TU Chat | View unanswered posts | View active topics  

Level 20 WA/MO farming : GW Submissions

All times are UTC - 8 hours

[ 7 posts ] 
lordruss
September 20th, 2006, 7:31 pm 

Cash on hand: Locked
Attributes

Axe - Usually the bare minimum for the axe you have, I use a Victos axe so I just set my req at 9.

Tactics - Your bread and butter for this build. Tactics determines your main damage output and also your energy management.

Healing Prayers - I set mine at 10. This gives me 3 pips from mending and 11 health gained per hit from Live Vicariously and Vigorous spirit. Combine mending at 3 pips and Healing breeze at 7 you also max out your health regen.

Left over points - Your discretion. Either dump some into strength to give you a longer sprint time (not really needed unless you get a horrible spawn), or bump up your other attributes.

Equipment

Nothing is really mandatory for this build, except a decent axe and a tactics shield. Here's what I mainly use:

Axe - Usually I use my Victos axe (which is my current favorite) although I do have a Hand axe, req 9, 14^50, +17% enchantments I also play around with.

Shield - The Collectors Carapice shield is perfect. 9 tactics req and +45/-2 in stance. A clean shield would work also, but you can be pretty loose with what you decide to wear.

Armor - I wouldn't suggest buying or really needing a specific set, I've used the same set for almost a year now. Mine is 15k plate with minor tactics, axe, and strength, and a Superior Absorption and Superior Vigor. For those of you who can't afford the Superior runes, a minor or major would also work equally well.

Skills

I'll list the required skills here and what they do for you.

Gladiators Defense[ELITE] - Your main damage dealer. At 13 tactics, gives you a 75% block rate, and 31 damage to the attacker when they miss. Lasts for 10 seconds with a 30 second recharge. Pretty slow compared to the old methods using smiting prayers, but a good alternative. Just keep spamming cyclone axe while it's refreshing and use it as soon as you can.

Cyclone Axe - One of the most important skills. Hits all enemies for a decent amount and coupled with Live Vicariously/Vigorous Spirit gives you a full heal. Also used to instantly charge Bonettis Defense to give you a constant 75% block rate and energy management.

Bonettis Defense - Your going to stay in Bonettis the entire time. At 13 tactics lasts for 10 seconds, but with cyclone axe refreshing it instantly, you never need to really worry about the length of it.

Sprint - You need to use this to deaggro the aviricas in front of the cave. Thats all.

Healing Breeze - Gives you a +7 health regen, couples with mending to give you a +10(max) regen. Keep it up as much as possible.

Vigorous Spirit - At 10 healing, lasts for 30 seconds and gives you +11 health per hit. Coupled with Live Vicariously thats +22 health per hit, and enough to fill you up via cyclone axe.

Mending - Not too much to say. +3 health regen, stays up all the time.

Live Vicariously - Another easy one. +11 health per hit, stays up all the time.

How to run this build

It's pretty straight forward.

1. Leave Droknars Forge and cast Mending, wait to refill, then Live Vicariously. You'll be at 15 energy.
2. Head East to the troll cave. Once you encounter the Avarica, hit sprint to deaggro them and continue into the cave. Now you'll be at 10 energy, but you only need 5 to start the combo.
3. Gather the biggest group of trolls you can handle. 10 is a good number to start off with, and when you get the timing down you can do 15+ easy.
4. Stop running, immediately target one, and hit cyclone axe, followed immediately with Bonettis. You wan't to keep swinging at one constantly, if he dies just target another one.
5. With Bonettis on, cast Vigorous spirit, the cyclone axe again, then back into Bonettis.
6. Then cast healing breeze, cyclone axe again, then back into Bonettis.
7. Once your energy maxes out, go into Gladiators defense. Keep spamming cyclone axe, and go back into bonettis before it runs out.
8. Repeat steps 5, 6, and 7 until all dead. Collect your goodies and do it again.

In Conclusion
Timing is everything, and it takes a bit of practice. Don't worry if you die a couple times, just keep it up and you'll be mowing them down before you know it.
Keep in mind, Bonettis will end prematurely if you use a skill. Therefore, when you cast Breeze or spirit, you have to immediately hit cyclone axe, then Bonettis very quickly. If not you could end up getting spiked by the trolls and drop way too low.
It's possible your Cyclone Axe could get hit by their distracting shot and take 30 seconds to get back. If this happens, don't fret. Just keep swinging, stay in Bonettis and Glads, and wait for it to come back up.

You'll get 168 experience per troll, and some decent drops. You'll find alot of Troll tusks, raven staffs, gold, weapons, and shields. I find by salvaging for wood, turning it into parchment andselling it to a player/NPC I can make an easy 7-10k per hour. Little bit more work, but it can pay off if you stick to it.

Tault_admin
September 21st, 2006, 5:40 pm 
administrator
administrator
Mod in Training

Cash on hand:

Can premium members say yay or nay to this being moved to a confirmed section.

70160q
September 22nd, 2006, 5:23 pm 

there are lots of these builds and most are faster then this one

/nay

abezden
September 24th, 2006, 5:50 pm 

^^ nay

lilfisher
September 24th, 2006, 8:54 pm 

Cash on hand: