TU Chat | View unanswered posts | View active topics  

Guild Wars Beginner's Basics : GW Submissions

All times are UTC - 8 hours

[ 2 posts ] 
tault_regnakskye
May 24th, 2005, 4:34 am 

Cash on hand: Locked
-------------------------------Guild Wars-------------------------------------

Hi, I'm Regnak Skye and this is a guide containing the basics for guild wars beginner's...

When you first log in you will create a character, there are two options:

Roleplaying : Your character will be able to traverse through the world fighting monsters, collecting loot, experiencing the story, and partying with other guild wars players. This character will start off at level 1 and gain experience, levels, items, and gold by killing monsters, successfully completing quests and other actions. This character will also be allowed the same priveleges as that of a pvp-only char.

Or

PVP-Only : Your character will start off at the maximum level with good equipment and weapons, but will not be able to play through the roleplaying portion of the game. Your character will only be allowed to fight in either:

Arena : A random team (4 people are randomly paired together for this quick match) will fight another random team of 4 people just to enjoy the pvp battles and gain minute amounts of experience. You can gain more experience by having flawless victorys (ones in which noone in your party dies) and consecutive wins.

Tournament : Your character will form a party of 8 friends or guild members to fight other partys for the favor of the gods. Gain fame by winning battles and keeping the gods' favors for your country.

Guild Wars : Your Guild will battle other Guild's for supremacy. This type of PvP requires your guild to own a guild hall.

First Creating Your Role-Playing Character

When you create your Role-Playing Character you will first choose what primary class the character will be, you can later choose a secondary class. You can choose from the classes :

Warrior : The tank of the classes. This class can take and deal alot of damage. Most skills require adrenaline which builds up over time in battles, for main attributes refer to the Guild Wars manual. I recommend the ranger, necromancer, or monk for a secondary class to this character. I also recommend using a sword or axe opposed to a hammer for a weapon as earlier in the game their special attacks do more damage.

Ranger : This class is an archer class. Use rituals to prepare yourself and boost your stats for battles and bow skills to deal out damage while on the move. Also set traps for your enemies and master a pet of your choice. A great lone hunter class for roleplaying. I recommend the warrior, necromancer, monk, or mesmer for a secondary class to this character. I also recommend using the ascalon bow (which can be crafted) during pre-searing.

Elementalist : (read mage) This class is the wizard of the classes. The elementalist relies on fire, air (lightning), water, and earth spells and deals damage from afar. This class is not meant to be taken into the brunt of the battle. The main attribute (energy storage) for this class is very useful in combination with the mesmer, ranger, and necromancer classes. I highly recommend an artifact, chakram, or other energy-enhancing item in lue of a shield.

Mesmer : This classes main goal is to distract and confuse their enemy. The mesmer has some excellent energy and health draining skills which turn their enemies own powers against themselves. Their main attribute increases their ability to cast spells with great speed which is good in combination with any other spell casters. Their health degeneration skills are great in combination with a necromancer in both roleplaying and pvp. Also their distraction skills are a good combination for a ranger. I reiterate the recommendation of an energy-enhancing item instead of a shield.

Necromancer : The "Black" mage, this mage relies on the powers of the undead. This class can drain health from their enemies while restoring their own, raise undead minions, and cast deadly magic. This serves as a good secondary class to a warrior or a mesmer. I reiterate the recommendation of an energy-enhancing item instead of a shield.

Monk : The healer of the classes, the monk just does that. This class’s main focus is keeping everyone in the party alive and well healed. Once this goal is accomplished the Monk uses smiting prayers to go on the offensive. Especially effective against the undead as they take double damage from holy spells the monk is a requirement for any well-balanced group.

You will then choose their appearance, this is a simple process of just choosing your character’s gender, body scale, hair color, face, and skin color.

When you start you will be in the city of Ascalon. Talk to the town crier to receive your first quest. Then talk to Tidus to receive a small bit of experience and further instructions. You will most likely be asked to kill the creatures in the river. Do this to gain some much-needed xp and also some items. I suggest to keep fighting the river creatures until you receive 5 skales. Once you have done this go to the collector just outside Ascalon and trade him for a belt pouch. Go to your inventory and drag the belt pouch into the appropriate spot (right next to your backpack spot) and ta da, you have 5 more spots in your inventory. I suggest using salvage kits on weapons early in the game and using identification kits on weapons that are “blueâ€

joshuamanster
May 9th, 2008, 12:24 pm 

Cash on hand: Locked
i like it thanx

[ 2 posts ]