taultunleashed logoSWG UNLEASHED : Star Wars Galaxies Discussions - Page 3 tu winter contest 2012 nintendo wii
newtopic  postreply
 [ 64 posts ]  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
blue large dot

SWG UNLEASHED : Star Wars Galaxies Discussions - Page 3

Posted: July 15th, 2003, 5:37 am

cazzz
cazzz's Reps:
your solution worked wyvern thank you, and man those skins are sweet

Posted: July 15th, 2003, 6:24 am

Lag
Lag's Reps:
N3wB question here, how can access XUnleashed while in SWG? I move my mouse to the bottom of the screen, but cannot get the task bar.

Posted: July 15th, 2003, 6:57 am

Sintor
Sintor's Reps:
some quick pointers here for people who are starting to macro with this, as i've picked up over 200k weaponcrafting exp in last 3 days with it.

In order to have it pick up your keyboard (for some odd reason) you need to deselect both by clicking mouse only, then click on both again, and it WILL pick up keyboard.

funny thing about that lag is that it doesn't actually exist, post-recording. if you do like me and have everything set to where your mouse barely moves at all and you know the EXACT number of clicks needed, you can go through the motions without actually completing the macro in game, and it will recruit it at regular speed.

compensating for critical failures- Using carriage returns in certain places where it doesn't affect your regular crafting will usually clear out any error boxes you get, providing your macro isn't very long or complicated. spot that works best for me is right as you double click the schematic to make, hit return immediately, and it does a return that registers but doesn't do anything. typically this will get me to the next crafting part (i use two kits per macro) and iron itself out after a full run. sometimes you just can't prevent it, and i'm anxious to see how triggers come out.

Posted: July 22nd, 2003, 12:51 pm

ManaBurn
ManaBurn's Reps:
Does Unleashed support any combat macros for SWG? I'm talking about, setting your character outside of town, where you know there will only be small stuff spawning, and have them stand around and kill? If there are any triggers just so they could target enemies and shoot at them without even moving, that would still be awesome. I don't know if it would even be possible or not, just asking.

Posted: July 24th, 2003, 9:04 am

Sintor
Sintor's Reps:
well, a basic target with tab and attack with an f-key on your hotbar works, as long as you go vertical on your viewpoint you'll only select things in your visual radius.

Posted: July 25th, 2003, 7:06 am

Reverie
Reverie's Reps:
Is this a new plugin we can download? If so, where? I haven't found anything yet that let's me create a crafting macro. If this actually works, my wrist will be very, very thankful.

Posted: July 25th, 2003, 11:39 am

Admin
Admin's Reps:
I dont beleive that there are any SWG specific plugins available yet. Only the standard plugins such as the Macro Window, the MP3 player, etc. . .

Posted: August 2nd, 2003, 5:47 pm

Crom
Crom's Reps:
Is there a macro plugin that will allow me to enter the number of times to repeat a macro - or am I stuck with 1 or loop ? Not sure if that would be a simple mod (not a programmer, thats why I come to the guys that are :-) )

Thanks
Crom

Posted: August 2nd, 2003, 9:19 pm

Admin
Admin's Reps:
Currently it is one or loop. We are going to add a # loop option.

Posted: August 19th, 2003, 10:17 pm

toastyuser2003
toastyuser2003's Reps:
hi guys, ive just started using macroing for sampling, crafting and combat...awesome! for those of u who are having trouble with critical failures etc...use a pen and mark the exact spot on yor screen for the 'ok' button for critical failures etc. ive found that using carriage return at different times during crafting, like when an item is being assembled can mess up the crafting window(all sorts of nasty things can happen...dam bugs). the reason why i say use a pen to mark where the ok button is is so u can use a mouse click or three to get rid of nasty messages like 'critical failure' and 'you already have your crafting kit open'. after a loop or 2 the programs will b fixed as long as u dont use carriage return 2 much.

i have a question for you sintor...200k exp in 3 days is fookin awesome! but im just starting out and simply dont have the resources to pull a job like that rofl. do you make complicated items to grind that exp with your macro(such as a rifle) or do you make simple things such as rifle buttz and just mass produce them? im just about to work on armorsmith and i was wondering(since i dont have much cash)...should i sit in a sweet spot and /sample and macro craft 24/7 making simple items like armor segments(only one resource type) or should i invest some time into missions and use resource harvesters?

sorry for the long post, but i and all the other lazy bumz who use this great program would love to know the most efficient way of making use of xunleashed...perhaps sum1 can start a new thread on crafting/exping efficiency?

Posted: August 22nd, 2003, 1:22 pm

Arvida
Arvida's Reps:
Hey Sintor,

Thanks for the tip about setting your view range to verticle. I was in a certain city killing some one-hit mobs and I came back to the computer to realize I had been killed by a red conned patrolman! I must have targeted him while he walked by. So, setting the view to verticle made me only see the guys spawning around me. Works great!

Arvida

Posted: September 2nd, 2003, 8:11 am

zite
zite's Reps:
triggers bah, for crit failure just make a macro to do without them and one happens stop playing the macro, hit record, clikc the ok button for the crit failure thing, then close the crafting window, then start like you normally would. It will go thru clicking there each time even if the window doesn't pop up and it takes a few seconds off the time to craft each thing but *shrug* it works.

Posted: September 26th, 2003, 8:52 pm

angzradbro123
angzradbro123's Reps:
do a radar with like you can pick what to single out in the area not from a list but what is in the area, cause the radar in swg sucks

Posted: October 3rd, 2003, 4:51 pm

bigjeff5
bigjeff5's Reps:
Ok, I don't think I've seen anybody post about this (I spend very little time in the boards) but getting past crit fails and such is incredibly easy if you use the already present macro system.

I don't feel like writing the macro here (it is quite long) but you can set up 4 self-repeating macros that will do 90% of the craft for you, you just gotta double click the resources. Crafting that way plows through crit fails, if the item crits it simply isn't created. It is ALSO like 5 times faster (I can do 1 full craft in 8 seconds) because it goes through the tedious steps instantly.

I got about 20k armorer XP in about a half hour and I wasn't even using XU. Now since I'm doing this for higher level bio-engineer and will be crafting for closer to 150k XP at a time I'm gonna use XU. All it needs to do is do is double click, which will have little if no slowdown like seems to happen so much.

If your crafts take a while (like nearly a minute each as some do) simply use more tools in the macro chain.

The only pain is the prep work but you only ever have to do that once per profession, and after the first profession the others are much easier to modify.

Posted: October 22nd, 2003, 5:01 pm

gatorspear
gatorspear's Reps:
For those of you who have trouble stopping the in-game macros, type "/dump". This dumps all paused and reoccuring macros that you use.

Wyvern - I am interested in a way to script movement to certain coordinated in order to complete missions or just automate long distance runs. Also, it would be good to add in a feature that would navigate around agro creatures and NPCs. Maskscent could be an option that it would keep up oin possibly.

-Gatorspear

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online