taultunleashed logoSWG vs WOW : Star Wars Galaxies Discussions - Page 2 tu winter contest 2012 nintendo wii
newtopic  postreply
 [ 36 posts ]  Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
blue large dot

SWG vs WOW : Star Wars Galaxies Discussions - Page 2

Posted: June 9th, 2006, 6:09 am

jmd419
jmd419's Reps:
seems like it may be an interesting game. I may try and hunt down a trial to it and give it a shot.

Posted: June 9th, 2006, 10:49 am

rabidsoccerball
rabidsoccerball's Reps:
I've got a trial key if you want it. PM me.

Posted: June 9th, 2006, 12:12 pm

jmd419
jmd419's Reps:
Its ok dont think im going to do it for awhile. My gf just started playing WOW and she needs/wants me to help her level so probably not for a few weeks.
I should be able to find my own in that time
thanks for the generous offer

Posted: June 9th, 2006, 5:46 pm

dch7808
dch7808's Reps:
Im not sure if rabid was talking about WoW or SWG, but as for SWG just go to www.starwarsgalaxies.com and right on the main page there is a button for the 10-day trial :D

Posted: June 9th, 2006, 6:39 pm

rabidsoccerball
rabidsoccerball's Reps:
I meant trial for WoW.

Posted: June 9th, 2006, 7:07 pm

scubasteve4sq

Total Posts: 444
scubasteve4sq's Reps: 1
Active User > 50 Posts
wow graphics suck, the queue times suck, the gameplay cant compare to SWG, even knowing how much better swg was before, if you move past your bitterness of SOE its still a better game

Posted: June 10th, 2006, 2:48 am

rabidsoccerball
rabidsoccerball's Reps:
No the graphics of WoW are better just turn them up in display. Gameplay is much more realistic for fighting. There are only queues for some servers. Anyone can beat anyone around the same level can beat anyone else if they l2p. So many people dropped out because the NGE seriously screwed over the gameplay.

Posted: June 11th, 2006, 6:30 pm

bartguy
bartguy's Reps:
Actually jedi really aren't that much better than any other profession, I see many jedi get pwnd by other people like bounty hunters and medics. It is really all about skill and buffs now. I think all professions are pretty well evened out except for elder jedi, but they earned it.And even then, they can get their asses kicked. So if you get pwnd by jedi then it's becuase your not as skilled as that particular player is, not becuase he/she is a jedi. Anyway SWG is way better than WoW becuase it has way more things to do, plus travel time is really fast. A friend of mine played WoW and flew on an eagle for like 10 minutes to get to another county, what is that all about? So I would definately suggest SWG over WoW.

Posted: June 12th, 2006, 1:02 am

rabidsoccerball
rabidsoccerball's Reps:
10 minutes is an overexxageration.

Posted: June 15th, 2006, 4:51 pm

illeatabug
illeatabug's Reps:
never played wow so i cant compare the two

but i love swg unconditionaly its the best game ive have played

in my opinion of course

Posted: June 15th, 2006, 5:13 pm

rabidsoccerball
rabidsoccerball's Reps:
Yeah well I've played both and i must say I loved it but I missed the skill involved to fight people like in FPS games. I know they souped it up some but I did love the housing. They're meant to add that in WoW and WoW i think just has more things to do plus you can have way more people. And theres no useless classes in pvp like in SWG with entertainers.

Posted: June 16th, 2006, 4:49 pm

gtrroolz
gtrroolz's Reps:
sweet pic rabid,is that during a raid or guild war?

Posted: July 9th, 2006, 6:57 pm

surgeskikes
surgeskikes's Reps:
SWG was my first MMO i tried and left briefly in disgust when the lastest 'combat enhancement"(NGE) when to live servers. I tried WoW and, while I enjoyed it, it got boring pretty darn fast, I am now back into SWG, as, even in its lesser glory, still offers much more diversity.

SWG > WoW

Posted: July 14th, 2006, 3:00 am

derecdawn
derecdawn's Reps:
SWG:
+ Crafting system (the most complex crafting system, no competition vs any MMO other)
+ Combat system pre-CU (the most complex combat system no competition vs any other MMO)
+ Guild War system
+ Housing
+ Space (2 games in one)
+ manuell-aiming post NGE (i rather have manuell-aiming then auto-aiming because PvP get harder that way)
+ Player/Factional world objects (Bases) to defend/attack
+ Player BH system

WoW:
+ Diving
+ Jumping
+ Falling

i've played both SWG and WoW.

Posted: July 20th, 2006, 3:05 am

beery1
beery1's Reps:
rabidsoccerball (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
No the devs screwed over SWG. Now everyone's a freaking jedi and those who aren't get owned...

I'm not a jedi and my character has never died once. Never beaten in PvE or PvP.

Of course that's because my character is an entertainer and I've never tried PvP or PvE. LOL.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online