taultunleashed logoBIOWARE removed a Elite chest on Tatooine : SWTOR Discussions tu winter contest 2012 nintendo wii
newtopic  postreply
 [ 5 posts ] 
blue large dot

BIOWARE removed a Elite chest on Tatooine : SWTOR Discussions

Posted: February 14th, 2012, 1:10 pm

phelan1777

Total Posts: 348
phelan1777's Reps: 9
premium
There was a chest that used to spawn in the wreckage that is near the SW corner of the Dune sea, it is in a Republic Heroic area and not directly guarded and used to be camped at least on my server.

As of this last Patch it has not spawned today. I logged in when servers came up this morning and have checked back every so often, no go.

The chest would drop purples, orange and other items level 23-26 and 1500-3500 credits.

Anyone else know this chest and confirm it is nerfed?

Posted: February 15th, 2012, 12:09 am

tault_nutter

Total Posts: 65
tault_nutter's Reps: 13
premium
I will check this as well ... it was a great chest for sure. will post here once I find out.

To bad it is camped by farmers on my server. It could be that your timing is off and you are unlucky.

That said I did notice diminishing returns since a few patches.

First 2 spawns at 8 (now 20 minutes), then 30 minutes then more than an hour ...
I guess they have some kind of check and verify if a certain character is spawncamping a chest without really playing ... just a food for thought and not based on any real facts I might have.

Posted: February 15th, 2012, 11:55 am

phelan1777

premium
well the chest I am talking about it should have been up at server restart after the patch and it wasn' there and hasn't been the times I have checked, when other chest were spawned after server start, I had a couple of toons sitting at the spawns and would was able to login, and grab the chest. So I am thinking they removed that particular chest entirely.

Posted: February 15th, 2012, 11:05 pm

mmathews

Total Posts: 1
mmathews's Reps: 0
Its been removed. I sat out there for 6 hours on Tuesday and another 3 today, just curious as to whether they had just extended the spawn time. Usually there is a level 13 gold farmer out there, who I know has been reported several times and I haven't seen him online out there either.

Too bad, was a good place to run by and grab some lowbie gear on occasion.

Posted: February 16th, 2012, 10:50 am

phelan1777

premium
I haven't seen any of the 10-12 level 11-14 accounts that were almost always on Ilum since the chest spawn nerf there.

I hit up the chests with my level 20ish toons for quick credits every so often and since the mass nerf I can hit the plant and usually loot 2-3 of the 4 chest for either side and it not be camped. I think Bioware did something right finally :P

I even camped one of the chest post nerf and the haul was about 2/3- 1/2 what I was getting before but had no issues with any one else. Then again Ilum on my server seems to have less numbers over all. That could be a bad sign on the whole.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online