taultunleashed logoFinally Caught a Ban lol : SWTOR Discussions tu winter contest 2012 nintendo wii
newtopic  postreply
 [ 18 posts ]  1, 2  Next
blue large dot

Finally Caught a Ban lol : SWTOR Discussions

Posted: January 13th, 2012, 6:22 pm

fadeous

Total Posts: 264
fadeous's Reps: 727
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
I am Protocol Droid M0-T0, Human Cyborg Relations.

We are contacting you regarding your account for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

From an investigation of your account we can see that your account was used to violate our Terms of Service.

Specifically, this account participated in exploiting the vendors within the game to generate currency or items in a way that is unintended by design. Your participation in this exploit can create a negative impact on the economy within the game.

As you have violated our Terms of Service we will be applying a suspension on your account. We are applying a 1 week (168 hours) suspension on your account effective immediately.

Legit only banned for a week and they are still letting me keep my CREDITS Lol!

1 billion Credits and only a weeks ban

Posted: January 13th, 2012, 6:33 pm

fujimo

Total Posts: 6
fujimo's Reps: 0
delete

Last edited by fujimo on January 14th, 2012, 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: January 13th, 2012, 6:49 pm

neowarex

Total Posts: 26
neowarex's Reps: 1
premium
i don't think you'll get to keep your credits i got this :

As you have violated our Terms of Service we will be applying a suspension on your account. We are applying a 1 week (168 hours) suspension on your account effective immediately.

Please note that for an Exploit of this nature we reserve the right to further investigate the matter and apply further sanctions if required.

Posted: January 13th, 2012, 9:01 pm

wohast

Total Posts: 32
wohast's Reps: 0
deleted

Posted: January 14th, 2012, 5:46 am

aweymouth

Total Posts: 8
aweymouth's Reps: 0
Got the same on my Alt account, a bit surprised I only exploited for about 250k; I would love to know how many accounts got banned.

Posted: January 14th, 2012, 4:43 pm

dimascus

Total Posts: 319
dimascus's Reps: 423
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
My other alt accounts never caught the ban, and I traded them 50m each. Another guildie traded his wife 4m; and she never caught a ban either. So, it looks as though just the accounts that actually pulled the exploit off were banned.

Posted: January 14th, 2012, 5:32 pm

rugburn

Total Posts: 376
rugburn's Reps: 4
premium
I avoided the ban on my main accounts. I used an account with a different name, using a game card, also on a separate dsl line to perform the exploit. Then randomly traded credits to people in the area.. On my main accounts, I placed items for sale at ridiculous prices, then bought them with the exploited character. I wanted it to look like I randomly chose people to give credits too.

So far it seem to have worked. I was able to move about 200 million credits with about 3/4 of it going to my other accounts.. My exploited account was suspended.. Nothing yet has happened to my main accounts.

Posted: January 16th, 2012, 8:04 am

youzme

Total Posts: 38
youzme's Reps: 1
Nothing will happen to the accounts that received credits / items. They only had the systems in place to flag those that were doing that vendor duping exploit, and those accounts were targeted. It would be a lot more complex database work to be able to accurately penalize other accounts that received items / credits, if not in some cases very poorly effective (accidental bannings, etc).

Fortunately for those of you who moved a ton of credits / items to alt accounts, you are set for life in this game.

Unfortunately, for those who did not and left their credits / items on the same main account, those accounts suspended for a week for the exploit will more than likely be stripped down to all but a few credits regardless of whether some of the credits you lose were legit, and any valuable items will probably be removed (high-end mats, gear, etc).

If you think about it, this is the way they pretty much have to do it. They might set all of the suspended accounts to 100K credits, or 10K credits if they really want to. They know we won't be able to make a thread on the general discussion site about it and get any sympathy from the community; quite the opposite, they would all be asking why we're still playing.

And the only reason we are, the only reason they gave 1-week suspensions, is because a ton of people did this very public exploit, and they don't want to slice down sub numbers with the first month retention numbers. It went around to guilds and was posted on public boards, including this one and other public boards.

Posted: January 16th, 2012, 8:28 am

hokuto78

Total Posts: 421
hokuto78's Reps: 441
premium
Everything is all speculation at this point. You will just have to wait and see on Saturday.

Posted: January 17th, 2012, 10:40 am

youzme

Total Posts: 38
youzme's Reps: 1
The emails are going around:

(!empty($user->lang['QUOTE'])) ? $user->lang['QUOTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'QUOTE'))):
We refer to our recent correspondence to you regarding the 1 week suspension of this account due to your participation in the exploit, specifically exploiting the vendors within the game to generate currency or items in a way that is unintended by design.
Given the nature of this exploit it was deemed necessary to investigate the matter further, having reviewed your account we can see that your account used this exploit to generate excessive amounts of credits and as such we will now be removing the said credits from your account with immediate effect

It will be amusing when everyone logs in that did this (without sending the credits to alt accounts) and sees how hard Bioware stuck it to us.

I had no alt accounts, so I'll be playing with whatever they left me with. I'll post here when the ban is lifted what I logged in to in my inventory (what they changed) for those of you having second thoughts about resubbing to the game (since the ban lifts after the resub period, we have to pay to find out what's left on our toons). Think these bans are lifted on Friday or Saturday. They just said it's a week ban and those mails went out on Friday.

The reality though is that it was all a learning experience. Get a crap alt account so the next time this rolls around, you can do it on that one that you don't care about getting banned and send all the credits to other accounts. They don't have the systems in place to take duped credits out of the economy once they have been spread around (through buying stuff on the AH, through sending to other accounts, etc).

Posted: January 17th, 2012, 11:10 am

dimascus

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
It will suck for those that had a few million before the exploit, if Bioware leaves them with 10-100k, hahaha

Posted: January 17th, 2012, 5:46 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
True but for people who muled credits like they should its going to be great.

Posted: January 17th, 2012, 6:38 pm

dimascus

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
I totally agree!

Posted: January 18th, 2012, 12:11 am

wohast

Total Posts: 32
wohast's Reps: 0
no email here

Posted: January 18th, 2012, 8:41 am

lordpadding

Total Posts: 12
lordpadding's Reps: 2
youzme (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
The emails are going around:

(!empty($user->lang['QUOTE'])) ? $user->lang['QUOTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'QUOTE'))):
We refer to our recent correspondence to you regarding the 1 week suspension of this account due to your participation in the exploit, specifically exploiting the vendors within the game to generate currency or items in a way that is unintended by design.
Given the nature of this exploit it was deemed necessary to investigate the matter further, having reviewed your account we can see that your account used this exploit to generate excessive amounts of credits and as such we will now be removing the said credits from your account with immediate effect

It will be amusing when everyone logs in that did this (without sending the credits to alt accounts) and sees how hard Bioware stuck it to us.

I had no alt accounts, so I'll be playing with whatever they left me with. I'll post here when the ban is lifted what I logged in to in my inventory (what they changed) for those of you having second thoughts about resubbing to the game (since the ban lifts after the resub period, we have to pay to find out what's left on our toons). Think these bans are lifted on Friday or Saturday. They just said it's a week ban and those mails went out on Friday.

The reality though is that it was all a learning experience. Get a crap alt account so the next time this rolls around, you can do it on that one that you don't care about getting banned and send all the credits to other accounts. They don't have the systems in place to take duped credits out of the economy once they have been spread around (through buying stuff on the AH, through sending to other accounts, etc).

Thanks for the headsup - and lesson learned .. :-)

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online