taultunleashed logoWho's going to TOR? : SWTOR Discussions - Page 2 tu winter contest 2012 nintendo wii
newtopic  postreply
 [ 34 posts ]  Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
blue large dot

Who's going to TOR? : SWTOR Discussions - Page 2

Posted: August 5th, 2010, 9:06 am

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Yea the playerbase of ff11 is much more mature its not real kiddy. But the problem is the same thing that happened with asherons call and asheorns call 2. They marketed a game just like the original with new graphics and a few new things.

Whats going to happen now is the playerbase will split in people who want old school and people who want new school. Its going to make them some more money short term but will hurt the playerbase on both servers.

If they released ff14 as a totally different type of game. IE new graphics, mobs, summons, location, lore. Then it would be different and more fun.

Instead we got a giant ff11 update....

Posted: May 3rd, 2011, 1:42 pm

whiteboymike

Total Posts: 36
whiteboymike's Reps: 2
very tempted. Not sure on the lack of pvp tho

Posted: May 3rd, 2011, 2:27 pm

Tault_admin

administrator
Mod in Training
Im pretty sure this game will be amazing but guild wars 2 might be a better game. All the major reasoning's for joining that game are crazy.

Posted: May 4th, 2011, 10:09 am

odistant

Total Posts: 37
odistant's Reps: 0
premium
Wasn't thinking about leaving, but now I most likely will. How do I know my credit cards are going to be safe after SoE's intrusion? :/

Posted: May 4th, 2011, 10:49 am

r04r

Total Posts: 387
r04r's Reps: 9
premium
Game cards :P

Posted: May 4th, 2011, 11:53 am

Tault_admin

administrator
Mod in Training
Ha yea that was big one with sony i wonder how many people are going to leave them. I think swtor, gw, rift, and wow are the new major players. Rift will be bigger if they stop screwing around and do a damn free trial already ha.

Posted: May 6th, 2011, 6:29 am

whiteboymike

Total Posts: 36
whiteboymike's Reps: 2
SOE must be feeling the pinch. I think SOE will just given SW players a free item to keep them quiet. Most people if given freebies generally stay around

Posted: May 6th, 2011, 9:13 am

cuervogold

Total Posts: 1088
cuervogold's Reps: 727
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
They have already stated they are waving sub fees for the month. I think there is something in there about also matching day for day on the down time.

Posted: June 13th, 2011, 11:25 am

rugburn

Total Posts: 376
rugburn's Reps: 4
premium
yesterday I received a beta invite to TOR. :)

Posted: June 14th, 2011, 11:32 pm

vinnyboy32

Total Posts: 1872
vinnyboy32's Reps: 3
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
rugburn (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
yesterday I received a beta invite to TOR. :)

I'll give you all my TU bucks if you let me play. :)

(Srsly, I'm that pathetic. Hahah)

Posted: June 23rd, 2011, 8:57 am

Tault_admin

administrator
Mod in Training
LOL

Posted: June 25th, 2011, 5:39 am

odistant

Total Posts: 37
odistant's Reps: 0
premium
I got a beta invite yesterday in my email. Seems like they are giving more and more users them. I signed up the first day it was announced too lol.

Posted: June 25th, 2011, 10:27 am

spagetiokillers

Total Posts: 130
spagetiokillers's Reps: 18
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
i wasnt sure if i was gunna leave but SWG decided for me
so +1

Posted: June 26th, 2011, 5:49 am

_obelix_

Total Posts: 122
_obelix_'s Reps: 2
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
it was not only SWG / SOE who made the decision for us, I blame LA for not renewing the license and SOE management for stupid decisions...

The timeline of TOR is not really the one I "know" as Star Wars. I grew up with the original 3 movies. Luke, Leia, Han, Chewie, Vader and the Imperator - that's "star warsy" and iconic for me. I could care less for what happened 5000 years ago in this galaxy... It's just another sci fi scenario then. Sci fi scenario with a crappy space implementation, no housing, no decorating, no sandbox feeling, a joke of a "crafting system"...

Before they announced, they will pull the plug from SWG, I was pondering of *maybe* give TOR a try. Never planned to leave SWG forever. There was always a possibility to come back, even if I was thinking of taking a break after the free time this year.

But the way it came out now, I will be forced to leave SWG end of the year. One thing they can't do - force me into joining TOR. I decided not to play it - for the reasons I depicted above... I'll have a very close look at the SWG preCU emulator. Hope they will get a boost in development now.

Posted: June 26th, 2011, 11:04 am

spagetiokillers

Total Posts: 130
spagetiokillers's Reps: 18
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
_obelix_ (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
it was not only SWG / SOE who made the decision for us, I blame LA for not renewing the license and SOE management for stupid decisions...

The timeline of TOR is not really the one I "know" as Star Wars. I grew up with the original 3 movies. Luke, Leia, Han, Chewie, Vader and the Imperator - that's "star warsy" and iconic for me. I could care less for what happened 5000 years ago in this galaxy... It's just another sci fi scenario then. Sci fi scenario with a crappy space implementation, no housing, no decorating, no sandbox feeling, a joke of a "crafting system"...

Before they announced, they will pull the plug from SWG, I was pondering of *maybe* give TOR a try. Never planned to leave SWG forever. There was always a possibility to come back, even if I was thinking of taking a break after the free time this year.

But the way it came out now, I will be forced to leave SWG end of the year. One thing they can't do - force me into joining TOR. I decided not to play it - for the reasons I depicted above... I'll have a very close look at the SWG preCU emulator. Hope they will get a boost in development now.

exactly my thoughts on the subject could not have said it better myself

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online