Gaming-News
 Cabal - CABAL Online Free2Play FAQ
May 8th, 2007, 12:27 pm 
Active User > 50 Posts
Active User > 50 Posts
premium

Cash on hand:

Subscription Related Questions

Q. What is the difference between the Free to Play Service and the Premium Service?
A. There will be several differences between the Premium Service and Free to Play. There are two types of Premium Service.

Platinum Premium Service
Use of the GPS
25% more Experience than the Free to Play service
25% more Skill experience than the Free to Play service
25% more Crafting experience than the Free to Play service
1 page more in the inventory and warehouse than to Play service, meaning 3 pages in total
Use of the Training Dummies

Silver Premium Service
This service can NOT be purchased if you have already purchased the Platinum Service

The Silver Service consists of three kits:

Academy
25% more Skill Experience than the Free to Play Service
Use of the GPS
Adventurer
25% more Experience than the Free to Play Service
Use of the GPS
Craftsman
25% more Crafting Experience then the Free to Play Service
Use of the GPS

Free to Play Service
No GPS
2 Inventory and Warehouse pages (Second Warehouse page available on completion of quest)
25% less Experience than the Premium Service
25% less Crafting Experience than the Premium Service
25% less Skill Experience than the Premium Service
No use of Training Dummies

Q. Will there be other levels of service or just the Premium and Free to Play rates?
A. There are two premium accounts, Silver and Platinum. As well as a number of items that can be purchased from the Item Shop using Cabal Cash.

The Item Shop is available to all players. Initially the Item Shop will contain the following items.

Item type

Item name

Premium
Service

Platinum Service

Platinum Service 30 days

Platinum Service 60 days

Platinum Service 90 days

Silver Service

Academy Kit 30 days

Adventurer Kit 30 days

Craftsman Kit 30 days

Fancy Item

Costume Epaulet (B Class)

A selection of Epaulets will be available on a monthly rotation

Costume Epaulet (A Class)

A selection of Epaulets will be available on a monthly rotation

Rental Item

Epaulet

Epaulet of Dicipline 30 days

Epaulet of Guardian+3 30 days

Epaulet of Fighter+3 30 days

Epaulet of Sage+3 30days

Epaulet of Guardian+4 30 days

Epaulet of Fighter+4 30 days

Epaulet of Sage+4 30days

Epaulet of Guardian+5 30 days

Epaulet of Fighter+5 30 days

Epaulet of Sage+5 30days

Epaulet of Guardian+6 30 days

Epaulet of Fighter+6 30 days

Epaulet of Sage+6 30days

Convenient
items

Return Core 30 days

Remote shop card 99 Qty

Astral Board

Astral Board Card X Green 30 days

Astral Board Card X Green unlimited

Astral Board Card X Steel Blue 30 days

Astral Board Card X Steel Blue unlimited

Pet Item

Monster Pet

A selection of Pets will be available on a monthly rotation

Silver Pet

Platinum Pet

Expendable
Item

World Entry

Map Part

Muster Card: Ruina Station

Epaulet of the Dead

Party D.T Card (D)-Zombie Infested Cottage

Party D.T Card (D)-Skeleton Mine

Party D.T Card (D)-Chimera Dungeon

Party D.T Card (D)-Mummy Grave

Party D.T Card (D)-Troglo Lair

Party D.T Card (D)-Parasite House

Party D.T Card (D)-Ghost Ship

Single D.T Card (D)-Skeleton Mine

Single D.T Card (D)-Mummy Grave

Single D.T Card (D)-The Ruins of the Ancient City

Single D.T Card (D)-Skeleton Mine

Single D.T Card (D)-Lighthouse Maze

Extender Item

Slot Extender (Level 2)

Portion

Life Portion (Level 2) 999 Qty

Mana Portion (Level 2) 999 Qty

Life Portion (Level 3) 999 Qty

Mana Portion (Level 3) 999 Qty

Extract Potion(STR) 10 Qty

Extract Potion(DEX) 10 Qty

Extract Potion(INT) 10 Qty

Nation
Transfer

Black Transmuter (Pastur)

Black Transmuter (Huan)

Core Item

Upgrade Core (Level 1) 1Qty

Upgrade Core (Level 1) 10 Qty

Upgrade Core (Level 2) 1Qty

Upgrade Core (Level 2) 10 Qty

Upgrade Core (Level 3) 1Qty

Upgrade Core (Level 3) 10 Qty

Q. What will the Premium Service(s) cost?
A. The Platinum Premium Service will cost the same as the original subscription price of 9.99 Euros. The Silver Premium Service will cost 6 Euros.

Q. I am currently paying for the service but wish to go Free to Play. What do I need to do?
A. If you currently have subscription time remaining, you will be compensated with Cabal Cash equivalent to one month Platinum Service and your account will be set to F2P mode. You will be able to spend this Cabal Cash in our Item Shop. When any Premium Service expires the account reverts to Free Play mode.

Q. Before Cabal went Free to Play I paid for a 3/6/12 month subscription what happens now.
A. The new Premium Service will allow players to purchase Cabal Cash which can then be used to buy 30, 60, and 90 day Premium Services or items from the Item Shop.

Q. I wish to upgrade/downgrade my subscription type is this possible or am I committed to a subscription type?
A. Existing subscriptions will be reset to a Free to Play Service. However, you can use Cabal Cash to purchase Premium Services from the Item Shop.

Q. Will there be other payment options available when Cabal goes Free to Play.
A. Shortly after the Free to Play service begins we are planning to add 2 additional payment methods. It is clear that there are some players who are still unable to pay to play the game due to lack of payment options. However, with the new service, it will be imperative that everyone will have the ability to make payments.

Q. Free to Play is a bold step, but will the sudden influx of new members change the quality of the service I receive.
A. The service quality will not change; we are committed to Customer Service as our priority.

Q. I have recurring payments set up. What should I do if I want to cancel my recurring payment?
A. You can cancel your recurring payment at any time. You can do this yourself or you can contact us via the support system and request that we do it for you.
Regardless of this, because of the change in service, prior to the Free to Play service beginning, all existing recurring payments will be cancelled.

Q. Will you need to close the servers for Free to Play?
A. Unfortunately, yes. By moving to the Free to Play service, many changes will take place. Not only this, but we will also be using completely new hardware which will be required to accommodate the explosive growth of players.

Q. When will the Free to Play Service begin and what will happen?
A. Because of all the changes required, we will need to completely close the game for approximately 2 weeks. Some may consider this a long time and we can certainly understand your concerns. However, we believe that this is a short term inconvenience to suffer for the long term gains.

Q. When will I have to stop playing and when can I play again?
A. We plan to close the game servers on the 21st May 2007. This will mean that no-one will be able to play the game.
We then expect to open the Closed Beta stage on the 6th June, which will see the return of a limited number of players to the game to help test the new client and Free to Play Service. Only existing subscription players will be invited back for this phase. We anticipate this testing period should last approximately 6 days.
After the completion of the Closed Beta stage, on the 13th June 2007, all existing registered accounts will be invited to play the game. This will mean that anyone who had a previously registered account will be able to start playing again.

Q. How will you choose who will be invited to test in Closed Beta?
A. Always a delicate subject, we will select players who already have good experience of the game irrespective of their guild name or GA status. Also, players who have a good history of not only finding game bugs, but reporting them well too, will be taken into consideration.

Q. How will the server down time and test phases affect my existing subscription?
A. Once the game resumes the commercial service all accounts will be set to Free user status. This means all accounts will experience the Free to Play service. We will, however, give Cabal Cash to all existing subscriptions. With the Cabal Cash, players will be able purchase items or Premium services at their leisure. We will not assume which model you would choose to opt for and will let you decide. We will give you enough Cabal Cash equivalent to 30 days of the Platinum Service.

Again, this will be applicable to all existing subscriptions.

Technical Related Questions

Q. I use the Premium Service and my friends use the Free to Play Service. Will I still be able to hunt and play with them?
A. Yes – absolutely! As a Free service player you can still enjoy the game with your friends. You may struggle to keep up with them though as they will level more quickly and have access to features which you won’t have. (See Differences between Premium and Free to Play Services)

Q. Will the Free to Play Service and the Premium Service use the same client?
A. Yes. The client will be the same for everyone. Only the status of the player’s account will be different depending on whether the player has a Premium or Free account.

Q. Will CABAL Online be available to buy on disc?
A. We have no plans for this at this time.

Q. Will there be any more servers added to cope with the expected increase of players?
A. We will initially open with Mars and Mercury, however if needed we will add more servers when the time comes. Mars and Mercury will have 12 channels each; these will both contain a mixture of PK and non-PK channels.

Q. Will the DC and lag problems be resolved in the FREE TO PLAY set up?
A. We hope that with the new improved hardware and the new data centre these issues will be minimised if not resolved completely.

Q. Will the in game mail system be fully implemented so players can mail each other?
A. This is not planned at the current time; however it will be included in a future update.

Q. Will there be a feature where players can customise the way the interface looks/works?
A. This is not planned at this time, but all suggestions will be passed on to the developers.

Q. Will there be a feature where players can customise the way there characters are controlled?
A. This is not planned at this time.

Q. Will there be servers targeted toward different nationalities?
A. This is not planned. We would like to promote a multicultural environment where all European players play together. Choosing to segregate people would not benefit anyone in the long run.

Q. Will there be more features added to the account management of the website?
A. Suggestions are welcome here.

Game Related Questions

Q. I have reached the max level in game will they be increasing the level cap or is it going to stay the same?
A. This is not planned at the moment; however it is possible that it may be raised in a future update.

Q. Will there be more quests introduced to give the higher level players something to do?
A. We have no information on this at the moment; however we will ask the developers if there are any planned.

Q. Will we be able to change our character attributes such as hair and face in the Free to Play set up?
A. This is not planned at the moment; however it may be implemented in a future update.

Q. Will our guilds remain in the game?
A. Yes guilds will remain unchanged.

Q. Will there be any changes or added features to the current guild set up?
A. There are no plans to change the guild set up.

Q. Will there be separate guild storage so guild related items can be kept separate from the individual guild leader’s inventory?
A. This is not planned at this time.

Q. Will the Nation change NPC still exist in Free to Play or will it be exclusive to Premium Service subscribers?
A. The NPC’s will still exist, however the item used to start the quest will only be available through the Item Shop.

Q. Will the pets have functions in Free to Play?
A. Not initially. However, functions for the pets will be added in a future update.

Q. Will drop rates improve with Free to Play?
A. No.

Q. Will there be more weapons, jewellery and armour available?
A. No.

Q. Will the amount of jewellery items that can be equipped at any one time be increased, for example to be able to wear up to 4 rings?
A. No.

Q. Will there be an option for being able to quick swap between 2 sets of armour?
A. No.

Q. Will the way Honour can be achieved in game be improved, for example guild wars, capture the flags?
A. There are no changes planned at this time.

Q. Will there be more incentive to engage in PvP?
A. The higher numbers of players will encourage PvP and you will see hunting areas more contested than before.

Q. Will PVP be more balanced to prevent unfair pking and grief kills?
A. There are no changes to the existing PvP/PK system.

Q. Will features be implemented to prevent mob steals/drop steals?
A. There are no changes planned at the current time.

Q. Will the crafting system be extended to craft items like bracelets and earrings?
A. There are not changes planned at the current time.

Q. Will the success rate of creatable items increase?
A. No.

Q. Will there be new skills available?
A. No.

Q. Will I be able to change the profession I chose?
A. No.

Q. Will there be more official events? If there are, will these events be made so that both high level and low level players have an equal chance of getting items?
A. We will add all events that ESTsoft provide us with and will cover most holidays in the calendar.

Q. Will there be more party based quests available?
A. There are no new quests being added at this time.

Q. Will the amount of people allowed in a party increase?
A. No.

Q. Will there be an action system put in place?
A. There is nothing planned at this time.

Q. At the moment it doesn’t matter which aura code you are as the effect is the same, will this change so that certain types of aura affect mobs in different ways, for example a fire based mob will be immune to fire based attacks?
A. There are no planned changes for this at this time.

Q. Will Magic/Sword skills be changed so their element type affects monsters in different ways for example a fire based mob will be immune to fire based attacks?
A. There are no planned changes for this at the current time.

Q. Will it be possible to upgrade astral boards when Free to Play begins?
A. This is not known at this time.

mitchsteef

May 24th, 2007, 11:22 am 

Cash on hand: Locked
hello,
where can I see the price of premium and where the price of silver
and i wana play again when can i?

[ 2 posts ]