taultunleashed logoDo YOU LIKE D3, or was it just the next new thing? : Diablo 3 General Discussions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 1 post ] 
blue large dot

Do YOU LIKE D3, or was it just the next new thing? : Diablo 3 General Discussions

Posted: June 30th, 2012, 11:03 pm

hardsell

Total Posts: 703
hardsell's Reps: 1487
premium
I was going to purchase D3 but in doing my research for my D3 info site page http://www.taultunleashed.com/diablo3-p ... 82074.html

I started to have a few concerns....

I purchase almost everything from amazon and like to read the reviews of certified buyers, so was looking at the purchasers ratings for D3 and comparing them to Tera and SWTOR. My quick glance is just looking at the 5 star to 1 star ratios

D3
(2,334)
2.3 out of 5 stars
5 star 465
4 star 183
3 star 131
2 star 288
1 star 1,267
not quite a 3 to 1 negative ratio

Tera
(61)
3.6 out of 5 stars
5 star 24
4 star 14
3 star 6
2 star 6
1 star 11
over 2 to 1 positive ratio

SWTOR
(594)
3.5 out of 5 stars
5 star 261
4 star 86
3 star 61
2 star 56
1 star 130
2 to 1 positive ratio

I tried to discount the bad reviews that focused only on the first day hiccups and error codes...

D2 is an ugly game (but it's old almost ancient, morrowind is ancient but has a funky beauty) BUT you can choose to play online or not, and are not forced to be online I was looking forward to having a game that a crappy laptop could play offline, so this was one of my big concerns

one of the major themes in the negative reviews was... you made us wait 12? years for THIS???

some people were looking forward to legally making some $money$ on a game and that's fine and kind of refreshing to see a game maker incorporate this*, and it would be fun to make money on a game for a change

*unless the game maker knew they had a turkey on their hands and added it on just to increase sales /cynicism off

but, that's not the fun I was seeking, maybe I mean immersion rather than fun, like my first first year or so of EQ ...

get home from work, eat one handed while playing and only due to extreme bladder discomfort and not yet getting to the point of having an eq piss bottle, find that 7 or more hours have gone by, that was fun/total escape

so do you find D3 fun and why?

Do you agree with the amazon majority and give D3 1 out of 5 stars, and why?

I liked D2 and my necro main, and was looking forward to D3 but wanted to play a fun game rather than just put a checkmark on my scorecard of games I've played/that are out there...

there aren't a lot of MAJOR game releases each year so did you buy D3 just to beat it and move on or??

The admin wants discussion so be as long winded as I am:)

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online