blue large dot

Diablo 3 Auction House Tricks : Diablo 3 Guides

Posted: May 21st, 2012, 6:43 am

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Hey all i have been using the auction house a ton and just wanted to share some nice little tricks that people may find useful. Pros probably will get little from this but if you are new to the game you can learn a lot.

- Always try to sell yellows in the auction house. The item might look like junk but spending a few seconds can turn that 200 gold into 5000 pretty easily. That helps a ton.

- Try to sell pages as quickly as you can. If you are just playing this you will see how things are dropping in value very quickly. With new bugs coming out they are going to drop even more.

- Use the buyout max feature to find the best loot out there. Its right next to the search for legendary or set items feature. Every 5 or so levels i tend to use the AH to get my toon new loot. It has worked great for me so far.

Posted: May 22nd, 2012, 3:10 am

halfredspider

Total Posts: 3
halfredspider's Reps: 0
I had about 30 of these suckers spare.. some one must have a lot of gold because I just had 50k gold flying into pocket..

+1 to you good sir!

Posted: May 23rd, 2012, 2:37 am

Spitt

Total Posts: 745
Spitt's Reps: 718
premium
I got one to add... not all Orange/Yellow items are that great. In fact the item with the most DPS in the game, is a blue item. Don't assume that because it's yellow/orange that it will sell for a lot. Look at the stats on those blue items too. One 2-H mace does around 1450 dps... sells for about 3.5 million gold.

Posted: May 23rd, 2012, 11:24 pm

youzme

Total Posts: 38
youzme's Reps: 1
Aside from ridiculously high DPS weapons, what other items do you guys consider worthy of the buy low / sell high, playing the AH game?

Posted: May 23rd, 2012, 11:33 pm

hokuto78

Total Posts: 421
hokuto78's Reps: 441
premium
there aren't enough AH slots, or the ability to cancel auctions after 5min to actually try to buy low and sell high. Also the market is so flooded with chest farming loot that prices are falling through the floor.

Posted: May 24th, 2012, 7:19 am

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Yea right now i believe the AH is way to unstable to figure out how to Buy Low and Sell High.

It is odd that the majority of blues far outclass yellows. Yellows are no longer going to be better than blues. Its just a yellow has more magical abilities added to them than a blue. Sucks you can't get super excited about a yellow dropping anymore, and i do hate highlighting over every blue during an Inferno Run.

Hoku i have no clue why you cant end auctions early, it makes no sense to me. It really sucks since prices are fluctuating so fast that my awesome sword i found is now pointless and i have to wait 2 days to get it back so i can just merchant sell it.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online