taultunleashed logoWhimsyshire Exploit (All Difficulties) - Range trick : Diablo 3 Nerfed Info
newtopic  postreply
 [ 11 posts ] 
blue large dot

Whimsyshire Exploit (All Difficulties) - Range trick : Diablo 3 Nerfed Info

Posted: June 15th, 2012, 8:01 pm

carefoot

Total Posts: 541
carefoot's Reps: 890
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
If this gets nerfed as fast as the last exploit I am going to mail my !@#$%^&* to head office in Vivendi france.

(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

(!empty($user->lang['QUOTE'])) ? $user->lang['QUOTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'QUOTE'))):
This tip will work better for ranged classes, but if you're a melee character I'd recommend using at least 1 ranged attack like "throw weapon" to take advantage of it.
Basically, if you've done an Inferno Whimsyshire run, you're aware of how tough the Unicorns are. I'm a Wizard with somewhat high def, resists, and average vitality, but even with a hit or two from the unicorns and I'm out cold. What's worse is that you can't out run them (at least with 12% movement). It's even worse for the Elites and Champion Unicorns, since they're typically 1 shotters.
So, what I recommend you do when encountering any type of Unicorn (excluding teleporting) that you know you can't easily take down (typically the Elites and Champions) is that you get them pinned. There is one spot in particular that always spawns on every map and that you need to look for. I'm including a screenshot so you can see what I'm talking about, but it's just a tree that is ever so close to the edge which allows you to pass through it, but stops Unicorns from doing so.
Once in position, the Unicorns will be locked in place and you can simply spam ranged attacks easily killing them. Generally most of the Elites and Champion packs ARE unicorns which makes this method extremely helpful. So, while it does NOT work for the Cuddle Bears and Flowers, it will work for the more common Elite/Champion unicorns.
Well, hope this helps someone!

Posted: June 16th, 2012, 3:02 am

lilfisher

Total Posts: 6810
lilfisher's Reps: 63
This one works, I'll confirm and rep it. I have been using it for a while. This will work from either side of the "strait" (think bering strait) or "pony stopper" as I like to call it.

I didn't think of sharing it on here (work has kept me busy) otherwise I would have. 12 hour shifts + 1 hour drive to and from work + an inability to sleep leads to maybe a 5-6 hour sleep before doing it all over again. It cuts severely into my D3/any game time.

Posted: June 20th, 2012, 12:06 pm

lilfisher

this got nerfed with 1.0.3

Posted: June 20th, 2012, 12:19 pm

dtrick

Total Posts: 148
dtrick's Reps: 747
premium
use the new ponie stoper, with the wall of SLEDGES!

Posted: June 20th, 2012, 9:54 pm

whitelightningjp

Total Posts: 104
whitelightningjp's Reps: 107
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
This is not nerfed, one of the DH streamers just did it this evening.

Posted: June 21st, 2012, 12:51 pm

lilfisher

Weird then since my girlfriend and I have tried different times and each time they pass through. We used to use the spot quite a bit. I'll go back and try it again today but was not working for us.

Posted: June 21st, 2012, 11:02 pm

lilfisher

I will again say this is nerfed. I was doing a run through nightmare (yeah I know i haven't progressed much...work eats all my time...) just now and tried with regular and elite ponies and they all ran right through the previously working spot on the map shown above. Try it yourself rather than watch someone's stream.

Posted: June 22nd, 2012, 1:42 pm

whitelightningjp

Total Posts: 104
whitelightningjp's Reps: 107
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
I don't need to get them stuck, so never tried it, just know that 100% the night before last, on a stream, post patch, they got stuck. Maybe it was a different spot or something. Just saying.

Posted: June 23rd, 2012, 5:52 pm

eqnotalent

Total Posts: 17
eqnotalent's Reps: 1
premium
Nerfed

Posted: June 24th, 2012, 7:35 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
eqnotalent (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Nerfed

Is this nerfed for the new way too that was posted?

Posted: June 28th, 2012, 1:17 am

mastrade

Total Posts: 10
mastrade's Reps: 1
premium
Nerfed

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online