taultunleashed logoDuplicate Items In the Auction House (plug) : Diablo 3 Submissions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 3 posts ] 
blue large dot

Duplicate Items In the Auction House (plug) : Diablo 3 Submissions

Posted: May 23rd, 2012, 1:28 am

carefoot

Total Posts: 541
carefoot's Reps: 890
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
(!empty($user->lang['QUOTE'])) ? $user->lang['QUOTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'QUOTE'))):
http://imgur.com/a/NpzGc

So I was posting my old xbow to the auction house when the game lagged and said it timed out. Checking my auctions, the xbow was there. I went into game, removed the gem, and chilled for a while (the second screen shot). I then checked the AH again once the auction was locked in. There you can see the original xbow with the gem still in it.

Obviously this was random and not controlled, but it could perhaps be exploited by hackers which is why I'm trying to make it known. If the xbow disappears when someone buys it (which hopefully they will), I'll edit this post appropriately.

Also, if this is against the rules to post this, tell me and I'll remove it.

Verbatim message I found on Blizzard bug forum that is now pulled off. Take it for what it is, but I would think plugging and creating the normal item timeout error. I would put this in discussion... but *shrug*

Posted: May 23rd, 2012, 9:41 am

errorist

Total Posts: 280
errorist's Reps: 121
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
It's definitely worth a shot. It just sucks that, potentially, we only have 10 chances to have it work, otherwise 10 auctions are listed.

Posted: May 25th, 2012, 2:10 am

fadeous

Total Posts: 264
fadeous's Reps: 727
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
lol right, i would try pulling the catfive out at certain times of loading the item , i feel like there is a huge window of oppertunity to be exploited while that item is being loaded on the AH , but then again they have done a pretty good job working out all those exploits and being dealing with Real money soon i dunnnno.....

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online