taultunleashed logoEVE Macros: MineX3.8 : EVE Online Nerfed Info
newtopic  postreply
 [ 76 posts ]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
blue large dot

EVE Macros: MineX3.8 : EVE Online Nerfed Info

Posted: June 21st, 2006, 12:43 am

mafiamoe
mafiamoe's Reps:
Ive been looking around for a good macro, but found that the good ones are just too large (runs its own 'version' of eve... you cant easily switch from the macro to playing EVE). So im creating my own macro. I dont promise that is will conquor the verse for you, but it should work while only take up a whole 1mb on your hard drive.

*These pictures are out of date, the general locations of the windows are the same but the size of the windows were changed in the dragon update. just make sure the windows are in the right place, dont worry about it being 'x' pixels of*
Pictures to help with setup: 1 2 3

*if your are having a problem with the macro looping while it is trying to warp/dock try dragging the people and places to be longer. (see how in the picture the PnP is not at minimal height)

I got a deal I cant pass up. It will allow me to continue to further along the macro and make this into a macro I couldn't do if I simply kept it on this site. I hope you have enjoyed the macro as much as I have enjoyed the great responses I have gotten, If you wish to purchas a new version, it is now sold at the link below.
www.irozeny.com or PurchaseHere

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by Guest on September 27th, 2006, 12:50 am, edited 113 times in total.

Posted: June 21st, 2006, 8:46 am

blackmoon

Total Posts: 695
blackmoon's Reps: 9
Lifetime Member (Scripting)
mafiamoe (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Ive been looking around for a good macro, but found that the good ones are just too large and for little reason(Max Cote runs its own 'version' of eve... i simply dont like that).

Kinda like Buck said, MaxCOTE and SuperNOVA both use a "dedicated" copy of Eve... mainly because they do all the setup for you and inorder to do that, the cache must be cleared. I got a crap load of bookmarks... and almost as many folders for those bookmarks... I had to clear my cache once for a bug in an Eve update and that screwed me to no end.

It is just meant to make life easier. Macro with one copy. Game with the other. Unless you dont have the gigs.

Posted: June 21st, 2006, 1:09 pm

mafiamoe
mafiamoe's Reps:
yes, i see where your coming from with that idea, and it is cleary works (I did run it and it did work on my system), but it also has to log in to run the macro. What i am going for in this is you can play eve, and then when your done, just make your mining ship active and turn on the macro. It tells where it is (station/space) and if its mining already and starts from where you left off. This also allows you to stop the macro and just start playing (Of course it also start up eve and logs in if eve is not running yet). I am trying to make it as basic and redundant as possible so it works on most systems, and among many different gaming styles (and so that when a change to the system comes around, this one man programming team can cope with it :-P).

This may never be as good as Max Cote, Its just a new idea with its own new features to throw around. I dont doubt you could elaborate on the idea of this and make it 10x better (MaxCoteLite??? ...) but for now, this is it. Happy to hear a response and hope you like it :)

O, and you put both the people and places and the scanner in basically the same spot. after the macro is done with one it minimizes/closes it (or at least should) The GUI is crappy because I have only been fidding with it for a couple days...

GetWindowPos>EVE,X,Y
Let>X={%X%+485}
Let>Y={%Y%+760}
GetPixelColor>%X%,%Y%,p

Is all over the place in the macro to try and make sure that if the screen is moved at any time it will hopefully still run without a hitch. Is there a way to put this into a subroutine? I have little knowledge about this programming language, only been working with it for 3 weeks now...

Blackmoon is right when he said it makes it easier with 2 copies of EVE, one to play one and one for the macro, but wheres the challenge in that :-P jk. Both ways you go about it will have its own pros and cons, just throwing another option out there.

Hope this answers your questions and gives you a little constructive feedback

There just might be a way to have both set of features in one...

Posted: August 15th, 2006, 6:59 am

romeo83x
romeo83x's Reps:
After launching the game and logging in, the macro doesn't do anything. It keeps looping and trying to open the ships cargohold(which is already open and at the bottom left corner of the screen) and thats it.

Posted: August 15th, 2006, 11:11 pm

mafiamoe
mafiamoe's Reps:
simple solution is to turn that check off (hit the profile editor button). Thanks for the bug report, i have noticed this happens sometimes myself. Ill provide a 3.7 rev 1 with the fix tonight. it is caused by the macro not seeing a certain color.

Ive changed the code and its working on my system. (currently getting bombarded by npc's to the point where the shields are low enough for it to head back into station... i want a hulk... :-P )

Posted: August 16th, 2006, 12:16 am

romeo83x
romeo83x's Reps:
Could you also post or link a screenshot on how your windows are placed exactly please.

http://www.imageshack.org for fast image uploads

Posted: August 16th, 2006, 2:49 am

mafiamoe
mafiamoe's Reps:
putting them on image shack now, im altering the code to hopefully work with most color settings, will take a bit and im not sure how much time i will have to work on this over the next months, class is starting up and it takes priority. This is an ongoing challenge, I will not abandon it.

Last edited by Guest on August 18th, 2006, 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: August 16th, 2006, 6:48 am

tault_buckw1
tault_buckw1's Reps:
If your clearing cache and then want to restore the original you can either copy the Eve folder to another and run the macro out of that directory OR backup/save the eve\cache folder then restore it when script is done...

Posted: August 17th, 2006, 10:26 am

doomfarer

Total Posts: 16
doomfarer's Reps: 3
It loads EVE fine, does the log in fine, but doesnt do anything at the charater select screen, read the minesetup3.7 and that provide no help with this issue.

Does the game window need to be in a certain location for this to work correctly?

Posted: August 17th, 2006, 11:55 pm

mafiamoe
mafiamoe's Reps:
sounds like the game is running with non-windows xp window display settings. I had this in the help file at one time, but somehow it isnt there now... sorry about that. Right click on the desktop, properties, appearance, windows and buttons should be set to Windows XP style. Ill update the download with a new setup file, thanks for the catch.

Posted: August 20th, 2006, 6:35 am

doomfarer

mafiamoe (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
sounds like the game is running with non-windows xp window display settings. I had this in the help file at one time, but somehow it isnt there now... sorry about that. Right click on the desktop, properties, appearance, windows and buttons should be set to Windows XP style. Ill update the download with a new setup file, thanks for the catch.

Dude your the bomb thnxs!

Except sadly it still fails to select my character, it then close the eve client, and give the error login failure.

:cry:

is there a mean to edit that login portion, so the macro waits for me to login and select my toon ???

THis will allow me(fingers crossed) to see if once ingame the macro will function.

NVM did some digging and heres what i found
Remark>Selecting Character
Remark>Let>display=selecting char%CRLF%%display%
Remark>GoSub>GetDialogActions
Remark>Let>Dialog1.disp=display
Remark>ResetDialogAction>Dialog1
Remark>MouseMoveRel>390,290
Remark>LDown
Remark>Lup

Ill assume that the mousemoverel is whats causing me my problems, Ive added the Remark> to see if i can get around this issue.

Well that didnt help at all, sat for 2 full mins then closes the game client and returns the login unsuccessful.

Well i took it a step farther and remd out the "check if logged in" portion this causes that macro to crash out(stop running)

So from my limited knowledge of programming, it would seem to me that the macro has some kind of issue determining if EVE has correctly logged into the game. I'll assume yuor doing some kind of pixel check for color to dettermine if the games logged in.

Posted: August 20th, 2006, 2:12 pm

tault_buckw1
tault_buckw1's Reps:
Ok, i'm trying out the latest and number 1 suggestion..
Please clean up the profile editor! It's a mess :)

It's a seperate pop up window so make it bigger and line everything up and make some of the input boxes wider..

back with more constructive critism in a bit.. :)

Posted: August 20th, 2006, 3:14 pm

doomfarer

Tault_buckw1 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Ok, i'm trying out the latest and number 1 suggestion..
Please clean up the profile editor! It's a mess :)

It's a seperate pop up window so make it bigger and line everything up and make some of the input boxes wider..

back with more constructive critism in a bit.. :)

ahhh ok Buck, I'm a little hessatant to start messing with this script as ive never programming in macro shedular, only progamming ive ever done is in actools(back when i played AC) and quickbasic.

And messing with the scripts profile editor(resizing it) i dont think will resolve the issue that when the eve client gets to the character selection screen the script fails to see that its there.

Posted: August 20th, 2006, 5:30 pm

tault_buckw1
tault_buckw1's Reps:
Forget the character select unless you really want autolog on...he will get to it..

Start up Eve and position the windows as he shows, then stary the script and see what it does....it autodetects if your in base or out..

His idea and implementation of this script is unique and well thought out but it does show his newness with MacroScheduler as per his earlier post about needing some subroutines :) He also checks some of the windows a bit too much...imo.

Posted: August 20th, 2006, 5:45 pm

tault_buckw1
tault_buckw1's Reps:
mafiamoe,

I'm stepping thru the script to see what pointers I can give...
#1 is I think your doing too many checks on each window to verify open or closed...case in point:
Lines 2537-2539, actually the whole routine but I get a failure here..

(!empty($user->lang['CODE'])) ? $user->lang['CODE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'CODE'))):
Let>X={%Xb%+281}
         Let>Y={%Yb%+532}
         GetPixelColor>%X%,%Y%,w

Your apparently looking for the white scroll triangle in the items hangar..it is 6 pixels higher for me, but what if someone has a empty hangar? There will be no triangle and then the Z value will fall well under 40mil..
Your window location routine is supperb! Given that, you can check each window for just a couple of locations, specifically the pixels of the "X"

All those Let>j=j+1 can be replaced with add>j,1 Check out the add command!

Are you using the defualt font? Check out my pic and compare to yours...why the difference?

More to come as I go thru it..and YES, learning the GUI on MS is a real pain.

and quit abbreviating so much! darn hard to understand! Script speed is not affected!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online