taultunleashed logoAuto Attack [Revision 1.8] : EverQuest 2 Nerfed Info - Page 2
newtopic  postreply
 [ 243 posts ]  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next
blue large dot

Auto Attack [Revision 1.8] : EverQuest 2 Nerfed Info - Page 2

Posted: January 26th, 2005, 1:24 am

tault_vukodlac
tault_vukodlac's Reps:
Careful at low levels using this...You level so quickly that i could see a problem with this working perfect, you are attacking mobs normally you could beat but if you are away, ie: work or sleeping, and you are using a very low level dd which worked great when you started and was at your level, now you are 6 levels higher, same con, and that low level dd wont kill the +6 level mobs now. :) "You have DIED!" so dont forget when you come back, put your newest most powerful heals/dd's in the hotkeys. Coming from a cleric point of view. Pretty common sense, but perhaps overlooked by someone. Enchanter is my main but he doesnt solo very much so cant really use that here.

Hey Pickled...for those that dual-box (wish i was one of them), perhaps this script could be altered for the other char if we wanted to group. Have one of the chars just autofollow the main, then once a battle is initiated, the 'follower' attacks same mob as the 'tank'. This would work great with a warrior/cleric. Have the warrior FOLLOW the cleric, the cleric be the tank. That way its easier to code because the cleric can heal himself since hes getting attacked instead of trying to heal another group member. and the warrior would add a lot of damage so the fight would end fast.

Posted: January 26th, 2005, 2:19 am

tault_pickled
tault_pickled's Reps:
Hey vukodlac, Nice to see you thinking hard on this one and thats a very valid point regarding levelling fast.

The script is really intended to net you a level a day kind of thing - at higher levels where you have attained a series of good attack skills - bearing in mind you wont level ANYWHERE NEAR as fast as you do at level 1-10. (recommended level for script 14+). Glad you thought of this as I will put in my notes recommended level for script!

Fortunately I have two accounts - just so happens one is a 30+ cleric and one is a 20 Warrior :] - So who knows I could easily write an assist script too.

Almost finished script too, just ironing out another 500 bugs :P

Posted: January 26th, 2005, 5:52 am

Tault_nazeroth

Total Posts: 1390
Tault_nazeroth's Reps: 1
premium
Wow nice job Pickled! Your scripts are becoming more and more advanced.
How did you get the char to run at the mob? Push the right keys relative to his loc and the mobs loc?
What about an auto looter?

Posted: January 26th, 2005, 7:31 am

tault_jhgbaouns
tault_jhgbaouns's Reps:
Nice work Pickled!

Posted: January 26th, 2005, 5:39 pm

tault_pickled
tault_pickled's Reps:
Thanks guys - it's a work in progress, just trying to find ways to achieve things and will definately improve on them, it's a case of building a base for the features - then gradually improving on them.

Theres scope for massive changes and improvements, like more checking when moving to a mob (it's really just a fun thing atm).

Note that you can opt not to use:

Move to Target (set from menu on/off)
Auto Rotate (set as -1 in menu an will disable it)

At least if you are having trouble finding a suitable location to move to mobs - you can disable it :)

Posted: January 26th, 2005, 5:54 pm

tault_vukodlac
tault_vukodlac's Reps:
tried getting this working last night for like 45 mins no success. i know the prog works, its probably my screen size or key setup or something. I did do the setwindow script. seemed fine. Ill try and check it out tonight. It kept jumping for some reason...perhaps i have 2 actions set to same key...but dont think so. Good work. Cant wait to get it running.

question: when you say make the health bar red...i saw that option..now do you want the 75%-100% and the 50%-75% and such all red too? or keep them color coded how they are?

Posted: January 26th, 2005, 6:15 pm

tault_pickled
tault_pickled's Reps:
Are you following the instructions correctly?. Theres a lot to take in.

Running AutoIT spy to check window is at 0,0 x blah blah?

Do you have all the keys set up in correctly in EQ2 controls?

If it keeps jumping then the keys are definately wrong in your EQ2 controls, or you have not set the keys up correctly - re-run option one and carefully read the options to enter the corresponding keys.

Have you set up the correct keys in the script setup?

As mentioned in the instructions it must be set as ALL RED. There is no mention of ranged colors.

What exactly happens when you run the script?

You really have to follow the instructions one by one or it will not work.

Posted: January 26th, 2005, 9:25 pm

tault_vukodlac
tault_vukodlac's Reps:
I ran option 1 a few times. One thing, i had the option marked "all red" but the broken down percentages were still original color, so thats one thing, i need to go make sure those are red too. So no matter how low you get your health bar will be red. I ran the setwindow but did not double check with autoIT spy. Ill double check that tonight. I definatly have the keys set up in eq2 controls. I believe i set up the correct ones in the script. Basically i only got it to latch onto a mob one time in like 45 mins. When it did, it was doing all kinds of things, but not how it is supposed to work. Casting heal at random times (most likely cuz i left the percentages original colors). My HO would also go off when I was not in a fight. Its user error im sure.

just to clarify,

in the options for health, there are 5 options dealing with this and color.

mine was set up as this:

color bar = always red
75%-100% = green
50%-75% = blue
25%-50% = yellow
0% -25% = (whatever color)

i need to make all these = red correct? Not just the first one.

Thanks for help.

Posted: January 26th, 2005, 9:30 pm

tault_pickled
tault_pickled's Reps:
Color bar should always be red.

Check over all the instructions carefully as mentioned.

Not sure why its not working properly for you.

It's still running on mine for the last 5+ hour without a hiccup.

Posted: January 26th, 2005, 9:34 pm

tault_pickled
tault_pickled's Reps:
I know, paste me your COMBAT.INI file (it's in the same folder as the script)

Also is your Desktop Resolution 1024 x 768!?

Last edited by Guest on January 26th, 2005, 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: January 26th, 2005, 9:35 pm

tault_vukodlac
tault_vukodlac's Reps:
yea..ill go over it tonight. theres a lot of keys set up that I dont use/need. Ill probably clear all the keys, just add the ones that I use, which are pretty basic. Then Ill know for sure there arent any keys mapped 2x and such. Thanks.

Posted: January 26th, 2005, 9:40 pm

tault_pickled
tault_pickled's Reps:
Oh one thing....

If you do post your combat.ini make sure to edit out your name and server name hehe :)

Posted: January 26th, 2005, 9:53 pm

tault_vukodlac
tault_vukodlac's Reps:
pickeled, disregard PM...im brain dead right now.

Posted: January 26th, 2005, 11:35 pm

tault_basss001
tault_basss001's Reps:
I am having an issue with the script. I do not know what a consider key is... It is not targeting the mob in the beginning...

I believe that the consider key setting is wrong. I made it my {TAB}

Help.

Posted: January 26th, 2005, 11:47 pm

tault_pickled
tault_pickled's Reps:
EQ2->Controls->Targetting Keys->CONSIDER KEY-> Set it

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online