taultunleashed logoEQ2: Speedhack See first page. : EverQuest 2 Nerfed Info - Page 2
newtopic  postreply
 [ 65 posts ]  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
blue large dot

EQ2: Speedhack See first page. : EverQuest 2 Nerfed Info - Page 2

Posted: April 9th, 2005, 4:31 am

tault_akanon
tault_akanon's Reps:
VERY high. Speed hacks are typically the easiest to catch for a number of reasons. Usually they are highly noticable, so any players along the way will report you. Also it is fairly simple for the server to check against a max speed.
You would probably be relatively safe limiting the speed hack to about JBoots or SoC speed.

Posted: April 9th, 2005, 5:02 am

tault_sirusdv
tault_sirusdv's Reps:
o0ofoulo0o (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
sirusdv (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Took this apart this is what it does:

writes 4 bytes at 0xd58f93

the bytes are between 0x1B (normal) and 0xE1 (max allowed by program)

when you close the program it sets the offset to 0xE1 (might be an error on coders part as he probably wanted 0x1B (default) instead of the 0xE1)

The program is confirmed safe. Trust me on that :)

What program did you use to find that, I can tell you that isn't the right offset...

since it is in .NET I decompiled it to MSIL let me double check that offset.

Posted: April 9th, 2005, 5:05 am

tault_sirusdv
tault_sirusdv's Reps:
these are the 2 functions that do the work

(!empty($user->lang['CODE'])) ? $user->lang['CODE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'CODE'))):
[DllImport("kernel32.dll")]
public static extern unsafe bool WriteProcessMemory(int hProcess, int lpBaseAddress, float* lpBuffer, int nSize, int lpNumberOfBytesWritten);

public unsafe bool WriteToMemoryS(float fltPoke, int num)
{
      if (clsMemoryWriters.WriteProcessMemory(this.InitProc(this.strProc), num + 0x19, &fltPoke, 4, 0))
      {
            return true;
      }
      return false;
}

and

(!empty($user->lang['CODE'])) ? $user->lang['CODE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'CODE'))):

private void spdbtn_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
      float single1 = (float) this.numericUpDown1.Value;
      clsMemoryWriters writers1 = new clsMemoryWriters();
      writers1.strProc = "EverQuest2";
      int num1 = 0xd58f93;
      float single2 = single1;
      writers1.WriteToMemoryS(single2, num1);
}

writers1 contains the first function above.

Posted: April 9th, 2005, 12:14 pm

tault_o0ofoulo0o
tault_o0ofoulo0o's Reps:
What did you decompile it with? May I ask you to please email me the source that you got, different programs get different things, like IDA pro doesn't give me that.....? foulplay2@gmail.com

I'll try to keep it upto date

Posted: April 9th, 2005, 1:40 pm

tault_zezman
tault_zezman's Reps:
Holy crap this really does work.

When you "Walk" shift-R.... speed 50 is FAST!
200 is like... instant movement within Qeynos. Dangerous it is yes.

Add:

I am new to this game, can anyone create a guide as to which speed number equals a particular speed in the game?

Posted: April 9th, 2005, 2:05 pm

tault_sirusdv
tault_sirusdv's Reps:
o0ofoulo0o (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
What did you decompile it with? May I ask you to please email me the source that you got, different programs get different things, like IDA pro doesn't give me that.....? foulplay2@gmail.com

I'll try to keep it upto date

if you have the .NET Framework SDK you have a tool called ILDASM.exe I just took the IL code and turned it into C#.

Posted: April 9th, 2005, 3:23 pm

tault_o0ofoulo0o
tault_o0ofoulo0o's Reps:
I did that but uh.....wow....confusing.

Edit: Thanks for posting about that tool, its pretty cool.

Posted: April 9th, 2005, 3:38 pm

tault_zezman
tault_zezman's Reps:
I noticed that if i go into stealth mode ( as a scout ), and I use this, I can move very rapidly.

Now, can other players see me if im "sneaking"?

Posted: April 11th, 2005, 9:09 am

tault_veleno
tault_veleno's Reps:
zezman - yes other players can see you because mage classes get "see invisibility" also there are items in the game that grant it such as "band of detection" wich grants the wearer the ability to see people using invisibility

also i would use around 8-9 to stay safe - 10 i think is too fast

also this is great for kiting mobs - i was soloing a lower character of mine and lvld em 3 times by killing mobs that were white/yello ^^

Posted: April 11th, 2005, 2:23 pm

tault_zezman
tault_zezman's Reps:
Presumably, if you're moving at speed 200, even sneaking, you will be moving so fast that even if someone did see you, they wouldn't have a split second chance of even catching your name, much less really seeing you at all. I notice that most npcs don't even have time to load until after I "land."

Posted: April 11th, 2005, 5:37 pm

Tault_jonolee

Total Posts: 45
Tault_jonolee's Reps: 0
yeap, i use speed 25, put invisible on and just fly past. Also try to avoid big groups ahead of me

Posted: April 12th, 2005, 9:00 pm

tault_ftshark
tault_ftshark's Reps:
Worked great for me... Last night I set it to 20 and did the entire "Journey" quest at level 28. Gained 1.5 levels by just completing the final 4 zones. Stealth wouldn't work since all the mobs could see me at the level 28. It's too bad I can't use the amour yet; I guess I'll just hold on to them until I can use them.

One question, does anyone know if Pathfinding and the J-boots stack? The j-boots have nice stats but only provide a 10% increase in speed, where Pathfinding gives a 16% increase. I was debating whether to sell the boots or not.

Like mentioned before, don't set the speed too high. I had one-person last night comment on my speed. You could easily get caught...

Posted: April 12th, 2005, 10:30 pm

tault_zezman
tault_zezman's Reps:
If you're a scout, you can use sneak or other stealth craft to stay invisible while moving fast. If not, try to find a way to get invisible and stay invisible. Keep the speed at the very low end, or the very high end. Low end speed won't look suspicious unless you're doing a footrace against someone on horseback, and high end speed you'll be moving so fast no one will be able to get your plates.

Posted: April 12th, 2005, 11:37 pm

tault_ftshark
tault_ftshark's Reps:
Being level 28, my problem was when stealthed in the higher levels. The mobs would attach and my stealth would be cancled. Stealth works good when the mobs are grey.

Posted: April 12th, 2005, 11:52 pm

tault_zezman
tault_zezman's Reps:
So far from my experimentation, I've noticed a "Reaction time delay." Mobs that will attack have to "notice" you before they attack. If you're moving fast enough you don't give them enough time to react and attack.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online