taultunleashed logoEQ2: Speedhack See first page. : EverQuest 2 Nerfed Info - Page 3
newtopic  postreply
 [ 65 posts ]  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
blue large dot

EQ2: Speedhack See first page. : EverQuest 2 Nerfed Info - Page 3

Posted: April 14th, 2005, 9:58 am

tault_akanon
tault_akanon's Reps:
Ah-hah! Finally figured out what I was doing wrong - I was turning on/off sprint instead of run - *smacks self in head*

EDIT: Also found a new fun way to use this - or a fun thing to do, at least. It seems that if you are close to a zone border in the water while using this, you can fly like a birdie!
To test out, go to Antonica along the south of the map, where you're swimming around in the yellow. Turn on sneak/invis, crank the speed up to 100, and go down to the bottom of the ocean. Now, turn on autorun and hold down home. You will go shooting up through the water and into the air - it's really quite exhilerating!
This is also one of the strangest ways to die. It seems that if you continue holding down the home key on the downward trip and you are pointed across the zone line, sometimes you'll cross over it. THis wouldn't be bad, except that the water on the other side is fake. You wind up falling straight into the ground for massive falling damage.

Posted: April 14th, 2005, 4:27 pm

tault_veleno
tault_veleno's Reps:
weird thing with the falling damage happend to me - i finished doing the jboots and found out the flying part. so i say to my self - i wanna see how much falling damage i can get by shooting up in the air - well i was in TS at the docks and i went flying way up and when i landed i didnt take any damage - no i didnt use the jumping macro or offsets, i thoguht it was weird and after a couple tried in vain i gave up

also another thing with the flying - i find its alot easier to do it if your in just enough water so you can ffloat. sometimes when i go out in the middle of the water thats way over my head i just surface but if you go right near the edge of the water and use 'End' to go down then 'Home' to go up youll fly right outa the water

Posted: April 15th, 2005, 4:33 pm

tault_crock88469
tault_crock88469's Reps:
anyone get busted using this yet?

Posted: April 15th, 2005, 8:40 pm

tault_zezman
tault_zezman's Reps:
Not at all. The only one's who are aware of it are people I've grouped with, and only if I did something extreme like run 200 from death camp respawn site back to the group. And only if someone is in the same outdoor zone as I. Other than that, I don't think SOE has the tools necessary to detect this. Since it only changes a small numerical factor on your own computer, it doesn't in any way touch their servers. The only thing is that you end up rendering some other location extremely quickly and sometimes their servers take a second or two to catch up.

Posted: April 15th, 2005, 8:48 pm

tault_akanon
tault_akanon's Reps:
Zezman - don't fool yourself into believing that they can't detect this. In MANY games that I have beta tested, I actually found this same issue and reported it. After being reported, they typically fixed it within the week (Jumpgate and AO are two that come to mind).
There is actually a velocity value transmitted to the server - how difficult do you really think it would be to do an If(ReportedSpeed > MaxSpeed)DoSomething(); ?
Only reason that I'm using it is, at this point, I dont really care whether I get banned or not. The game has lost much of it's fun - although I must admit, flying across Antonica at 200 is bringing some of that excitement back. Running over foothills normally doesn't matter, but at that speed you can die from them =)

Posted: April 15th, 2005, 9:13 pm

tault_zezman
tault_zezman's Reps:
They would have to receive a complaint from a player before they can see it
They would have to see a player doing it before they can confirm it
They would have to know it was possible before they looked for it
They would have to look for it before they could detect it
They would have to know to look for it before they can know anything at all

Right now, their ignorance is our defence. That will only last until someone blabs.

Posted: April 16th, 2005, 7:05 pm

tault_davuswho

Total Posts: 106
tault_davuswho's Reps: 1
Active User > 50 Posts
OK.. say you do use this.. is there any way to explain why or how it happened.. ie.. playing dumb? or blame it on a corrupt or mal-functioning pc?

Posted: April 17th, 2005, 1:22 am

tault_sirusdv
tault_sirusdv's Reps:
davuswho (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
OK.. say you do use this.. is there any way to explain why or how it happened.. ie.. playing dumb? or blame it on a corrupt or mal-functioning pc?

lag.

Posted: April 18th, 2005, 1:45 am

tault_akanon
tault_akanon's Reps:
lag might work for up to 12, but beyond that that much lag would disconnect you. For a reference, 10 is just slightly faster than a lvl 50 rogue with pathfinding, legendary JBoots, while sprinting.

Posted: April 19th, 2005, 8:06 pm

tault_davuswho

Total Posts: 106
tault_davuswho's Reps: 1
Active User > 50 Posts
This is not working for me this morning

Posted: April 19th, 2005, 9:01 pm

tault_zezman
tault_zezman's Reps:
Hold off on using it for a day. Or a week....

I believe that they might have changed something, and made it so that when you alter the memory offset that USED to be the walking speed, it will instead send a signal to them via a NEW routine that will inform them that you were one of the people using the speed hack.

They will wait for a day or two, or maybe even a whole week to record those who tried to use it. Then wipe the server clean with a broad ban against all those who attempted to speed hack but failed, because of their change.

I am going to lay low for a week or so and walk about normally until I can verify or deny my premonition.

(I could just be paranoid, but who wants to take the chance?)

Posted: April 20th, 2005, 12:45 am

tault_veleno
tault_veleno's Reps:
zezman they dont have to see a player doing it before they get the notion that theres a program or exploit for that matter thats capable of this - you might forget that the SOE devs read these forums and already have this program in their possesion. they know it is possible and know it exists and with that said F*CK YOU DEVS

im with akanon when he says he uses this only because he doesnt care if he gets banned - i dont either, the game has lost alot of its fun with alota the stupid !@#$%^&* thats been done to it cant wait till i get banned so i can go play diablo 2 (for you idiots; yes that was a joke)

davuswho - this is working perfectly fine for me this afternoon (4/19)

Posted: April 20th, 2005, 1:34 am

tault_o0ofoulo0o
tault_o0ofoulo0o's Reps:
veleno (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
zezman they dont have to see a player doing it before they get the notion that theres a program or exploit for that matter thats capable of this - you might forget that the SOE devs read these forums and already have this program in their possesion. they know it is possible and know it exists and with that said F*CK YOU DEVS

I actually doubt that they are subscribed to this site. Even big companies take petty purchases like this seriously, that could go toward the CEO's new BMW.
veleno (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
im with akanon when he says he uses this only because he doesnt care if he gets banned - i dont either, the game has lost alot of its fun with alota the stupid TAULT CENSORED thats been done to it cant wait till i get banned so i can go play diablo 2 (for you idiots; yes that was a joke)

davuswho - this is working perfectly fine for me this afternoon (4/19)

If you think it has lost alot of its fun now, lets just see if the patch that was recently put on the test server makes it to live, boy will that be interesting, I'm sure that it could cause about 50% of those who have thought of quitting to quit. Let me put it this way, A warrior heavy armor can have less mitigration AND evasion then a priest 6 levels lower than him with no armor. Boy has it caused some um....havoc on the test server.

Posted: April 20th, 2005, 6:00 am

tault_xeorn
tault_xeorn's Reps:
Heres what you do

Go to www.everquest2.com

Use it

Its very great I was doing 200 but it really doesn't matter because all they can do is ban your free account and you can go make a new one! =D

Posted: April 20th, 2005, 6:27 am

tault_pharce
tault_pharce's Reps:
xeorn (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Heres what you do

Go to www.everquest2.com

Use it

Its very great I was doing 200 but it really doesn't matter because all they can do is ban your free account and you can go make a new one! =D

Now THAT is absolutely hilarious. I am tempted to make a bunch of accounts, and set up a little macro bot army with my extra machines.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online