taultunleashed logoWorking Offsets (Mem/Hacks) : EverQuest 2 Nerfed Info - Page 7
newtopic  postreply
 [ 125 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
blue large dot

Working Offsets (Mem/Hacks) : EverQuest 2 Nerfed Info - Page 7

Posted: February 22nd, 2005, 9:51 pm

tault_lostsox
tault_lostsox's Reps:
Ok, so I’ve been able to use Tsearch v1.6 to pin point the addresses for Gold and silver storage values inside the bank. Sounds promising expect I am unable to modify these values. Any hints as to what I could do or might try?
Seems like there should be a way to trigger whatever it is that puts money into that address but its beyond my understanding as to it. Im a noob at this whole thing and Im just proud of my self in finding those values to begin with.

Posted: February 23rd, 2005, 12:40 am

tault_pickled
tault_pickled's Reps:
Let me just tell you right now, you will NEVER be able to edit money :)

Posted: February 23rd, 2005, 5:01 am

tault_nuad
tault_nuad's Reps:
Money is stored completly server side. You can easily raise the amount client side but as soon as you wan't to use this money the server is detecting it.

Posted: February 23rd, 2005, 5:11 am

Tault_pretzel

Total Posts: 73
Tault_pretzel's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
I wouldn't go quite as far as to say theres no way to edit money.. sony can make slip ups too, we all know that. Yes, you'll never be able to go and directly change the amount in your inventory or bank, but thinking outside the box you might find a way.. everytime money changes hands.. trades, broker (both as buyer or seller).. things like trying to change the commision value.. if it works.. set it to negative.. there you go. Im almost certain that wouldnt work, but I wouldnt be suprised if somehow someway it could be done. :)

Posted: February 23rd, 2005, 6:11 am

tault_akanon
tault_akanon's Reps:
Case in point: In the Jumpgate beta (failed space flight sim MMO), you couldn't change the number of credits and buy any items. HOWEVER - you COULD change the number of credits and purchase a new space ship. If you stayed logged in, it would detect the discrepancy and set you back, but if you purchased the space ship & pulled the plug, it would save the better ship, you could sell it back for your old one, and BAM! You have cash.
Of course the bug was reported (by myself, actually) and fixed fairly soon (along with the warp bug that they left in for some reason...), it's things like this that give us 'sploiters hope :)

Posted: February 23rd, 2005, 8:18 am

tault_lostsox
tault_lostsox's Reps:
Ok there is a way to edit it. Using Tsearch and setting the search string value to 2 bits instead of 4, do a search for the numerical value of the coin you wish to edit. Do this for all 4 coin slots. Once you have located all four individual coin slots addresses do a search for the total amount in the back as well. There is a 5th coin total number that will add up and change to the amount total in the back. Ok good and well right? Now comes the interesting part. If you change the value in Tsearch of one of the coins below what you have in the bank and lock it you will notice that you'll only be able to pull that exact number out of the bank. For instance if you have 99 copper and you lock it at 89 with out physically changing the amount in the bank you created an offset that does effect the sever. You can only remove 89 copper. So what does that mean? Not to be mean or anything but if you use a combination of add/freeze to each of the slots in tsearch while removing the coins from the bank you will create a glitch that is repeatable. BEWARE that it does generate an error at some time telling you that you don’t have that much coin in the bank and I don’t know if it flags the sever. Also, if you close the bank window before logging the calculation are reset. If I only knew how to bring up a broker window to buy stuff while having the bank window open then the possibilities would be endless. Money launder items that sell for a good price buy/sell after jacking coin ext ext. As of yet I haven’t been banned and still testing. I’ll give an exact how to once I know that this will stay up and working after a few system restarts, since I did all this early this morning.

Posted: February 23rd, 2005, 10:09 am

tault_akanon
tault_akanon's Reps:
Lostsox - from your description, this appears to be simply stepping down your other coin (sp & gp) and converting it to cp. I tried this several weeks ago and it would give the error on the first try, but that was before bankers were willing to 'make change'.

Posted: February 23rd, 2005, 10:41 am

tault_lostsox
tault_lostsox's Reps:
Yeah you step down the coin but the value in the bank does not change. Its locked but as far as I can tell the value displayed is locked only on the client side as Pretzel stated. Oddly enough I can get my coin value in game to exceed the actual coin value on the sever but when I try to use the offset value over the amount listed on sever side it produces an error stating I don’t have that much in the bank. Dead end I guess. Sorry to everyone for posting before fully testing the bug, just got so excited when I saw the value increase in my inventory and not change in the bank. Sorry again, don’t want to be flagged down as a false claimer just got ahead of myself.

Posted: February 23rd, 2005, 11:44 am

tault_akanon
tault_akanon's Reps:
Yeah - I got pretty excited myself the other day when I managed to 'give' myself 20gp - but when I started trying to spend or transfer it the server caught it.
Strangely enough, if you toy with the power values, you will show client-side a full power bar, but it will still run out. When the power starts regenerating, it starts showing really strange values. I had to camp out and back just to get it to show something legible.

Posted: February 23rd, 2005, 12:43 pm

Tault_nazeroth

Total Posts: 1390
Tault_nazeroth's Reps: 1
premium
heh, one thing i learned from a very good hacker while playing around with PE (Project Entropia) is that very strange things can happen with values like money in games when you set them into the negatives. Because its a neg value, some times software calculates it as being a very big number and thus will let you buy ANYTHING.
Or the server simply does not have a defined measure for a specific error you create and it'll just let it through.

But the problem with ANY of these 'exploits' is that a few simple filters will log and flag your account instantly and you'll find your self being banned very quickly.

Posted: February 23rd, 2005, 2:25 pm

tault_lostsox
tault_lostsox's Reps:
yep yep, sorry again guys. heh, I feel so overly noobish at this ;) still having trouble getting the originally posted offsets to work, I think they may have changed, and Im not sure how to search for them. Im reading up on it tho so maybe I'll figure it before Im level 50. ;)

Posted: February 23rd, 2005, 4:18 pm

tault_glenny1

Total Posts: 152
tault_glenny1's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
Aye or very large numbers turned into small #'s. In ashersons call we had a bug that if u added more the 4 billion worth of items in your merchant buy window(was kinda like a trade window is in eq2, with unlimited slots), that he would only only ask u to pay for 1 item, instead of 44k for each one

Posted: February 23rd, 2005, 4:28 pm

tault_sirusdv
tault_sirusdv's Reps:
anyone have the current value for safe fall? or can provide the searchable hex pattern

Posted: February 26th, 2005, 10:16 am

tault_lostsox
tault_lostsox's Reps:
is anyone been able to aquire the new offset values?

Posted: February 26th, 2005, 1:40 pm

tault_sirusdv
tault_sirusdv's Reps:
pattern files would be nice

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online