taultunleashed logoWorking Offsets (Mem/Hacks) : EverQuest 2 Nerfed Info - Page 4
newtopic  postreply
 [ 125 posts ]  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
blue large dot

Working Offsets (Mem/Hacks) : EverQuest 2 Nerfed Info - Page 4

Posted: February 5th, 2005, 6:30 am

Tault_tarnott

Total Posts: 11
Tault_tarnott's Reps: 0
premium
For the love of me I can't figure out how to do this. I read your previouis post on how to accomplish it but I still have no luck. I"m using Winhack... any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted: February 5th, 2005, 7:10 am

tault_akanon
tault_akanon's Reps:
Ah - figured out how the current target is stored in memory! Mwahah... I'll check to find a static address or pointer when I get home, but you can find it pretty easily just as soon as you know what you're looking for.
Just search through process memory for the target's name padded with NULL characters. ie: Akanon (41 6B 61 6E 6F 6E) becomes A k a n o n (41 00 6B 00 61 00 6E 00 6F 00 6E 00). Using cheat engine, I'll usually search for that string, change targets, and find which values in the first list match the new value. This leaves only 3-4 memory addresses.
As I said - I'll post whatever info I can find when I get home.

Posted: February 5th, 2005, 10:52 am

tault_atrapas
tault_atrapas's Reps:
Nice find indeed Ak, interesting how it ends up doing that.

Still trying to nail down the out of range check for harvesting here. Provided I can find that it would make harvesting sooooooo much easier with detail turned to 100%. Can see those suckers for miles.

Posted: February 6th, 2005, 7:48 am

tault_pickled
tault_pickled's Reps:
Pretzel could you post me a basic example of how you found the memloc/offset for example: Enduring Breath, I'm just learning to find these things and would be interested in trying to find them myself properly :)

I have basic knowledge of finding the stuff in W2Dasm etc and searches in T Search or WHack.

Guess finding the offset is the hardest part with little to to knowledge of Assembly :P.

Posted: February 6th, 2005, 8:32 am

Tault_pretzel

Total Posts: 73
Tault_pretzel's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
As for changing the range check on harvesting, I dont think thats possible. It appears to be server side, I don't know that by digging through the code.. but logic seems to suggest so. When one spawns half way in a tree or something you can target it, and stand right next to it yet you'll get an out of range message. -- This dosen't mean there isnt a way to think outside the box.. seems theres always a way to do everything through some form of manipulation :)

Its a pretty detailed process.. I'll give you the same links I sent to atrapas, I dont know how useful they were for him, but they looked relevent. These were old eq1 guides I dug out of bookmarks from when I used to do mem hacking in eqlive.. I use the same process here, more or less, and it works.. so they should help you out.

http://www.TAULTUNLEASHED RULES.com/101.html
http://www.showeq.net/forums/showthread ... 480&page=1
http://members.fortunecity.com/crackerware/id29.htm

Posted: February 6th, 2005, 9:47 am

tault_pickled
tault_pickled's Reps:
Thanks - that seems pretty helpful, is it ok to mess around with basic values in EQ2 for testing purposes even if you crash it?

I wouldn't be doing anything like a speed hack - just learning stuff like changing values to open inventory window for example...

I doubt it would flag you for that kind of stuff, then again maybe not :)

Posted: February 6th, 2005, 11:48 am

tault_akanon
tault_akanon's Reps:
Figured out what was going on in the code. What I was finding in memory was basically just the name being converted to 16-bit chars to send to the DX commands. I'm trying to use W32dasm to figure out where it gets the original info from - I'll update ya later with my results.

Posted: February 6th, 2005, 1:42 pm

Tault_pretzel

Active User > 50 Posts
Pickled - thats what I did, and im not banned yet. I dont see any reason why you shouldn't just poke around. You'll crash.. a lot.. trial and error. :)

Posted: February 6th, 2005, 2:50 pm

tault_atrapas
tault_atrapas's Reps:
Dunno man, I've found out how to make everything out of range no matter what, I get the feeling it's my lack of assembly knowledge now that's killing me. I think the tree thing is more of a collision check being failed, i.e. something's in the way.

I can follow the jmp's well enough, but when I'm trying to find the checks and figure out how to make it either A) Bypass the jump or B) Not jump, I don't know the syntax to put it in. EB is for always jump, but what is never jump?

I want this one bad, narrowed it down to about 15 addresses so just going through one by one. Even tried crosschecking it with the ability is confounded/interrupted error messages to see if I could narrow down the range. Figured out how to switch the error messages (Big whoop) but it seems to pile all that stuff together in one section and there's nothing referencing my harvesting leads.

Much thanks for the tutorials btw, they did help. Here's one I found for help with ASM

http://ninethsense.netfirms.com/study/asm2.html

Still trying to locate one that has the shortened versions of what I need. As I said earlier:

EB = Always jump
90 E9 = ?
90 90 = ?
56 C3 = ?

Posted: February 6th, 2005, 3:15 pm

tault_atrapas
tault_atrapas's Reps:
Rawr - Found a pretty decent list. It's old as hell, but it's a list.

http://www.ece.tntech.edu/public/611/Asm86/a86doc.txt

Half way down it's got a complete list along with the syntax and definition.

Posted: February 6th, 2005, 4:35 pm

tault_atrapas
tault_atrapas's Reps:
Post count keeps going up :P

Pretzel or Pickle take a look at 5050A0 and the preceeding lines. I really think it's my lack of ASM knowledge that's killing me here and not knowing how to either bridge or negate the check, but both the jne and mov lock me up everytime I screw with them and then try to harvest.

Also pretzel, how well do you understand ASM? Is this something that I should be putting some time into learning or do you just know the more common work-arounds depending on the needed fix? I looked at some of the offsets that you posted both before and after, trying to get a feel for what I needed in certain situations and I can't figure out why you used some of what you used. They work, so it's obviously correct, but I just want to be able to follow your line of reasoning.

Posted: February 6th, 2005, 6:11 pm

tault_pickled
tault_pickled's Reps:
http://www.ghu.as.ro/

This site has great tutorials on everything :)

Including VISUAL tutorials on T-Search using offsets and stuff - woot.

Posted: February 7th, 2005, 3:14 am

Tault_pretzel

Active User > 50 Posts
All i know of ASM is what I learned while working with EQ1.. I understand enough to break things, thats about it.. and I don't know as much about it as it may seem either.. I figure things out just like your trying.. narrow it down then to trial and error. :)

I'll take a look at that offset when I get home tonight

Posted: February 8th, 2005, 9:33 pm

tault_macross33
tault_macross33's Reps:
Your directions seem simple enough to do. So let me clarify real quick. I do what you said with a memhack app, and I can do the following?

camp: 4919EF 0F84 90E9
~camp at any time, even when running
dont take fall damage: 4E6FA1 0F 84 90 E9
~can be done even before I fall?
EB: 444687 74 2E 90 90
~not sure about this one
no blur: 431A57 0F 84 90 E9
~see clearly underwater?
merch distance check: 5B6990 56 C3
~use a merchant from anyplace in zone (assuming I have his window open)
broker distance check: 5B09B0 56 C3
~use a broker from anyplace in zone (assuming I have his window open)
banker distance check: 50C310 56 C3
~use a banker from anyplace in zone (assuming I have his window open)

if i am close to correct, then I thank you VERY much. Kick !@#$%^&*!

Posted: February 9th, 2005, 5:10 am

tault_prowling1
tault_prowling1's Reps:
Is there an offset that make you not take dmg from the fordge? Or any dmg while crafting?

-Prowling1

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online