taultunleashed logoEQ2 Macros: MegaBot v2.8 - Buff Bot AND HUNTER BOT! Discussi : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions - Page 12
newtopic  postreply
 [ 233 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
blue large dot

EQ2 Macros: MegaBot v2.8 - Buff Bot AND HUNTER BOT! Discussi : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions - Page 12

Posted: December 21st, 2005, 2:49 pm

malar1
malar1's Reps:
Thanks Wyvernx !

Posted: December 23rd, 2005, 1:48 am

big miggen 2
big miggen 2's Reps:
Hi Richy, got it all set up right and these are the last lines of the log, no errors before it

12/23/2005 4:37:32 AM: --> MinGreen=10
12/23/2005 4:37:32 AM: --> MinBlue=5
12/23/2005 4:37:32 AM: --> MaxYellow=5
12/23/2005 4:37:32 AM: --> MaxOrange=10
12/23/2005 4:37:32 AM: Opening CHAT Logfile for input: <c:\Sony\Everquest II\logs\Blackburrow\eq2log_MyName.txt>
12/23/2005 4:37:32 AM: ** ERROR: Can't Open Chat Log - please verify that you have turned on logging in game at least once to create file with /log command
12/23/2005 4:37:34 AM: *** Script Complete!

I have logging on and this is my what i got set in the ini for eq2 directory

; YOUR EQ2 Directory - always have trailing \
EQ2Dir=c:\Sony\Everquest II\

i see 2 log files for this character, here are the paths

C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II\logs
C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II\logs\Blackburrow

Not sure why there are 2, seems like it uses them both at random times

any suggestions would be appreciated

thanks

Posted: December 23rd, 2005, 11:24 am

big miggen 2
big miggen 2's Reps:
Nevermind, brain fart, im a dumb !@#$%^&*

program files derr

Posted: December 27th, 2005, 7:03 am

jimjim2
jimjim2's Reps:
could use a hint how to get single target buffs recasted once they run out problem is i dont want buff bot to cast sow when it should rather heal :P

wonder if it ques it and has high priority in healing, havent fully tested tho

good work sofar

Posted: December 27th, 2005, 7:19 am

loraik
loraik's Reps:
You put your timed buffs here "BuffSequenceSTR=" and set the recast time to reflect when the buff will wear off, and if you want to get fancy you could set your "ResponseSequenceSTR=" to cast your buffs when dispelled BUT you will have to weed thru and see what the debuff msg. is for the buff and ensure that you have that text on so it will go to your log.

(!empty($user->lang['QUOTE'])) ? $user->lang['QUOTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'QUOTE'))):
wonder if it ques it and has high priority in healing, havent fully tested tho

Not real sure what your saying here...

Loraik

Posted: December 27th, 2005, 7:33 am

jimjim2
jimjim2's Reps:
Thanks loraik i didnt see the forest bc of too many trees ;-)

The other thing was e.g. sow runs out "ResponseSequenceSTR=" catches it and goes for SoWing the whole group midfight which is a sad idea when it should rather be healing so i wasnt sure if the script prefers to heal or to do what "ResponseSequenceSTR=" tells it.

Posted: December 27th, 2005, 7:42 am

loraik
loraik's Reps:
Ok I think I understand what your saying..

What goes in "ResponseSequenceSTR=" are things that can be cast anytime regardless of in a fight or not so you have to word your trigger accordingly. Most times (using SoW as an example) people will not be asking for SOW mid fight.

As the example is shown in the SampleChar.ini file:

ResponseSequenceSTR=SOW Please,qb5,SOW Request,1,4s,15s

Someone would actually have to say "SOW Please" for it to SoW mid fight. I am not sure why someone would do this or if your trying to setup a bot group. It has been my experience that people ask for SoW after a fight or at a time the group is being setup.

In what circumstances are you running into the problem if you don't mind me asking?

Loraik

Posted: December 27th, 2005, 1:50 pm

daumer2
daumer2's Reps:
I was wondering if anybody had seen this issue before, or had any suggestions where to look to try to identify the problem:

Just within the past couple of days, I started having a problem where my BUFFBOT would not respond to some of my MASTER commands. Some would work, some wouldn't. I've tried running on various computers and with a couple different versions of UltraBot and MegaBot, with the same results.

It's kinda odd, because the commands I've identified under ResponseSequenceSTR and CombatResponseSequenceSTR with MASTER as the target work fine. The standard responses like AssistMeSTR and FollowMeSTR and BuffMeSTR don't work at all. In the log file, I can see those commands being ignored with a "IGNORING Request because not a VALID MASTER" entry following the command match. The name of my master is listed correctly (although, I've occasionally found a TmpMaster Final entry where the case of the name is changed to all lower case...hmmm)

I can't figure out why it's not recognizing my MASTER toon as a valid MASTER for those commands, when the same command works fine when under the response string setup, with MASTER as a target.

Any suggestions/ideas?

EDIT...After playing around with thoe preset commands some more, I'm even more confused. Some of the preset command string actualy do work...the StatusSTR, StandDownSTR, and FightBackSTR work, none of the others do. Why would some recognize the master and not the others???

Posted: December 28th, 2005, 5:45 am

loraik
loraik's Reps:
I will check mine at lunch to see if it is reacting right, I know for a fact my "FollowMeSTR=", "StopFollowingSTR=", "HealYourselfSTR=" & "HealMeSTR=" are working for me in Ultrabot 1.0 & Megabot 2.9beta2 (I use those cmds constantly) but I will verify if they are working in Megabot 2.8. Question, are you making sure you type the exact same way it is in the .ini (i.e. "heal me now" your not typing "Heal Me Now")?

I have changed all my presets to custom text, all lower case.

Like I said I will double check this on my systems at lunch.

ALSO like I mentioned above I am using Megabot 2.9beta2, Rich has totally !@#$%^&* how the buffbot heals and responds to group members low on health while it is in combat mode and let me just say WOW, he has added functions to really tweak the buffbot good and now will interrupt himself to heal if in the middle of casting combat. He has also changed the way the buffbot follows the offensive bot and receives cmds and added a new way of dealing with the /log file to make it less detectable while setting up. Plus a lot more, he should be posting it any day.

Loraik

Posted: December 28th, 2005, 7:13 am

danabug
danabug's Reps:
Do we know how much longer until he is going to release the next version? I wouldn't mind getting a copy of the beta because I mess around with it alot and would like to be able to check it out and let him know what issues I'm having with it. Right now I'm using 2.7 for buffbot with fight back turned off so he just primarily heals. Very efficient but I like how the bot use to fight but now I dont like how the new bots run up to engage the mob. I would like to be able to toggle whether or not to engage in close combat or to stay at a distance. I also would like to see if the follow command could be toggled of or on. Currently with that auto follow cmd my bot will follow anyone in my group for no rhyme or reason and will even start talking to them. Ultrabot seems to work well if your a tanking class but casters will still run in to engage the mob even if you have them set to stop. Also could there be an option to let you configure how long he will sit idle before he logs out. Ive found the idle timer and manually changed it but if you could put it in the ini it would be easier for people who are'nt very computer literate. Thanks for your time and can't wait to see the next version.

Danabug

Posted: December 28th, 2005, 7:23 am

loraik
loraik's Reps:
He has addressed all your points with exception to the idle timer which I have brought up to him and think he will be adding in the next go around. I don't want to release his unfinished code without his approval so I will let him know people are interested and to post it right away.

What kinda sucks though is with his revamps there doesn't appear to be anyway to get his megabot 2.9 to follow the current Ultrabot in buffbot mode because of his hanges to how it issues orders to the buffbot. I am still trying to work that out though.

Loraik

Posted: December 28th, 2005, 7:43 am

daumer2
daumer2's Reps:
Thanks, Loraik. The beta sounds sweet. I can't wait to try it out.

I went over the strings several times, and even re-created the player.ini again from the default template and left out a lot of my custom response strings. I had configured the bots to do HO's using the response strings, and thought maybe I had configured too many things for the bot to look for.

I'm going to set it up with two of my other toons, to see if it carries over. I know it followed this toon even when I switched computers, so I don't think it's system related.

My suspicion is that the case of the toon's name changes somewhere for some reason. I've seen a few entries in the log where the case gets reversed temporarily. Maybe I'm off base. The BUFFBOT is having trouble finding itself now, and stops the script every once in a while with a log entry that it can't locate the Player.

Posted: December 28th, 2005, 10:41 am

daumer2
daumer2's Reps:
Looks like I got my problem straightened out. I re-installed all of the EQ2 services for XUnleashed, and everything's working fine now.

Something must have gotten hosed up somewhere along the line.

Posted: December 31st, 2005, 6:05 am

tault_steven20
tault_steven20's Reps:
Hi,
ive been using this for my templar and it works great :)
Today i decided to try it on my bard and for some reason after buffing it up it stays in recovery mode ive changed the health to 0 but it wont work with him i also removed buff sequence to see if that would work.
ive noticed in command box it says -1 (invalid)
im using 2.8
any help would be really appreciated :)
here is part of my log

--->Health: 100 - bardsname
31/12/2005 13:44:53: --->Health: -1 - <INVALID>
31/12/2005 13:44:53: <INVALID> - Health: -1 is <=0, so either they are dead or zoned, so we need to drop them from the list
31/12/2005 13:44:56: Power: -1 - <INVALID> - NOT READY - need: 50
31/12/2005 13:44:57: Need before we will fight again Health/Power= 75% / 75% - GroupPower: False
31/12/2005 13:44:57: DoNextSequence[BuffSequence] is not active yet
31/12/2005 13:44:57: ** Your Health/Power= 100% / 100% - Monster Health = 0% - Pet Health - 100%
31/12/2005 13:47:19: GetLocation(-2394,-563) Mob: [NO TARGET](0,0) Lvl: 0 Health: 0 Dist: -1.0 Diff: 0
31/12/2005 13:47:20: --->Health: 100 - bardsname
31/12/2005 13:47:20: --->Health: 100 - a darkclaw crab
31/12/2005 13:47:21: Power: 100 - a darkclaw crab - ** READY **
31/12/2005 13:47:21: Need before we will fight again Health/Power= 75% / 75% - GroupPower: True
31/12/2005 13:47:21: DoNextSequence[BuffSequence] is not active yet
31/12/2005 13:47:22: ** Your Health/Power= 100% / 100% - Monster Health = 0% - Pet Health - 100%
31/12/2005 13:47:22: PauseWithCheckForAdd(1 seconds)
31/12/2005 13:47:23: ** Your Health/Power= 100% / 100% - Monster Health = 0% - Pet Health - 100%

Posted: December 31st, 2005, 12:49 pm

bitflux6
bitflux6's Reps:
check your recast timers on the before combat buff sequences and initial combat pull spell, if they are too large i think it will wait for it to refresh before it pulls

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online