taultunleashed logoEQ2 Macros: MegaBot v2.8 - Buff Bot AND HUNTER BOT! Discussi : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions - Page 14
newtopic  postreply
 [ 233 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
blue large dot

EQ2 Macros: MegaBot v2.8 - Buff Bot AND HUNTER BOT! Discussi : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions - Page 14

Posted: January 15th, 2006, 1:16 pm

markjohnson
markjohnson's Reps:
have you installed eq2service. it is required for any of these eq2 scripts to work.

edit the samplechar.ini file and configure every line one by one. most are predefined but a lot of them have to be changed to work for your character.

then run it for testing. make sure you are in a zone that is green to you for testing.

also double and triple chech your key configurations in set up and manually test them in the game to make sure they do what you want them to.

that should get you going. also post your errors so we can better help you. and maybe a little descreiption of what happens just before the error occurs.

Good Luck.

Posted: January 16th, 2006, 4:31 pm

tuchez

Total Posts: 12
tuchez's Reps: 0
is this still working ?

bcse its a really old script . . .

or ?

Posted: January 16th, 2006, 5:26 pm

tuchez

Total Posts: 12
tuchez's Reps: 0
Ok
XU Installed
XU Updated
EQ2 Service Downloaded and Installed
Eq2 2.8 BOT downloaded and extracted into scripts folder.
run eq2 throught xu
im in game now
xu tab, open script, select eq2megabot . . .
press start . .

nothing happens . . .

yes, i edited both files
but nothing works here :(

what am doing wrong ?

Posted: January 17th, 2006, 4:31 am

loraik
loraik's Reps:
What does your log file say in your scripts dir? It would list the error OR when you say nothing happens does it not even say "All Scripts Stopped"?

Did you edit the other .ini file and add the name of your char.ini file?

Loraik

Posted: January 17th, 2006, 3:22 pm

monk37887
monk37887's Reps:
Anybody know what's up with this? I've text searched all files under XU dir a few times to see what's doing it but never actually found it.

Unknown command: 'target-previous'

I've got a target-previous command set, both in script & in eq2 options. It's *really* annoying, as it appears the bot uses this *instead* of the command key set, and so never actually is able to target previous.

Posted: January 20th, 2006, 7:57 pm

nocildez
nocildez's Reps:
I am pretty new too useing xunleshed and I have been useing megabot 2.8 for a few weeks now. I got it working great but I just cant get it too loot treasure chests. Looking under the bug tracker I did find the fix for the problem but I cant seem too get it too work.

Where you had this:
n = oEQ2Service.MobName(spawnID)
health = oEQ2Service.MobHealth(spawnID)

Add after:
if instr(n,"treasure chest") > 0) then
n = "a treasure chest"
health = 0
end if

I assume you make this change under the Baselib script but when I make the change I cant get the scripts too run in EQ. Its also not posting anything under the log. Would somebody plz post what my baselib script should look like after makeing this change. I am sure I am not doing it right.

Thanks

Posted: January 23rd, 2006, 4:54 am

loraik
loraik's Reps:
Nocildez I will send Richy a email and ask him if he updated 2.8 with the chest loot fix, I have been using his beta version for awhile now and it works so I will check up on this.

Monk37887 have you setup this:

; Target Previous Mob - if not set, will not use it, but less intelligence in targeting
; Found under -> Options/Controls/Targeting Keys/Select Previous Target
TargetPreviousSTR=

Make sure that none of the cmds in your EQ2 options are double up sometimes this happens. Also is this issue causing the script to crash or is it looping or what is happening exactly?

Loraik

Posted: January 23rd, 2006, 12:53 pm

monk37887
monk37887's Reps:
loraik (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Monk37887 have you setup this:

; Target Previous Mob - if not set, will not use it, but less intelligence in targeting
; Found under -> Options/Controls/Targeting Keys/Select Previous Target
TargetPreviousSTR=

Make sure that none of the cmds in your EQ2 options are double up sometimes this happens. Also is this issue causing the script to crash or is it looping or what is happening exactly?

Loraik

Yeah, set to 'z' at the moment, and I don't see z duped as a command key anywhere. The script continues to run, but it spams the error msg I mentioned several times (instead of using the set command [z]), wasting time, invariably leading to the bot falling behind in attacks/heals. Plus, of course, never targetting the correct previous mob (sincere !@#$%^&* in situations where the bot ends up with more than 1 mob to deal with).

I've text searched several times in the entire XU dir to see if I could find where exactly the "/target-previous" command is coming from, but not finding it leads me to assume it's part of XU -- which I don't understand. Why would XU have some hardcoded *wrong* command? Sometimes it does /target_previous (which is an actual eq2 command, and works), and sometimes bizarro combos of case (/target_prevIOUS and other similar wack !@#$%^&*).

Posted: January 24th, 2006, 7:45 am

loraik
loraik's Reps:
I don't think it is a hard coded "wrong" cmd as I never had this issue running 2.8 and I would think others would have mentioned it before if they were having similar probs.... Try pulling down Ultrabot 2.0 and setting it up, it is based off of Megabot 2.8 code lets see if you have the same issue with it.

Loraik

Posted: January 24th, 2006, 1:33 pm

monk37887
monk37887's Reps:
Yeah, I didn't really mean that, just saying I'd put some effort into finding out where it came from. Possible I've mangled the config file in some way by now too. I'm pretty sure I had the same prob in ultrabot, but I can't swear to it. I'll try some more stuff.

Posted: January 24th, 2006, 3:10 pm

loraik
loraik's Reps:
If you are indeed having the same problem then I would have to think the issue lies in your system and XU not getting along together right. Are you using AMD CPU and if so do you have the correct settings for an AMD setup?

Loraik

Posted: January 24th, 2006, 7:33 pm

markjohnson
markjohnson's Reps:
I am also getting this error (target-previous). I get it in buffbot mode as healer all the time. it really messes me up as it targets previous and then errors and then targets next to get back and moves away from my healing target and ends up healing wrong target. it takes 2 or 3 heals before it actually heals the right person.

Posted: February 2nd, 2006, 2:39 pm

nocildez
nocildez's Reps:
Megabot is not working for me since LU19. My buffbot can be standing next too my Tank and I am getting message that the tank too far away.

2/2/2006 4:30:45 PM: RandomNum() - Jump - (1-3) = 2
2/2/2006 4:30:45 PM: ** Your Health/Power= 58% / -268% - Monster Health = 0% - Pet Health - 100%
2/2/2006 4:30:46 PM: GetLocation(-155,-56) Mob: [NO TARGET](0,0) Lvl: 0 Health: 0 Dist: -1.0 Diff: 0
2/2/2006 4:30:47 PM: DisToTarget=290,740,745,568,081,000,000,000,000.0
2/2/2006 4:30:47 PM: ** STUCK: In the past 2.140625 seconds we haven't moved at least 20% so we might be stuck, so turn or jump (0 vs. 2.56875)
2/2/2006 4:30:47 PM: RandomNum() - TurnAngle - (1-2) = 2
2/2/2006 4:30:47 PM: Stuck - TURN LEFT

Anyone know how too fix this?

Just tried a hunter bot and its not working also seems like megabot is not getting any ingame info.

Posted: February 2nd, 2006, 4:20 pm

ohtrout
ohtrout's Reps:
I think megabot needs to be !@#$%^&* after LU 19 because all of my bots aren't working properly.

One bot gets stuck in recover mode and won't progress even with full power and health.

Another bot can't find any close mobs.

Don't know whats up, anyone?

Posted: February 2nd, 2006, 4:32 pm

bobyzl
bobyzl's Reps:
I am having the same problem, I am assuming it is related to Wyvern's EQ2 Servicer. It generally breaks MegaBot after large updates.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online