taultunleashed logoEq2 Radar AMD fix [Fixed!] : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions - Page 2
newtopic  postreply
 [ 155 posts ]  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
blue large dot

Eq2 Radar AMD fix [Fixed!] : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions - Page 2

Posted: April 12th, 2005, 5:39 am

kramerdk
kramerdk's Reps:
http://www.xunleashed.com/viewtopic.php ... ight=radar

This forum is open to everyone. Doing a search for Radar turned up a lot of information. So no, you were not excluded from findout out about the problem with the radar. Additionally:

http://www.xunleashed.com/dload.php?act ... ile_id=118

Both of those discuss the issue the AMD and radar problem.

"and by the time any good exploit info gets here its nerfed.. "

So quit trying to use nerfs.

jabst1922:

No I am not a sad person. If I cared what you thought about me, that would be sad. I am merely pointing out that people did not pay for the "RADAR" functionality of xunleashed. They paid for the software. Additionally, the site is more than willing to refund money if you are unhappy with it. I am just sick of every other tread asking Wyx to fix the AMD bug. Like he doesn't know that it's there. I am sure it is very frustrating for him not to be able to figure it out. 'Nuf said. As for my credibility, those two statements were not but merely a statement concerning the way in which people are complaining, and especially the false advertising complaint. Come on.. get a grip.

I am sure I will have more later.. :)

Posted: April 12th, 2005, 6:18 am

nyrine
nyrine's Reps:
I have plenty of time and an AMD64 - if you can include the source of the DLL I can take a look at it also.

12 years of commercial programming experience - I know how to use a debugger =P

Posted: April 12th, 2005, 7:04 am

redman
redman's Reps:
Here are the important questions...

Q: Is Wyv aware that there is a problem with the radar?
A: Yes, of course he is

Q: Has Wyv stated that he is working on it as time permits?
A: Yes he has, it's all over the radar thread

Q: Does $25/year give anyone the right to !@#$%^&*, moan, or complain.
A: NOOO! For this kind of work the hourly rate for a consultant would be $125+/hr so basically assuming that everything else came free, you could ask Wyv to do 12 minutes work. Then you get to wait until next year.

Q: Is Wyv even getting paid for this work or does the $25 go towards supporting the site and the "admin" guy.
A: I dunno... interresting question. I had assumed he was being paid. Not actually sure.

Q: Is the source code available to allow the folks with AMDs to fix this themselves?
A: Wyv said he was making it available. I dunno how the heck you all expect Wyv to fix this if he an intel user anyways. He's still trying anyways.

Q: Is there any point to ANY of the "WTF?? Teh radar borkened 4 AMD!!" threads OTHER than the stickied radar thread?
A: No!!! If folks read the radar thread they'd see that the discussion is current, up to date, and answers the questions asked by folks in these threads. The only point of these threads is whiners that feel the need "to be heard" and figgure that they are too good for page 12 of the radar thread.

IF you have an AMD processor you have 2 choices:
1 - Grab the source code and fix it for yourself and the community.
2 - STFU and wait for Wyv or someone else smarter than you to fix it.

I come from the MQ community from my EQ1 days. I'm frankly blown away with how great this stuff is for $25. Autoupdating main program, maintained autoupdating scripts and the lot. Kudos to the devs getting this all set up. Boos to those with attitudes of entitlement that somehow think that $25/year should get them everything done RFN and handed to them on a silver platter.

Certainly the radar problem with AMD is a serious issue. It's being worked on as best it can. Anyone who knows anything about this kind of problem knows that fixing this bug will be 98% investigation, 2% fix. This makes ETA's impossible. Once the actual problem is nailed down, the fix will be simple.

Chill!

RedMan

Posted: April 12th, 2005, 8:01 am

jabst192

Total Posts: 17
jabst192's Reps: 0
premium
kramerdk";p="61424 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
http://www.xunleashed.com/viewtopic.php ... ight=radar

This forum is open to everyone. Doing a search for Radar turned up a lot of information. So no, you were not excluded from findout out about the problem with the radar. Additionally:

http://www.xunleashed.com/dload.php?act ... ile_id=118

Both of those discuss the issue the AMD and radar problem.

"and by the time any good exploit info gets here its nerfed.. "

So quit trying to use nerfs.

jabst1922:

No I am not a sad person. If I cared what you thought about me, that would be sad. I am merely pointing out that people did not pay for the "RADAR" functionality of xunleashed. They paid for the software. Additionally, the site is more than willing to refund money if you are unhappy with it. I am just sick of every other tread asking Wyx to fix the AMD bug. Like he doesn't know that it's there. I am sure it is very frustrating for him not to be able to figure it out. 'Nuf said. As for my credibility, those two statements were not but merely a statement concerning the way in which people are complaining, and especially the false advertising complaint. Come on.. get a grip.

I am sure I will have more later.. :)

People will always complain cause that's what people do, it's super that you stereotype people complaining as being like women, or whining like your 1 yr old (which i personally hope you don't actually have but that's neither here nor there)

As soon as the source is included with the download i'm sure there will be quite a few of us looking for this bug, so we're bound to find something.

Posted: April 12th, 2005, 8:09 am

kramerdk
kramerdk's Reps:
People will always complain cause that's what people do, it's super that you stereotype people complaining as being like women, or whining like your 1 yr old (which i personally hope you don't actually have but that's neither here nor there)

jabst192:
Yes, it was a sterotype. Great of you to notice. Your f'ing brilliant. Yes, I have a 1 yr old and she does not complain near as much. I was referring to the complaining because of the numerous threads that have already been started that have enough complaints in them to kill a cow.

I was at no time attacking you, unless you were one of the complainers. So back the f' up off me. It was a comment. If you want to continue to make comments about me having or not having a child, we can make it personal.

Posted: April 12th, 2005, 9:32 am

simucal
simucal's Reps:
We payed for a product and a service, and we expect it to work after we pay for it. The AMD Radar bug has been a known issue for awhile now and it should be fixed. This isnt directed towards Wyv but to Xunleashed as a whole.

Basically, yes. Enough people have been waiting on this issue to the point where all of our $25 dollars should start to matter. It should matter if it was even 1 person. Whether you pay $1 dollar for a product or $1000 you expect its features to work. Even if it is an on going project you expect some progess to be made towards fixing it.

It has been a couple months now and a lot of us would like to see it get fixed. Here are just a few of the users who would like to see this fixed:

palamedes, sheepshagger, eacable, joreallean, bukholt, kenshiro, sargothian, sliverr, mortedamour, krytical, jager_meister, dayhok, goat6574, mutter, sinshar, altus1, antiliphe, jabst192, psirusmojo, bundey, tazman076, octaveus, simucal.

So, that is $575 right there, and there are undoubtably others. I dont find it unreasonable to ask in a post for this to be worked on. No one that flamed people on this post have had troubles with THEIR radar, so please stay out of our post.

Posted: April 12th, 2005, 9:40 am

kramerdk
kramerdk's Reps:
We payed for a product and a service, and we expect it to work after we pay for it. The AMD Radar bug has been a known issue for awhile now and it should be fixed. This isnt directed towards Wyv but to Xunleashed as a whole.

If you don't like it ask for a refund!

Basically, yes. Enough people have been waiting on this issue to the point where all of our $25 dollars should start to matter. It should matter if it was even 1 person. Whether you pay $1 dollar for a product or $1000 you expect its features to work. Even if it is an on going project you expect some progess to be made towards fixing it.

If you knew anything about software, you would know that there are bugs and problems with it. Those take to resolve. $25 is nothing in terms of software. Go !@#$%^&* @ Microsoft. Your spent more than $100 on it and it has bugs and more problems than this. And it is more than likely the problem with the radar! 2-3 months is no time in terms of fixing bugs!

"So, that is $575 right there, and there are undoubtably others. I dont find it unreasonable to ask in a post for this to be worked on. No one that flamed people on this post have had troubles with THEIR radar, so please stay out of our post."

Actually, I have do have an AMD and cannot use the radar, and I am telling you to quit f'ing !@#$%^&*! BUT I knew about the problem before I purchased the software. If you are that dissatified with the software, ASK for your money back! Great you can add sums of money!

"It has been a couple months now and a lot of us would like to see it get fixed. Here are just a few of the users who would like to see this fixed: "

If your such a brilliant person and know how to program then fix it yourself! Until then, Wyx knows about the problem. As the software merely costs $25 I am sure that this is not his only job and is therefore a hobby, so he will get to it when he gets time!

Posted: April 12th, 2005, 9:43 am

redman
redman's Reps:
This whole thread is out of line.

"Stay out of our post" PFFFT! Get yer butt back into the STICKIED radar post. It contains all the answers you are going to get until the day that Wyv posts that it's fixed.

There's a reason why the post is sticked.... to prevent all these new threads.

Did you even read that post? How about just the last page or two??? The AMD radar issue has not been abandoned.. it's a work in progress. What more can you ask for thats reasonable?

RedMan

Posted: April 12th, 2005, 9:50 am

octaveus
octaveus's Reps:
I dont see how this thread is out of line, just because there is a stickied Radar post. If people have specific issues with a script or macro they should start a new thread and discuss it with the admins/wyv in that new thread. I'm glad to see the AMD people in this thread.

I dont really see how you are helping anything redman.

Posted: April 12th, 2005, 9:52 am

kramerdk
kramerdk's Reps:
And what have you contributed to the conversation octaveus?

There is a sticky radar for that one reason.

Posted: April 12th, 2005, 10:00 am

simucal
simucal's Reps:
This all is stupid. There are 20 posts on having people get help with their "harvest bot" issues and the dont have people like kramer or redman flaming them.

Some of us want this issue resolved and we want a place to post about it and discuss this particular radar issue seperate of the other known issues.

Posted: April 12th, 2005, 10:03 am

kramerdk
kramerdk's Reps:
Then move it to the correct post.

The harvest bot problem is a legitimate complaint. Sony broke that! But that is a simple fix. Not an issue specific to one type of processory that only has a 10% market penetration.

Were not flaming, just telling you to quit f'ing complaining about something that is beyond Wyx. control!

Posted: April 12th, 2005, 10:08 am

simucal
simucal's Reps:
I am actually glad that this forum has gotten so much attention :). Maybe that will put the problem on the forefront.

Posted: April 12th, 2005, 10:13 am

kramerdk
kramerdk's Reps:
Doubt it. I hope it makes Wyx. stop working on it and hold it for a while. That way those who appreicate the work he does can continue to listen to those of you who have no understanding of what it takes to write code !@#$%^&* about the lack of support for a completely FREE product!

Posted: April 12th, 2005, 10:16 am

simucal
simucal's Reps:
Without the 3 or so plugins XUnleashed would be nothing. One of them doesnt work for a decent amount of people and we would like to see it work. We payed for xunleashed and all we ask for is support for the few plugins it has.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online