taultunleashed logoEq2 Radar AMD fix [Fixed!] : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions - Page 5
newtopic  postreply
 [ 155 posts ]  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
blue large dot

Eq2 Radar AMD fix [Fixed!] : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions - Page 5

Posted: April 13th, 2005, 5:33 pm

sirusdv

Total Posts: 19
sirusdv's Reps: 0
premium
using messagebox API would help track it down too just listing the command before executing it last messagebox before crash would be the troublemaker.

Posted: April 13th, 2005, 5:42 pm

kramerdk
kramerdk's Reps:
If someone wants to mod the code and post a version that steps through the code for me to test, I will dl and get it tested and post my results.

What would be the difficulty in moving from 6.0 to either C# or VB.net? Maybe the handling of errors in that language would be smoother since .Net handles variable easier. Just a questions from an idiot.

Posted: April 13th, 2005, 8:56 pm

krytical
krytical's Reps:
ok i know it may take longer but hey what if you were to instead of fix. the quik transfer'd rader from ff11... make a new one (just basic re-code) for eq2 the same way you made your origonal except it wont take as long as you know the basic idea... then there wouldnt be bugs like this to work out right?

(been up for almost 24 hours plz forgiveem

Posted: April 13th, 2005, 9:14 pm

wyvernx

Total Posts: 6718
wyvernx's Reps: 21
administrator
premium
That is why I put the sources out there. So somebody can help me find the bugs. Or create a new project, whatever is easiest.

Getting sleepy too. :(

Posted: April 13th, 2005, 9:38 pm

simucal
simucal's Reps:
we are close, we just have to comment out lines and test. I will also be downloading VB6 to help out.

Posted: April 14th, 2005, 12:30 am

krytical
krytical's Reps:
hey when you get your "legitamate link" to vb6 can you pm me or something? cause i would be interrested in "purchasing" it also :wink:

thanks

Posted: April 14th, 2005, 4:58 am

jabst1922
jabst1922's Reps:
Wyv,

Any chance we can get the source for eq2map? i have a nasty feeling the problem is in there.

Jabst1922

Posted: April 14th, 2005, 9:21 am

skatkat
skatkat's Reps:
There are good reasons why the complete source shouldn’t be released. If you are at a skill level where you think you can help debug and repair this plugin, but only if you have full access to the source, you are probably not far from the level of being able to write a similar tool on your own. Be thankful that the full source isn’t released for things like this. In the long run, it ensures longevity for this plugin, as well as XUnleashed as a whole.

And I have an AMD if that makes any difference.

Posted: April 14th, 2005, 9:30 am

kramerdk
kramerdk's Reps:
Not sure how I understand how it ensures longevity of the plugin? I am no where near being about to write something of this on my own, but being a pervious IT geek (networking) and knowing a little code and now being in IP, I can read code and follow what it does and what might be a mistake. I think those that were looking for the class map were only trying to help Wyv. get the problem fixed faster. I understand not posting it for the world, but PM to an individual should be fine. I think Wyv has appreciated the help where there has been some rather than the !@#$%^&* about his lack of support.

If it takes the code to get the plugin working, then so be it. I applaude those who are trying to help.

Posted: April 14th, 2005, 10:29 am

jabst1922
jabst1922's Reps:
skatkat";p="61721 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
There are good reasons why the complete source shouldn’t be released. If you are at a skill level where you think you can help debug and repair this plugin, but only if you have full access to the source, you are probably not far from the level of being able to write a similar tool on your own. Be thankful that the full source isn’t released for things like this. In the long run, it ensures longevity for this plugin, as well as XUnleashed as a whole.

And I have an AMD if that makes any difference.

I've combed thru the source we were provided, mostly it is a superficial code segment used to draw the gui (which i believe to be functioning correctly due to the fact you are able to run it in your room or TS without much problem) the problem of crashing when a mob is targeted or being shown says in my experiance that it is a call to one of the methods in eq2map that is failing, without that code i cannot step through it to see where exactly it is failing.

I don't intend on hijacking any of the source ofr a XuJabst1922 edition or anything of that nature, i just want to throw my 7 years (not counting HS ) of coding into the hat and see if we can't make this rabbit pop :)

Posted: April 14th, 2005, 10:30 am

jabst1922
jabst1922's Reps:
PS coding something anew is alot more difficult than debugging IMHO. :wink:

Posted: April 14th, 2005, 5:20 pm

wyvernx

Total Posts: 6718
wyvernx's Reps: 21
administrator
premium
Until somebody tells me which lines to comment out that corrects the problem, I have to assume that nobody has worked on it yet.

The GUI source has everything in it to find the problem. As the error can be traced to a line in that source because an empty plugin works fine.

Posted: April 14th, 2005, 5:59 pm

kramerdk
kramerdk's Reps:
Has anyone created a version of the radar that steps through the code into a log file so we can determine where it crashes? If they don't have a platform to test on, let me know and I will test for ya.

I am still trying to find a version of VB6 to look over the code with. Unfortunantly, at some point in time there may actually be no fix. :cry:

Posted: April 14th, 2005, 6:04 pm

jabst1922
jabst1922's Reps:
i won't be available until at least monday to start helping with that more than looking thru the code.

Posted: April 14th, 2005, 10:33 pm

kramerdk
kramerdk's Reps:
Scratching my head... :?:

Ok, here are my finding from my goofing around with the code. I finally got VB 6.0 from a friend who had the old learning book. WEEE!

Anyway installed VB and opened the code. Just getting to know where things are start searching for particular things like text strings that appear in the check lists. Not in the code anywhere. None of the check mark selections were in the code.

Said ok.. Let's start with what I got. Build this version of the code into a DLL and see what happens. Different version 7 to 11. Oh well. Make backup's of the old DLL and move the new one into place. Even tried setting it to version 7. Load the game no Radar icon in the Xunleashed app within the game. Hmmm.. Put the old one back. It's there. Ok.

Start playing with the check list buttons. They all don't know. Yes I know its still a work in progress. Scratching head at this point. Hmm.. See PC's moving around on the screen. Yeah.. Touch one. Crash.
!@#$%^&*!

HMM. Go back in game.

Can see names of everything including PC and NPC brokers. Thats nice. Touch Broker. Crash. !@#$%^&*. Now why is it that when you crash and leave a char in the game and you get back before your char LD out of the game, you get a popup box with invalid login. Re-enter info. Still can't login, but can drop all the freaking way out and then you can get back in. They need to fix that crap.

So at this point, I can mod the code all I want, but when I build the DLL it is useless to use as I can't load the Radar in the game when using my DLL. So someone comment me up and tell me WTF I am doing wrong.

And it takes a while to read through 26 freaking pages of code.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online