taultunleashed logoEq2 Radar AMD fix [Fixed!] : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions - Page 3
newtopic  postreply
 [ 155 posts ]  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next
blue large dot

Eq2 Radar AMD fix [Fixed!] : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions - Page 3

Posted: April 12th, 2005, 10:20 am

kramerdk
kramerdk's Reps:
Like I have said before, then ask for your money back. The radar would not be possible without his work. And yes, Xunleashed would still be there b/c of the other games that he supports!

That's exactly it, you payed for Xunleashed, not the radar!

Posted: April 12th, 2005, 4:51 pm

sheepshagger
sheepshagger's Reps:
simucal";p="61443 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
It has been a couple months now and a lot of us would like to see it get fixed. Here are just a few of the users who would like to see this fixed:

palamedes, sheepshagger, eacable, joreallean, bukholt, kenshiro, sargothian, sliverr, mortedamour, krytical, jager_meister, dayhok, goat6574, mutter, sinshar, altus1, antiliphe, jabst192, psirusmojo, bundey, tazman076, octaveus, simucal.

So, that is $575 right there, and there are undoubtably others. I dont find it unreasonable to ask in a post for this to be worked on. No one that flamed people on this post have had troubles with THEIR radar, so please stay out of our post.

I would like to state that I would like the Radar fixed, as well as the other AMD bugs. But please don't lump in with the folks who are upset about the money they paid for the product. While I agree that the documentation on web site is rather wanting for a commercial product, I still went into the purchase fully understanding that I was 'renting' a scripting engine with a community that donated scripts for that engine.

I know Wyv produces code for many games as free add-ons for XUnleashed. I'm sure he recieves money for his efforts , but I don't feel I can demand his time to fix scripts he donated, this is one of the issues when dealing with open source software... which he has made it.

I feel I get a fair amount of functionality from the XUnleashed client without any other scripts.. they are just cake for me. Since I don't have the time to crawl the code, I'll patiently wait on someone who is willing to find the issue whether that's Rich, Wyv or another member of the community... and like a leach I'll slap them on the back and gladly use the script they poured their time into for free.

So for all those out there donating code... thank you for your dedication and hard work.

For the 'Admin' your web presence could use a major overhual as a commercial software site.

Posted: April 12th, 2005, 5:36 pm

jabst1922
jabst1922's Reps:
FYI i have a very limited text based radar coming out here tonight or tommorrow, i'll be developing it alot more over the next few days, so you'll have to bear with me.

Richy could you maybe pm me about how to make those neat status windows you have for your buff bot, they would be amazing.

ps Kramer, please dont' use anything i write, ever.

ppss it works on amd :)

Posted: April 12th, 2005, 6:30 pm

wyvernx

Total Posts: 6718
wyvernx's Reps: 21
administrator
premium
Hi guys. I just tested a AMD athlon 3300+ athlon 64 processor computer with

1. EQ2Service installed
2. EQ2Unleashed Radar installed
3. EQ2Crafter installed

Alternate Hooking Checked
Tcpip Packet Sniffer UNCHECKED

The radar came up just fine with no crashes.

Who is still crashing, when, what processor, and what else do you have running (fraps, antivirus, etc)

This was a clean XP Home Edition box with all updates.

Posted: April 12th, 2005, 6:59 pm

jabst1922
jabst1922's Reps:
wyvernx";p="61510 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Hi guys. I just tested a AMD athlon 3300+ athlon 64 processor computer with

1. EQ2Service installed
2. EQ2Unleashed Radar installed
3. EQ2Crafter installed

Alternate Hooking Checked
Tcpip Packet Sniffer UNCHECKED

The radar came up just fine with no crashes.

Who is still crashing, when, what processor, and what else do you have running (fraps, antivirus, etc)

This was a clean XP Home Edition box with all updates.

xp pro all updates, still crashing on load, did you include the source with the download? if so i can step thru it and hopefully find out more

tested on both dual athlon mp's
and a 64 3000+
it's definatly something with the gui, it flashes for just a second then eq2 crashes

i have the packet sniffer unchecked and my version was 3.0.0.7 i believe...is it possible i have an older version?

Last edited by Guest on April 12th, 2005, 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: April 12th, 2005, 7:00 pm

simucal
simucal's Reps:
Thanks a lot for your reply Wyv, I'm glad we can discuss our issues with this script in this thread. I'm opening up the program to test it out right now.

Also, thanks for your effort Jabst1922, you are awesome.

Posted: April 12th, 2005, 7:23 pm

simucal
simucal's Reps:
Ok, when I open the radar I still crash to desktop.

I am running a clean version of Windows XP Pro with all the updates.
I have a AMD 3200+ 64bit processor. The radar comes up for a couple seconds with a window that has a small grid on it, then crashes me to desktop.

I have no anti-virus protection, EQ2 and Xunleashed are the only programs running. Packet filtering is unchecked.

Posted: April 12th, 2005, 7:39 pm

wyvernx

administrator
premium
I'm uploading the sources now (i'll attach to this thread for those that want to play with it.

Ignore the bad coding and comments, as It was a quick copy from the ffxi radar project.

I know it is in this source somewhere. I suggest turning off/commenting out functions and then turn them back on one at a time until ya find the one that is causing the crash.

Ok, attaching...

Posted: April 12th, 2005, 7:43 pm

wyvernx

administrator
premium
eq2unleashed sources for the GUI. Please help me find the bug.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted: April 12th, 2005, 10:07 pm

simucal
simucal's Reps:
Alright, even I can comment each function and test it.

Hopefully if I find it you'll be able to fix it from there :). Time to pirat... err, buy visual basic.

Posted: April 12th, 2005, 10:12 pm

alcor75

Total Posts: 13
alcor75's Reps: 0
Hello, since i'm a ADM user i wish this get fixed.
Since i know almost nothink about Programming ecc i can't help you and i'll wait patiently for a fix.
In the hope you put enfort in it.

All i can do to help is report strange behawor:
I once zoned in a tradeskill instance with the radar active to see if it was fixed, it must be sad that i zoned in directly in the TS instance, btw the radar was there, not showing anithink but myself and the grid all empty, it was muving my pointer when i was muving. as i zoned out of the traskill instance the game crashed.
Not sure if this help but i know half of bug traking is testing and report.
Good work.

Posted: April 12th, 2005, 10:27 pm

simucal
simucal's Reps:
Nice! Microsoft lets you download a free version of Visual Studio 2005 express Beta to test it out for them!

Posted: April 12th, 2005, 10:31 pm

wyvernx

administrator
premium
I dont think you can run vb6 apps with vb2005.net.

alcor75, very interesting. Can you confirm that again? Ie can you go to a TS room (with and without people in it) and see if the radar bombs out again?

It could be very helpful.

Posted: April 12th, 2005, 11:14 pm

simucal
simucal's Reps:
I just confirmed this!! I had never run radar in a TS instance but I just did and it works! I see the grid with the arrow and I can run around!

Posted: April 12th, 2005, 11:19 pm

simucal
simucal's Reps:
I zoomed WAYYY in, and I could see the names of engraving desk, and woodworking station.. they are all like right next to eachother in a couple squares, very jumbled.

A few things I have noticed... even though I have PC names selected, it only shows they level on the map. I dont know if this has somethign to do with the problem, i can not get PC names to come up. NPC names come up fine. The only way I can get player names to come up on the map is if I click on them

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online