taultunleashed logoEq2 Radar AMD fix [Fixed!] : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 155 posts ]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
blue large dot

Eq2 Radar AMD fix [Fixed!] : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions

Posted: April 10th, 2005, 1:57 pm

simucal
simucal's Reps:
I know several members, myself included, signed up for the radar after seeing screenshots posted on the main page. That is what we payed our money for. Then to our dissapointment it doesnt work with a large portion of computers on the market today (AMD). This was not mentioned anywhere on the front page before we subscribed and if it was I would not have subscribed. If you could please take the time for your customers and fix the radar so it works for AMD processors, it would be much appreciated.

Last edited by Guest on April 20th, 2005, 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: April 10th, 2005, 6:21 pm

krytical
krytical's Reps:
as i 100% agree that it should be on the front page or somewhere in plain sight that it does not work... and agree that fixing that and other programs promised should be prioirty #1

there is a 7 day period where if you arent happy just get ur money back (it is 7 days right? ) anyway.. im not too happy about the radar... but im not going to cancell my subscription because of it... i just wish that if he/they cant fix it themselfs mayb they could let us help in some way by doing tests on different types of amd processors and giving him logs or something... cause as of right now i have seen NO progress on the amd fix...

Posted: April 10th, 2005, 7:24 pm

wyvernx

Total Posts: 6718
wyvernx's Reps: 21
administrator
premium
It is in the EQ2Radar GUI. Those sources are included. Perhaps somebody can help me find the bug?

Posted: April 10th, 2005, 8:40 pm

stormsilverhand
stormsilverhand's Reps:
Poor Wyv....

I feel for ya bro. As others have stated as do I here again. Tell me what you are looking for and I will do what I can. I downloaded visual studio 2005 beta 1 just to be able to debug things. I don't know what the hell I am looking at but at least I have some tools to start out.

Posted: April 10th, 2005, 10:49 pm

wyvernx

administrator
premium
Ya have to have vb6 to open it up.

Posted: April 11th, 2005, 7:09 am

jabst1922
jabst1922's Reps:
wyv, the gui files are included iwth the download? a full source code would be much more helpful, but will start working on it tonight

Posted: April 11th, 2005, 7:14 am

jabst1922
jabst1922's Reps:
all i'm seeing is the dll, an xml files and the icon, no sort of vb project to open, did you post the source somewhere that i may have missed?

Posted: April 11th, 2005, 8:18 am

wyvernx

administrator
premium
ack, no I forgot to add it. I'll update it here in a bit.

Posted: April 11th, 2005, 3:18 pm

jabst192

Total Posts: 17
jabst192's Reps: 0
premium
did you update it yet/?? i'm itchin to get my hands on this thing

Posted: April 11th, 2005, 3:53 pm

sheepshagger
sheepshagger's Reps:
I thought you bought the XUnleashed client. The radar is something a user donated along with his source code. While I use an AMD chip, and don't have the time to look at the code, I understand that harassing the author isn't going to endear him to fix it for us.

Posted: April 11th, 2005, 4:25 pm

jabst192

Total Posts: 17
jabst192's Reps: 0
premium
sheepshagger";p="61353 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
I thought you bought the XUnleashed client. The radar is something a user donated along with his source code. While I use an AMD chip, and don't have the time to look at the code, I understand that harassing the author isn't going to endear him to fix it for us.

who's harassing who? me?

Posted: April 11th, 2005, 5:52 pm

krytical
krytical's Reps:
sheepshagger";p="61353 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):

if the radar is included in the sales pitch it is made available or its false advertising plain and simple there is nothing that says known bugs or doesnt work with all computers... and nobody was harassing the author... we were posting our feelings about the issue...

Posted: April 11th, 2005, 7:27 pm

kramerdk
kramerdk's Reps:
(!empty($user->lang['QUOTE'])) ? $user->lang['QUOTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'QUOTE'))):
if the radar is included in the sales pitch it is made available or its false advertising plain and simple there is nothing that says known bugs or doesnt work with all computers... and nobody was harassing the author... we were posting our feelings about the issue...

Well your feelings are truly irrelevant to the situation. I too have an AMD processor, but I knew well in advance before I bought the product that the radar was not working with AMD processor, and that Wyx. was going to fix it when he had time and if he could figure it out.

If you had taken the time to do adequate research before you bought the product then you would not have been surprised. These boards are open to anyone and everyone even if they have not purchased to software. Therefore you are not entitled to !@#$%^&* and complain about the software. Additionally, the radar is merely an add-on to an already great product. Would I like to see the radar working now? Yes. But there are many other uses for the software other than the radar. Look @ all the various games that he is trying to write programs for and support. We are but one of many. Shut the hell up. Damn! Like a bunch of whiney !@#$%^&* children. My 1 yr. old doesn’t wine this much.

False advertising is the least of what this is. It is more your poor attempt to !@#$%^&*, moan and complain like a female. Like Wyx. said you are more than welcome to look @ the source code and figure it out for your damn self. And guess what, if you can I am sure he will give you a life-time membership. There, now you have an incentive to do something other than !@#$%^&*, moan and complain. Like he has said in his previous posts, if and when he can figure out the problem, guess what, HE WILL!!!!

Finally, do your research before you buy something. If you fail to do so, don’t blame it on others. Be a grown up.

Wyx. Thanks for making a truly great product. Keep up the good work, and ignore the haters.

--U

Posted: April 11th, 2005, 8:33 pm

jabst1922
jabst1922's Reps:
. We are but one of many. Shut the hell up. Damn! Like a bunch of whiney !@#$%^&* children. My 1 yr. old doesn’t wine this much.

False advertising is the least of what this is. It is more your poor attempt to !@#$%^&*, moan and complain like a female.

you lost all credibility with those 2 statements in my book. Your a very sad person.

Posted: April 11th, 2005, 10:36 pm

krytical
krytical's Reps:
seriously.. who is a hater? i dont hate anyone.. but the threads partaining to the radar are NOT open to everyone... you must pay for access in order to get access to the macros and scripts section.. and guess what.. thats where u find out its broke... so you need to stop giving orders and stfu.... seriously.. the radar being broke is not some HUGE life stopping thing... but its still not what would be expected... i can undertand that it may not be easy to fix.. but put it somewhere saying that there is a bug for amd (for people who havent payed) i came to this site... looked at the downloads... saw the radar... paid... havent gotten to use it... and by the time any good exploit info gets here its nerfed.. (well alot of it anyway)

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online