taultunleashed logoEQ2MegaBot’ v2.4 Released - Buff Bot AND HUNTER BOT! : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions - Page 2
newtopic  postreply
 [ 156 posts ]  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
blue large dot

EQ2MegaBot’ v2.4 Released - Buff Bot AND HUNTER BOT! : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions - Page 2

Posted: May 1st, 2005, 6:37 pm

hurricane989
hurricane989's Reps:
Rich, I was also thinking, is there a way you could set up the script so that, being a dps caster, in a group I could automatically start nuking as soon as the tank would pull a mob and it came within range of my group? In other words, when a tank would pull a mob, it would check the Tank's target, then as soon as that target would come within range it would start using certain spell combos, etc..

Posted: May 1st, 2005, 7:44 pm

bitflux
bitflux's Reps:
hell yes! i just ordered my second XU account so i can use this better with my 2box team ( you should get an affiliat link or something )

one thing im noticing though, on the regular buffbot mode i use a mystic. the problem is once apon a time it worked fantastic right before the last time SOE messed with varriables. now (and i havnt used it since the fix) i upgraded to the 2.4 version.

the bot seems to only assist my main (assigned as a master in the INI) in a full party situation, where as before it would assist the first person to attack in the group. Also now it will start assisting even when my main gets hit, where as before i belive i had to actually be engaged (marked as an X on the XU map) THe only reason i even care is my main is a coercer so the bot keeps nuking mezed mobs as i switch thru to mez them, and i would like it best if it assisted the first person to attack or desinated main assist.

so my question is, 1. has the auto assist logic changed so that its based on defined MASTERS only, not just temp group members? and 2. has it changed to look for dammage in the log file as opposed to however the XU map checks for an engaged opponet? or 3 am i totally off here?

my most immediate thought was the flag for engaged has been moved in memory and XU map is no longer picking this up but i havnt confirmed.

PS sorry for wacked out spelling but i could care less right now to correct it.

PSS, thanks for the great tool wyrv and rich!

Posted: May 1st, 2005, 11:17 pm

mally42
mally42's Reps:
Great job on the bot Richy!

I'll be ordering my 2nd xunleashed account soon now :)

I tried the Offensive bot out on my necro and my SK. It works much better with the SK mainly because of the range issue all ready discussed here. The creature would walk out of range and I wouldn't move to compensate. But seems like your pretty much on top of that all ready.

Also with my necro when I had the default FightWhite=TRUE set the bot would often get stuck targeting it's own pet and trying to attack over and over again. After a while it would move some but ussually go back to targeting it's pet over and over. This was fixed by setting changing it to FightWhite=FALSE.

The only other thing I could not get working right was the loot function. I opened up GetPixelColorDemo.vbs like you discribed and got the x y coord and punched them into the ini but I never could get them to loot. It seemed right after a mob died the bot would move. Too far to loot it maybe? Either that or I'm doing something stupid. I'll comb over the log soon and see if I can find anything.

You've done and AWESOME job pretty much perfecting buff bot and I'm sure and I can't wait to see future updates for the hunter.

Posted: May 2nd, 2005, 8:35 am

drakul

Total Posts: 5
drakul's Reps: 0
premium
I get this error

5/2/2005 11:15:17 AM: StartTimer(Action Recast Timer: Arch healing) SET: -1.0 seconds
5/2/2005 11:15:17 AM: *** ERROR: TranslateKey() Invalid key String (ActionClass.Load(Arch healing)) -> <10>
5/2/2005 11:15:17 AM: ERROR: Invalid Key to Translate - check sequence out
5/2/2005 11:15:17 AM: ERROR loading ActionClass - check sequence out

the line is like this
HealSequenceSTR=qb3,Virtue,1,2s,6s,Arch healing,10,3s,9s
when I have the line like this HealSequenceSTR=~ it works

Posted: May 2nd, 2005, 8:41 am

hurricane989
hurricane989's Reps:
drakul";p="63991 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
I get this error

5/2/2005 11:15:17 AM: StartTimer(Action Recast Timer: Arch healing) SET: -1.0 seconds
5/2/2005 11:15:17 AM: *** ERROR: TranslateKey() Invalid key String (ActionClass.Load(Arch healing)) -> <10>

the line is like this

Your getting this error because you are assigning Arch Healing to Quickbar key "10", but theres no actual key 10, its 0.

Posted: May 2nd, 2005, 8:49 am

drakul

Total Posts: 5
drakul's Reps: 0
premium
thx

Posted: May 2nd, 2005, 2:45 pm

richyrich
richyrich's Reps:
hurricane989";p="63960 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Rich, I was also thinking, is there a way you could set up the script so that, being a dps caster, in a group I could automatically start nuking as soon as the tank would pull a mob and it came within range of my group? In other words, when a tank would pull a mob, it would check the Tank's target, then as soon as that target would come within range it would start using certain spell combos, etc..

Why Yes! Actually, it does most of that today. Set it up as a BUFFBOT and it will work almost exactly as that. Today if it see ANYONE in the group or anyone's pet in the group being attacked, it will assist the "FightPartner" and start the Combat Sequences. That was the main purpose of the bot before I added the Hunter Logic. It works beautifully. My group of friends always has one BUFFBOT running with us to attack/buff as needed.

The BUFFBOT name is misleading as it is a tag along bot, you can buff, heal or just FIGHT!

The thing it doesn't do today is look to see if you are in range before doing it, which really doesn't hurt as it will simply just get target too far until you are in range, which works fine.

Try it out and tell us if you like it!
Rich

Posted: May 2nd, 2005, 3:02 pm

psirusmojo

Total Posts: 36
psirusmojo's Reps: 4
Im having a problem with moving. the only movement I see it ever do is straif to the left. I see it trying to change angles and such but it kinda just moves the mouse left and right for a while and not move my toon.

also another problem is that it wont actually find any mobs. I see it targeting green mobs but in the messege area it just says "grey-ignoring". Im not quite sure whats up. maybe someone has some input? it not crashing or anything, it just wont work unless a mob starts attacking me first.

Posted: May 2nd, 2005, 3:35 pm

bitflux
bitflux's Reps:
has anyone been able to locate the veriable to change the range from 37 to a lower number? i looked for an hour and i couldnt find it. I really dont want to wait for the next version either because other than the range it works good for the most part.

please make sure to include the file name and function its in. if not i will just go buy a low lvl bow with 37 range, but how can i make sure there is arrows after 99 shots?

Posted: May 2nd, 2005, 3:58 pm

richyrich
richyrich's Reps:
bitflux";p="63963 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
hell yes! i just ordered my second XU account so i can use this better with my 2box team ( you should get an affiliat link or something )

one thing im noticing though, on the regular buffbot mode i use a mystic. the problem is once apon a time it worked fantastic right before the last time SOE messed with varriables. now (and i havnt used it since the fix) i upgraded to the 2.4 version.

the bot seems to only assist my main (assigned as a master in the INI) in a full party situation, where as before it would assist the first person to attack in the group. Also now it will start assisting even when my main gets hit, where as before i belive i had to actually be engaged (marked as an X on the XU map) THe only reason i even care is my main is a coercer so the bot keeps nuking mezed mobs as i switch thru to mez them, and i would like it best if it assisted the first person to attack or desinated main assist.

so my question is, 1. has the auto assist logic changed so that its based on defined MASTERS only, not just temp group members? and 2. has it changed to look for dammage in the log file as opposed to however the XU map checks for an engaged opponet? or 3 am i totally off here?

my most immediate thought was the flag for engaged has been moved in memory and XU map is no longer picking this up but i havnt confirmed.

PS sorry for wacked out spelling but i could care less right now to correct it.

PSS, thanks for the great tool wyrv and rich!

Actually, I don't and never have checked the engaged flag for the buffbot mode (it does for the hunterbot so you don't try to attack somethign that is engaged).

The logic has gone through some changes, though I don't think I use to target differently. The way it works is the person who is targetted is used to cast spells through that way as they change targets, the bot changes targets. The intention was to make the FightPartner the main puller. So in your scenario, instead of having the bot set as FightPartner to you, have it to the person pulling. You can still ask the bot to follow you. That way it should follow you, but target through the main tank.

Try it out and see if that works for you.

Rich

Posted: May 2nd, 2005, 4:02 pm

richyrich
richyrich's Reps:
bitflux";p="64026 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
has anyone been able to locate the veriable to change the range from 37 to a lower number? i looked for an hour and i couldnt find it. I really dont want to wait for the next version either because other than the range it works good for the most part.

please make sure to include the file name and function its in. if not i will just go buy a low lvl bow with 37 range, but how can i make sure there is arrows after 99 shots?

You could ask the author? :-)

It's in MainFunctions, line 615.

It's actually set to 20, not 37. I'm using actual game units, not sure what the bow lists as units. The function RunToLoc right below that, the last parameter is 4, which is currently in seconds (I know, confusing, but hold overs from older scripts). I'll convert it all to locs in the next version. That mean that if the mob is > 20 units away, run to them and stop 4 seconds shy (it knows your LocsPerSec to figure this out).

So to make it come closer, set it to 15 and 2, should do it until I fix it for good.

Rich

Posted: May 2nd, 2005, 5:00 pm

richyrich
richyrich's Reps:
mally42";p="63969 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Great job on the bot Richy!

I'll be ordering my 2nd xunleashed account soon now :)

I tried the Offensive bot out on my necro and my SK. It works much better with the SK mainly because of the range issue all ready discussed here. The creature would walk out of range and I wouldn't move to compensate. But seems like your pretty much on top of that all ready.

Also with my necro when I had the default FightWhite=TRUE set the bot would often get stuck targeting it's own pet and trying to attack over and over again. After a while it would move some but ussually go back to targeting it's pet over and over. This was fixed by setting changing it to FightWhite=FALSE.

The only other thing I could not get working right was the loot function. I opened up GetPixelColorDemo.vbs like you discribed and got the x y coord and punched them into the ini but I never could get them to loot. It seemed right after a mob died the bot would move. Too far to loot it maybe? Either that or I'm doing something stupid. I'll comb over the log soon and see if I can find anything.

You've done and AWESOME job pretty much perfecting buff bot and I'm sure and I can't wait to see future updates for the hunter.

Thanks for the feedback.

Hmm - seems I have some work to do on targetting. I spend most of the time on the functions to find the mobs once targetted, and not as much time on the targetting funtions. The FightWhite seems like an easy fix, I"ll look into it.

As far as the looting goes, after a fight is done, you should see the mouse move in a square pattern doing targetingg, then move to the LootXY loc and click (even if something isn't looted as it can't tell when the window is open). What do you see it doing after the fight? Send me a log file if it's not doing the mouse pattern.

Rich

Posted: May 2nd, 2005, 5:01 pm

richyrich
richyrich's Reps:
hurricane989";p="63993 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
drakul";p="63991 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
I get this error

the line is like this

Your getting this error because you are assigning Arch Healing to Quickbar key "10", but theres no actual key 10, its 0.

Thanks for the help on that! I love when everyone jumps in to help others out - makes my life easier and I can focus on the bot!

Rich

Posted: May 2nd, 2005, 5:06 pm

richyrich
richyrich's Reps:
psirusmojo";p="64023 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Im having a problem with moving. the only movement I see it ever do is straif to the left. I see it trying to change angles and such but it kinda just moves the mouse left and right for a while and not move my toon.

also another problem is that it wont actually find any mobs. I see it targeting green mobs but in the messege area it just says "grey-ignoring". Im not quite sure whats up. maybe someone has some input? it not crashing or anything, it just wont work unless a mob starts attacking me first.

The first problem sounds like your MouseToggleSTR isn't set properly. Read the INI help for finding what it's set to in game. This allows the bot to toggle the mouse on and off to turn. I am going to look at changing this to the left/right keys in the next version, but for now, use the MouseToggle.

The second problem about targetting, this is what I was referring to when I posted 2.4 and the mob colors might not be right. What Level are you? The logic for the levels and what the script sees as Green/Blue/etc. is posted at the beginning of this thread. Use the Map plugin to see the levels of mobs and map it out for me.
Target a bunch of things that are green, blue, yellow, etc and find where the boundaries are. There is a thread somewhere where people were doing this to help Wyv get the map colors right - I used that logic. Must have it wrong for your level. Any help is appreciated as it will help make the bot better for everyone.

Thanks,
Rich

Posted: May 2nd, 2005, 6:43 pm

bitflux
bitflux's Reps:
i'd like to suggest a fix on something, but im no programer god like u rich, but the problem is while its running to next lock it looks for mobs on the way, the big problem is it will hit tab and find a mob but that mob may be far away (really far in some cases) and it doesnt have any checks. so i tried this out, see what u think.

starting at line 423 in runToLoc file
this block targets while running to a loc

(!empty($user->lang['CODE'])) ? $user->lang['CODE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'CODE'))):
         if(CheckForMonster) then
            ' Every 1 second try to target monster

if (CheckForMonsterTimer.TimerCheck()) then
               SendKey(TargetMonsterSTR)
               spawnID=getTargetID(oEQ2Service) 'new
               mobX=getMobX(oEQ2Service, spawnID) 'new
               mobY=getMobY(oEQ2Service, spawnID) 'new
               mobDist=CalcDisToTarget(mobX, mobY) 'new

if (GetCon() AND mobDist < 15) then  ' changed
                  objDebug.Print "** We found a monster while running, stop running and it will then be the next thing you target...", 0
                  FoundMonster=TRUE
                  GlobalTargettedMonster=TRUE
                  exit Do
               end if
               Call CheckForMonsterTimer.StartTimer("CheckForMonsterTimer", 1)
            end if
         end if

is this wrong? it seems to work for me

thanks Rich

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online