taultunleashed logoEQ2MegaBot’ v2.4 Released - Buff Bot AND HUNTER BOT! : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions - Page 11
newtopic  postreply
 [ 156 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
blue large dot

EQ2MegaBot’ v2.4 Released - Buff Bot AND HUNTER BOT! : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions - Page 11

Posted: May 30th, 2005, 8:57 am

kraven2

Total Posts: 14
kraven2's Reps: 1
First I'd just like to say this script is awesome. I play 2 chars, a guardian and an inquisitor. When I play the guardian and have the inqusitor running this script I've never had any problems.

Recently I decided to setup my guardian with the hunterbot. I set them both in an instanced zone that respawns, and set the guardian to stay put and pull whats around him. Works great most of the time.

The one problem I have come across watching them work is sometimes when a group is pulled, after one of the mobs dies, one or two of the remaining mobs will suddenly switch to attacking the inqusitor(even if no heals were cast) or the inqisitor gets jumped first. What usually happens is the inqusitor ends up loosing life fast enough that it just keeps itself targeted to heal. When this happens my guardian targets the healer to try and assist, but since the healer is targeting itself, the guardian isn't able to attack anything, and the healer just keeps healing itself so no damage is being done to the mobs. I usually jump in then, target the mob on my guardian and taunt it, then let it go back to doing its thing.

So, I was wondering if there was something I have setup wrong or if this is something that needs to be added to the wish list for future features. Maybe if the healer bot stayed targeted on the mob that was attacking it, instead of targeting itself this would allow the hunter bot to be able to assist properly, and the healer bot would still be able to heal itself.

Anyhow, just something I noticed and wanted to see what ya think.

Posted: May 31st, 2005, 5:07 am

richyrich
richyrich's Reps:
tazman076";p="65952 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Hey Rich,

Service is updated when do you think we'll see the new release?

It's out!! Check the downloads section - v2.5 is officially done!

Posted: May 31st, 2005, 5:09 am

richyrich
richyrich's Reps:
tldtms";p="65962 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
I'm also patiantly waiting for this.....NOT.. I'm checking this site every hour since he said he was going to release it last week =p Ahh!!

Yeah I know, that's why I hate saying when it's going to be released, I could get pulled out of town for 4 days with no notice, or take the kids out on the boat :-) But... patience has paid off, it's finally out. Try it out and tell me how it works for you.

Rich

Posted: May 31st, 2005, 5:13 am

richyrich
richyrich's Reps:
kraven2";p="65998 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
First I'd just like to say this script is awesome. I play 2 chars, a guardian and an inquisitor. When I play the guardian and have the inqusitor running this script I've never had any problems.

Recently I decided to setup my guardian with the hunterbot. I set them both in an instanced zone that respawns, and set the guardian to stay put and pull whats around him. Works great most of the time.

The one problem I have come across watching them work is sometimes when a group is pulled, after one of the mobs dies, one or two of the remaining mobs will suddenly switch to attacking the inqusitor(even if no heals were cast) or the inqisitor gets jumped first. What usually happens is the inqusitor ends up loosing life fast enough that it just keeps itself targeted to heal. When this happens my guardian targets the healer to try and assist, but since the healer is targeting itself, the guardian isn't able to attack anything, and the healer just keeps healing itself so no damage is being done to the mobs. I usually jump in then, target the mob on my guardian and taunt it, then let it go back to doing its thing.

So, I was wondering if there was something I have setup wrong or if this is something that needs to be added to the wish list for future features. Maybe if the healer bot stayed targeted on the mob that was attacking it, instead of targeting itself this would allow the hunter bot to be able to assist properly, and the healer bot would still be able to heal itself.

Anyhow, just something I noticed and wanted to see what ya think.

Sounds like you have it setup properly, you just found a behaviour that doesn't work for you combo. I just changed how heals are done in v2.5 with the solo bot, but based on that scenario, looks like I need to change how they heal themselves in a fight. I will update the logic and post a new vbs file to fix it. You will have to test it for me as I don't have the same setup as you do.

Thanks for the feedback - that's the kind of constructive feedback with good detail that helps make the script better.

Rich

Posted: May 31st, 2005, 5:52 am

richyrich
richyrich's Reps:
Kraven - now that I think through the scenario, it is not as simple as it seems.

In SOLO Hunterbot mode, it works easy because the basic assumption is, everything attacking is attacking you, thus by casting a heal on the mob you are fighting, it will 100% of the time do a heal on you.

BUT - when you are grouped in the scenario above, there can be many different ways the fight goes down, and the script has to handle it in a generic way that covers as many scenarious as possible.

If I code it to cast a heal on the mob you have targetted, you situation above would work most the time as the mobs you are targetting are attacking you, so you get the heal.

But consider this scenario: Your main Guardian/Hunter pull 3 mobs, the Inquisitor targets the Guardian (who is the FightPartner, and the buff bot always casts THROUGH the fight partner so they switch with them). At this point in time, the other 2 mobs jump the inquisitor and starts beating him to a pulp. If I coded the heal to cast through the mob, the Inquisitor would cast a heal and it would heal the Guardian as the mob you are activly fighting is not attacking you. You continue to get beat down and die. Also, technically you have targetted the Guardian, so they would get the heal directly... the Inquisitor should never really target a mob directly, and if you are seeing this, have to look as to why as a buffbot should target through the FightPartner.

The solution may be to turn off the AssistMe Logic where the buffbot ASKS for an assist. The Hunterbot should see another mob attacking the party and target it to continue the fight.

If you don't mind, try this for me:
Modify the EQ2MEGABot_MainFunctions_v25.vbs file.

Find the DoMelee() Function and modify the assist logic.

It is line 2296: " Call Say(AssistMeSTR, g_FIGHTPARTNER)"
Just comment it out with a '
Now the buffbot should never ask for an assist. See how this works and how the Hunterbot finds the next target and give me some feedback.

Thanks,
Rich

Posted: May 31st, 2005, 5:53 am

richyrich
richyrich's Reps:
v2.5 is released! Please find it in the downloads area.

Start posting all feedback to the v2.5 thread - it will be sticky soon and this one will move out of sticky to retire v2.4 thread.

Rich

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online