taultunleashed logoEQ2MegaBot’ v2.4 Released - Buff Bot AND HUNTER BOT! : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions - Page 8
newtopic  postreply
 [ 156 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
blue large dot

EQ2MegaBot’ v2.4 Released - Buff Bot AND HUNTER BOT! : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions - Page 8

Posted: May 22nd, 2005, 3:35 am

richyrich
richyrich's Reps:
tldtms";p="65282 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Feature/Request

Ability to logout once your character dies. Too often people are tring to rez me and inviting me to groups. I also saw posts on the fourm where this is suspiciuos activity.

Thanks!

The code is actually in there, must not be working. when I'm testing I run 2 bots together, so in all this testing the bot has never died, thus I haven't tested that logic in awhile :-) Guess I will have to !

Posted: May 22nd, 2005, 3:38 am

richyrich
richyrich's Reps:
malar1";p="65359 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Hello all...great program Richy...I have a couple of questions...

I've gotten most of everything to work except of a couple of things...for some reason when my main account attacks, my 2nd account will automatically heal then switch from my qb1 to my qb3 and will just sit there....and my other question is after reading some posts,it seems I need to locate the master button MBUTTON...I'm not sure how to do this and I don't see where to set it or find it ?

After looking at everything for hours trying to figure out what I need to do,everything almost becomes a blurr hehe...I'm sure I'm over looking something....can someone help me out please ?

You can map this button to any button on the keyboard - see the top of the INI file for naming conventions for most keys. You only need to use this key if you are in a group a 5, and one drops out and the bot doesn't see the message and now it has 4 and one is invlid (would be -1 on the bot group window). or more likely a group member creates a pet and the bot does'nt see the pet. Hitting this key will have the bot go through and find all spawnID's of group members and pets. Much faster than the old way which was to stop the script and restart it each time... slow...

Posted: May 22nd, 2005, 3:40 am

richyrich
richyrich's Reps:
malar1";p="65381 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Well after digging around,probing and cussing I finally got it to work....nice job Richy,this works wonderfully,now I can run my main account with my second as a healer :)

Excellent!!

Can you post some of the things you setup wrong, they might help others who are setting it up or help me write a better install manual. Keep in mind, I can read and set this thing up in my sleep, so hard to tell what parts are confusing for someone who hasn't seen it before. Please send all feature requests and feedback!

ALso - don't forget you can (should) report these things using the bug tracker application you can get to from Site Navigation.

Posted: May 22nd, 2005, 3:59 am

richyrich
richyrich's Reps:
phatfuture";p="65371 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Well, I got it working now, dont know what was the problem really..

Amazing job rich, im really impressed. However, i have a problem you (or someone else might help me with. It runs for like 5 mins, then it stops. XU still says theres 1 script running tho.. I dont really know what causes it, it runs to next target fine and stuff like that so it cant really be related to that.. Hope someone has an idea or have had similar problem and might have a solution. If not, ill post logs and ini, or pm them to whoever comes to the rescue :)

Thanks

I'll come to the rescue! Send me the log/ini - best way is to richyrich@toadmail.com or you can PM them to me -whatever works for you.

When it stops, does the button say STOP or START?
If it says STOP, then the script is still running, if it says START, then the script crashed and you probably found a bug :-)

Rich

Posted: May 22nd, 2005, 4:08 am

richyrich
richyrich's Reps:
Wyv - (or anyone using these function), can someone give me an example of how to use these functions? I have tried, but it appears I just can't figure out how to define the structures needed - do I need to define the structure/class myself or use a predefined one? I'm trying to keep the status windows from showing up off screen if you are running in windowed mode.

Function Win32API.XUGetForegroundWindow() As Long 'See GetForegroundWindow API microsoft.
Function Win32API.XUGetClientRect(ByVal hwnd As Long, lpRect As tagRECT) As Long 'See GetClientRect API from microsoft.
Function Win32API.XUScreenToClient(ByVal hwnd As Long, lpPoint As tagPOINT) As Long
Function Win32AP.XUClientToScreen(ByVal hwnd As Long, lpPoint As tagPOINT) As Long

Posted: May 23rd, 2005, 5:46 am

richyrich
richyrich's Reps:
(!empty($user->lang['QUOTE'])) ? $user->lang['QUOTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'QUOTE'))):
malar1

Posted: Sat May 21, 2005 8:41 am Comment subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys ! A couple of questions.

I run 2 pc's with 2 XU accounts...I just downloaded Buffbot for the purpose of using it on my second account.I finally got my script to stay running,now I am having a problem with getting my main account to interact with my buffbot,do I need to run BOTH pc's with Buffbot or just 1 pc ?

And my other question is,how do I get my main account to execute commands for my buffbot to heal ?

I've read through and through all info,I mainly just want to use my second account for buffing(healing) behind my main account,and I am having problems getting my main account to work correctly with my second account...any help would be appreciated or being pointed in the right direction

If you are playing one char and the other is a buffbot, you just need XU running on the buffbot machine. As far as the main char interacting - if you set them up as the FightPartner=xxxx then the bot will follow them around by default and respond to them. I think in 2.4 you still have to list them (and everyone) who can send the bot comments in the ValidMasters=xxx,xxx variable. In 2.5 you won't have to as it has some updated logic.

So - when you send a command, (setup at the top of the INI file) - it should respond to the command. If you find it not responding after this setup, please send me the log file and I'll take a look, something simple I'm sure.

As far as healing, if you put your char in the ValidMasters=xxx, ini variable, the bot will auto heal when any char is below HealPercentSTR=xx. If you want to manually ask for a heal, you would say the HealMeSTR=xxx to the bot. Make sense?

Rich

Posted: May 23rd, 2005, 5:49 am

richyrich
richyrich's Reps:
(!empty($user->lang['QUOTE'])) ? $user->lang['QUOTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'QUOTE'))):
h4lc0n

Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 11:59 pm Comment subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi there

I just set this up for my 20mystic several hours ago and everything seems to be working wonderfully. i only have one problem, when my char finishes fighting it usually waits till 100%HP and 75%PP but in the mean time it casts himself 2 heals.

I'd like it if for example I was a 79% and the heal was casted, but the problem is that even if I'm at 100%HP it still casts the heal twice.

Any ideas?

Well, not sure as the heal logic is pretty good, doesn't overheal that I can reproduce. Does it still do it? If so, I need a log to figure it out and your INI file. Looks like it doesn't see your health properly. Also, what is your HealPercentSTR=xx set to? If the bot sees you are below this health, he will cast a heal.

Rich

Posted: May 23rd, 2005, 1:44 pm

tazman076

Total Posts: 169
tazman076's Reps: 1
Active User > 50 Posts
since your talking about heal logic rich.. i the hunter bot set up to heal himself if he got to certain % and i found he kept trying to heal the mob once he smacked it down to that %.. was quite funny actually

Posted: May 23rd, 2005, 2:08 pm

tazman076

Active User > 50 Posts
Also thought i'd share this little use i came up with for your script richy.

I call it tracker bot :) and this might even be of use with classes that track i don't know anything about them. But this can be done with any class.

First i make a macro with /poke for all named that i know of in every zone.. we could compile a list here of what diff people know that works...i.e. /poke bor in ools will look for Borxx

I bind this to a macro key and set the script to hit it once after each pull. I then set the responce string to look for a return of /pokes himself . <<notice the offset period. If it detects said response i have another macro key set up with either a /gu or /tell to specific person maybe one of my other toons. saying HEY GUYS there is a named up in my zone.

Worked slick on couple named in feerot and the named NB in el last couple days hehe

Posted: May 23rd, 2005, 2:16 pm

mally42
mally42's Reps:
Richy- I have a couple of issues / questions for you.

I've been using both bots in the BUFFBOT function so I could control the targeting and running. Mainly because I've been having a few problems with movement and targeting.

So today I started fooling with the OFFENSIVE mode.

Ok I replace the code you suggested in the RunToLocs. I also replace the code you suggested to someone else in the EQ2MEGABot_MainFunctions_v24.vbss

Replace with the following code:
line 615: if mobDist > 1 then
line 618: Call RunToLoc(mobX, mobY, -1, FALSE, 0.25)

My understanding is the OFFENSIVE bot should run directly up to it's target with those settings. And it will still try to cast spells on creatures when out of range

Another issue I am having is I can only get the bot to run straight for some reason. I think maybe it's having problem reading the left and right keys. If I look at the box it seems to be calculating run and turn distance but when it starts to run it just goes straight, stops then either is targets and if in range and starts working or is out of range and thinks it in range it gets stuck until it gives up and looks for a new target.

Lastly, when in a battle if the bot heals it self it switched target to itself. The problem here is that it doesn't switch back and when it resumes it's attack you get a bunch of message unable to cast on freindly target because it's targeting itself. It's not a problem if it switches to another party member because it will just cast on their target.

Any ideas? I can send you a log if you want.

Oh yeah and I was also wondering if future versions of megabot would have a way to run to different x,y locs. It would be great if you could say run here and look for a target and then when you can find any more run here.

Also I was thinking it would be a good idea if you could hunt my mob name.

Thanks!

Posted: May 23rd, 2005, 4:38 pm

tazman076

Active User > 50 Posts
Hunting by mob name would rock... no more accidently pulling that double up blue that wonders into pull range if your camping a specific spot and type of mob

Posted: May 24th, 2005, 1:56 am

nammit
nammit's Reps:
Hi all

Got an odd problem, when i kill a mob i strafe off to the left also happens when the script 1st starts up. Anyone have an idea what it could be?

Thx

Posted: May 24th, 2005, 8:30 am

tldtms
tldtms's Reps:
Nammit, you have your GETStr set to your Q which is the default for straff. You need to change this key either in Options, or the INI

Last edited by Guest on May 24th, 2005, 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: May 24th, 2005, 8:58 am

mally42
mally42's Reps:
Richy - Ok so I think I have it working a bit better with targeting and movement. Not too sure what if anything I did that may have help it so I wanted to run the changes I made by you and see if what I did makes sense.

In the RunToLoc I changed the following and this is where I'm not sure if what I did is right but it seems to turn better now.

Even though my arrow keys are set for movement I tried to change it to use a and d to move left and right. Not sure if what I did is right though so here's what I changed it to.

kRight=VirtualKey.VK_d
kLeft=VirtualKey.VK_a

Also I changed this: howClose=0

Then I went to MainFunctions and changed this:

if mobDist > 10 then
Call RunToLoc(mobX, mobY, -1, FALSE, 1)

In the character ini file I switched from CLOSESTSCON to RANDOMPOINTS and increased the RandomRunRange a bit. Last I set LookForMonsterTime=1

Here is what I noticed after making those changes. First the bot when starting to run would make minor left and right movements based on it's target I think. If it had nothing targeted it would run straight. It seemed to make the most dramatic turns when entering combat. Obviously because it entered combat and was turning to face the creature. It always has done this though.

As far as the range it would most often find a target in range but sometimes would still try and cast on creatures out of range. Also for no apparent reason I can see the bot will most often switch back to it's target after healing itself now which is great!

My main question is did I do the VirtualKey thing right? Also when running is it suppose to make more dramatic course changes? Like if the bot did not find a target will it always run straight or is it random? In other words can the bot make a 90 angle turn when looking for a target in RANDOMPOINTS mode? If so I don't think I fixed my movement issue as it will mostly run straight but does kind of move left or right when running now.

It would be so awesome if there was a waypoint system implemented in the future. Often I'd run into walls or in water. Also I had a question about RANDOMSQUARE. Does that work? I don't think it does but, it would be cool to have the bot only hunt in a definable radius or square.

Anyways just wanted to update my progress with the hunter. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Posted: May 25th, 2005, 8:49 am

richyrich
richyrich's Reps:
tazman076";p="65520 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
since your talking about heal logic rich.. i the hunter bot set up to heal himself if he got to certain % and i found he kept trying to heal the mob once he smacked it down to that %.. was quite funny actually

hmm - should never do that as it doesn't watch the mob health for this logic - only your health and group health. If the function keys got set right and he see's everyone in the group window, it should use the FKey to target and heal them properly... I use it extensivly like this and works like a champ.

If you are soloing, I can't remember if I just heal the target mob as it casts through the mob back into you... give me some more details and I'll see what is up

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online