taultunleashed logoEQ2MegaBot’ v2.4 Released - Buff Bot AND HUNTER BOT! : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 156 posts ]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
blue large dot

EQ2MegaBot’ v2.4 Released - Buff Bot AND HUNTER BOT! : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions

Posted: April 30th, 2005, 4:36 am

richyrich
richyrich's Reps:
v2.4 04/30/05 is Finally RELEASED - Find in Download area of EQ2

Yes, those of you who have been waiting for the Hunter Bot, it is finally here - but please read the details below.

1. New INI Variables Added

a. LootX, LootY (Numeric)
i. Since you have to click the loot button... where is the button? How do you find this? Simple: Kill something until you can loot it, bring the loot window up. Now run the built in GetPixelColorDemo.vbs that came with XU, and it will show X, Y coords of the mouse. Go to them middle of the button, write down the X, Y coords and put them in here

b. PerMobCombatSequenceSTR
i. Per MOB Combat Seq - a sequence done ONCE per Mob. This happens if you are fighting multiple mobs, the InitialCombat above will only happen once, the PerMob will happen at the beginning of each mob. Good for DOT, DeBuffs, etc. If you have a pet, put your pet attack on a QB and use this to send the pet after the target - works well These will take place even if you are jumped format is:
1. QUICKBAR,Name,KEY,CastTime,ReCastTime,Name,KEY,CastTime,RecastTime,...

2. Removed the INI Variable: WaitUntilHit. It was a hold over from the DAOC days when I had to have a RangeAttack() and DoMelee() as you had to pull then hand to hand with different styles… not needed it’s gone!

3. Removed the INI WaitTimeForHeal as the buffbot will heal the offensive bot automatically now when needed, so no reason to ask for it anymore.

4. For all those waiting patiently, the HUNTER BOT v1.0 is now here! It is not what I would call full featured, but it works fairly well. A lot of little things to overcome still, but I’m sure I’ll get a lot of good feedback from everyone. Since this is the first released version, and the complexities of making a good, full features hunter bot are pretty in depth, please don’t get frustrated with the bot  My suggestion is to NEVER leave it running by itself for long in this version. The goal of this release is to get a first version out to everyone to test and give feedback on what works and what doesn’t. Please don’t just send me back saying doesn’t work right, recreate what it was doing and give me as much DETAIL as possible. Will need your INI file and log file if it’s something I need to check into. With DAOC, after the first version, it got much cleaner with everyone’s feedback, so let’s do the same things here.

5. For setup of the HUNTERBOT, I would leave most of the INI variables alone as they are pretty much set they way you want them.

a. You need to set CharRole=OFFSENSIVE

b. Set StopFightingPowerSTR=0
i. For Offensive Bots, set to 0, you want to fight until you are out of power, right?

c. Go to the bottom of the INI and set what you want to fight. I would start with Green & Blues.

d. Play with RandomRunRange=10. This is the radius, in seconds running, of how far you want to roam to find things. It isn’t perfect as a con may pull you further at times, but eventually you will go back to near your starting point. Keeps you from wandering too far away. A smaller numbers keeps you close by of course. A big number and you will wander far.

6. I’ve made a lot of comments about how useful a hunter bot in EQ2 is going to be as a solo (or not useful). I tried to solo my character using this and got killed a few times. It wasn’t that the bot wasn’t working, it is just that you pull things that are groups that are too tough and you get killed. I paired my hunter bot up with my healer buff bot and had a killer combo. Went through 1.5 levels pretty easily. Hardest part again was finding a good place to hunt. Best place is where very few things are agro, but that is hard to find in EQ2. Please post places if you find them. For those characters who can solo as tanks, this might be the most useful. For all others, I would suggest doing it with a buff bot (ie. 2 computers, running XU) – it is a great combo.

7. Things it does pretty good right now

a. It will find next mob using what you asked it to fight, if it’s too far away, will run closer, and then to InitialCombat.
b. It handles multiples just fine, switching to the next one, does PerMob each time as it should

c. Handles a pet as long as you put for the Pet to attack as a key during the PerMob. If not, the pet will start attack if you have it set to defend you.

d. It will go into Recover() each time a fight is over (all multiple mobs dead) and get Power/health back per your INI settings and try to loot.

e. Randomly it will run back near your start point to make sure you don’t wander too far

f. Rinse – repeat – works.

g. Other things work just like in BuffBot mode. It will fight back it affacked at anytime. It will keep your Buffs up that you setup.

8. The following are some of the main things I need to overcome in the HUNTER bot, so anyone with suggestions, please chime in:

a. It current loots, but looting is a tough thing in EQ2 as it is very visual based. While there are loot commands in EQ2, they don’t seem to do anything. Right now, when you are done a fight, the bot will try to use the GetSTR (which should be set to Trigger Default Action) in a box pattern around where your char should be if zoomed out. This will cause the loot box to pop up if something is lootable, then using the new LootX/Y INI variables, it will click the button. It works… most the time. If you fight multiples, then you might not loot some as they are off to the side. If it dies too far away, no loot. Sometimes the loot box isn’t where it was the last time, and that is pain, nothing I can do about that. So the final word is, it will loot 80% of the time. Any suggestions on this, please send em on.

b. Still working on more intelligent logic for when you get stuck on things.

c. Still working on more intelligent logic for when you can’t see things.

d. I need everyone’s help is determining if my CON COLORS are right. I used the stuff the people posted to WyvernX to get the con colors in the radar setup properly, but if you find you set it to attack Green and Blues and you are going after Whites/Yellows, please send me your INI file as I need to see your level and what level the con was to make sure my code is right. Here is the code right now – what this mean is if you are level 25, then a Blue is 1-2 levels lower than you, a Green is 3-5 levels lower than you, white is even as always, Yellow is 1-3 level greater than you, Orange is 4-5 levels greater than you. Each level has a split somewhere, and this is what was posted, so I use it and it seems to work.

if (CharLevel >= 41) then
MinGreen=4
MinBlue=3
MaxYellow=4
MaxOrange=6
CharLevelRange = 5
else
if (CharLevel >= 31) then
MinGreen=5
MinBlue=2
MaxYellow=3
MaxOrange=5
CharLevelRange = 4
else
if (CharLevel >= 21) then
MinGreen=4
MinBlue=2
MaxYellow=3
MaxOrange=4
CharLevelRange = 3
else
if (CharLevel >= 11) then
MinGreen=4
MinBlue=2
MaxYellow=2
MaxOrange=4
CharLevelRange = 2
else
' JUST Placeholders - need to verify these
MinGreen=4
MinBlue=2
MaxYellow=2
MaxOrange=4
CharLevelRange = 1
end if
end if
end if
end if

e. Have fun with it! Give feedback! Thanks!

Posted: April 30th, 2005, 12:23 pm

hurricane989
hurricane989's Reps:
Hey Rich, just want to say thanks.. Looking over the script and looks like you put a lot of time and effort into it!

However, I seem to be having a problem.. I've set all of the variables accordingly in the ini files, but when I run the script in EQ, it goes through all the librarys and then says, "all scripts stopped". And also, when it asks for your server, would you like us to just type in the server name? And the EQ directory line, is that the actual Everquest II directory? Or the Xunleashed directory with our EQ2 Megabot INI's in it?
Thanks!!

Posted: April 30th, 2005, 12:24 pm

hurricane989
hurricane989's Reps:
Oh and one last question, does it work with AMD processors?

Posted: April 30th, 2005, 12:32 pm

hurricane989
hurricane989's Reps:
I apologize for the mass amounts of posts, I just read through the debug text file and last line says "Failed to Load CHAR INI File. Look for Errors above. Aborting script." Any advice or something I should look for to fix this error? Cant seem to find anything.. Thanks again..

Posted: April 30th, 2005, 1:07 pm

wyvernx

Total Posts: 6718
wyvernx's Reps: 21
administrator
premium
Hey rich, were you able to use the new MobDifficulty functions I added?

It gets the "heroic" number of the mobs.

Posted: April 30th, 2005, 3:22 pm

hurricane989
hurricane989's Reps:
I figured out my problem.. Basically, when defining the "type" of bot you were going to be, Listed were options such as Buffbot, Offensive Bot, etc. However in the INI file you have Offensive spelt as "Offsensive", I just figured that "Offsensive" was a typo and you used "Offsensive" as the variable and not the proper spelling. But to save some confusion, it acutally uses offensive, the proper spelling :)

Posted: April 30th, 2005, 3:23 pm

mally42
mally42's Reps:
Man I might be getting sick and going home early from work :lol:

I can't wait to try it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted: April 30th, 2005, 7:30 pm

hurricane989
hurricane989's Reps:
Here's some thoughts after testing the script out all day today and here are a few issues so far i've found:
First, I am trying the script as a caster, and the first problem I noticed was with the range setting thats currently set.. I believe with bows the range is 37, and it is currently set as 36, however my spells are not able to cast with a 36 range, so a way to switch the range would be great. The option to actually run right up to the mob and gain aggro and start killing him would be great as well, because several times I have just been in range, start attacking, and mob will leave range and Ill be stuck casting for a bit while i am out of range.

There seems to be a problem with calculating the "angles". After running the script for a while, most of the time my character will be looking directly upwards into the sky, not allowing me to see whats going on, or mobs around me. It will continue to look up slightly, but never look back down.

And also, when trying to run closer to a mob, it sometimes gets a little buggy, and starts to aim the character in the wrong direction, lose the target, etc. My suggestion is to use the idea behind the harvest bot by actually using the keyboard to navigate the character around, rather than the actual mouse pointer, it seems to be a much more effective way to move the character around.

Thats all I have found so far, but would just like to say that you've done a great job on the script, there are way too many positive notes to post about this script, just needs a little fine tuning, but thats expected with any program.. Great work!

Posted: May 1st, 2005, 5:35 am

richyrich
richyrich's Reps:
wyvernx";p="63895 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Hey rich, were you able to use the new MobDifficulty functions I added?

It gets the "heroic" number of the mobs.

Not yet, wanted to get it released with the functionality I had been testing for awhile. Now that it is, I'll start adding things, such as this. Did you find the flag for something being grouped?

Thanks,
Rich

Posted: May 1st, 2005, 5:36 am

richyrich
richyrich's Reps:
hurricane989";p="63906 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
I figured out my problem.. Basically, when defining the "type" of bot you were going to be, Listed were options such as Buffbot, Offensive Bot, etc. However in the INI file you have Offensive spelt as "Offsensive", I just figured that "Offsensive" was a typo and you used "Offsensive" as the variable and not the proper spelling. But to save some confusion, it acutally uses offensive, the proper spelling :)

Yes, I see that I spell it right and wrong in the same paragraph :-)

I have corrected the Example INI for the next release, but for everyone reading, just spell it the right way, all caps and you will be good.

Rich

Posted: May 1st, 2005, 5:39 am

richyrich
richyrich's Reps:
hurricane989";p="63918 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Here's some thoughts after testing the script out all day today and here are a few issues so far i've found:
First, I am trying the script as a caster, and the first problem I noticed was with the range setting thats currently set.. I believe with bows the range is 37, and it is currently set as 36, however my spells are not able to cast with a 36 range, so a way to switch the range would be great. The option to actually run right up to the mob and gain aggro and start killing him would be great as well, because several times I have just been in range, start attacking, and mob will leave range and Ill be stuck casting for a bit while i am out of range.

There seems to be a problem with calculating the "angles". After running the script for a while, most of the time my character will be looking directly upwards into the sky, not allowing me to see whats going on, or mobs around me. It will continue to look up slightly, but never look back down.

And also, when trying to run closer to a mob, it sometimes gets a little buggy, and starts to aim the character in the wrong direction, lose the target, etc. My suggestion is to use the idea behind the harvest bot by actually using the keyboard to navigate the character around, rather than the actual mouse pointer, it seems to be a much more effective way to move the character around.

Thats all I have found so far, but would just like to say that you've done a great job on the script, there are way too many positive notes to post about this script, just needs a little fine tuning, but thats expected with any program.. Great work!

I'll make the range a variable on the next release.

As far as looking upwards, are you running in windowed mode? I found that when I did that, that was what happened. When I run in full screen mode, no issues. The turning logic is a hold over from my DAOC bot which used the mouse to turn as it was much more fine tuned. I'll look at the logic in the Havest Bot and see if it works better. I've used the bot for hours at full screen and never had an issue.

What do you mean by when trying to run closer to a mob? Do you mean you are trying to take over and run? If so, that is why as it is fighting against you. When turning, it is turning the mouse turn on and off, so if you grab the mouse and try to move somewhere, it is going to go a bit nuts. Again, will look at the logic in HarvestBot to see if that works better.

Thanks for the feedback!

Rich

Posted: May 1st, 2005, 8:58 am

hurricane989
hurricane989's Reps:
Just switched to full screen and tested it out, all of the camera issues seem to work fine!

I think the only major issue is just simply the range.. I'd recommend even though you are able to attack with a range of 37, move in a bit closer, perhaps 32-33 just incase the mob steps out of range and your not stuck casting for a bit.. And also I was thinking of another mode to add for travelling; waypoints.. That would be a great way to be able to fine tune the script to make sure you don't step into any group mobs while soloing.

Posted: May 1st, 2005, 10:49 am

grimsoar
grimsoar's Reps:
Hey Rich,

I downloaded the new version of the Buff/Hunter bot and am having an old problem I had in the past with my Health/Power numbers reported as 0. I tried hard coding the coords of my bars in the LoadEQ2Ini function, but that didn't work this time. The bot stays stuck in Recover mode and doesn't do much.

Any ideas to what I can try?

Posted: May 1st, 2005, 11:41 am

grimsoar
grimsoar's Reps:
My mistake. I updated the EQ2 Service and it works fine... Testing it now.

Posted: May 1st, 2005, 1:30 pm

richyrich
richyrich's Reps:
Tell me if it works Grim :-)

Have to catch up! I haven't been on in a week or so other then to release the bot, but I'm ready to play again.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online