taultunleashed logoHarvestBot 3.00 is here : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions - Page 3
newtopic  postreply
 [ 74 posts ]  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
blue large dot

HarvestBot 3.00 is here : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions - Page 3

Posted: May 24th, 2005, 10:00 pm

thewatcher
thewatcher's Reps:
Please check the Bugtracker for a possible solution to your problem. *fingers crossed*

Posted: May 24th, 2005, 11:09 pm

tallaron
tallaron's Reps:
EQ2Service load error 5 Invalid procedure call or argument, retrying problem found!

In this file HarvestBot_Classes_v300.vbs I changed this line:
Set oLogFile = oLogFSO.OpenTextFile(LogFile, ForAppending, True)
Set oLogFile = oLogFSO.OpenTextFile(LogFile, ForAppending, False)
I changed True to false and started moving. Will set my buttons up and see how it goes. At least I'm moving now :lol:

Posted: May 24th, 2005, 11:49 pm

thewatcher
thewatcher's Reps:
As posted in the BugTracker this is considered solved now, the bug was in Microsoft's VBscript and False is now functioning perfectly for me as well even though it should not work at all.

I'm ready to do a release but I'm pretty tired, I think I'll do it tomorrow. You're going to love the speed increase, it ran around ForestRuins so fast that the nodes didn't have time to respawn. You'll love it.

I may add one more feature before release, an INI entry for time between harvests so people with slow or fast machines can tweek it to keep him bent over and working instead of standing there waiting.

Any other Feature requests now is the time, feel free to add it to BugTracker or here if you like.

Posted: May 25th, 2005, 2:40 pm

phatfuture
phatfuture's Reps:
I didnt see a post about this, but when you run into a tree ie, it makes 'evade move' like move back, turn, jump etc.. But it will keep doing this all the way to the next node, this looks very bot'ish hehe, hope you can get it in time :)

Posted: May 25th, 2005, 3:14 pm

thewatcher
thewatcher's Reps:
phatfuture";p="65686 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
I didnt see a post about this, but when you run into a tree ie, it makes 'evade move' like move back, turn, jump etc.. But it will keep doing this all the way to the next node, this looks very bot'ish hehe, hope you can get it in time :)

This is a timing issue, if the bot doesn't move far enough, because of having made the evasive move, before the next check it will think it's still stuck. I have increased the time and it seems to have resolved it for me. Thanks for the feedback though ).

Posted: May 25th, 2005, 3:54 pm

phatfuture
phatfuture's Reps:
np :)

great job on the bot, i really enjoy it :D
least thing i can do is to give proper feedback :)

btw if you can make it add node to bad nodes on 'too far away' msg, it would be nice. If a node is partially in a tree (targetable but not harvestable) it will try to harvest it for the # of times given in the ini. Dont know if you can do this, but would be great if you could :)

Posted: May 25th, 2005, 5:16 pm

thewatcher
thewatcher's Reps:
phatfuture";p="65691 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):

btw if you can make it add node to bad nodes on 'too far away' msg, it would be nice. If a node is partially in a tree (targetable but not harvestable) it will try to harvest it for the # of times given in the ini. Dont know if you can do this, but would be great if you could :)

Problem with too far away is that it doesn't record that to the log so I would have to integrate graphics routines to look for the message and anyone (like me) who has totally customized their interface with eq2.interface.com the graphic routine won't work either. Not sure what a good solution to that might but but I'm quite open to suggestions.

Posted: May 25th, 2005, 5:48 pm

thewatcher
thewatcher's Reps:
tallaron";p="65642 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
EQ2Service load error 5 Invalid procedure call or argument, retrying problem found!

In this file HarvestBot_Classes_v300.vbs I changed this line:
Set oLogFile = oLogFSO.OpenTextFile(LogFile, ForAppending, True)
Set oLogFile = oLogFSO.OpenTextFile(LogFile, ForAppending, False)
I changed True to false and started moving. Will set my buttons up and see how it goes. At least I'm moving now :lol:

There are 2 places where that line exists exactly in that format, did you change both of them or just one? if so which one? I find that if I change the first one in the Initialize routine it generates an error that is displayed in the log file (yea I know that sounds strange but it does make sense). I don't want to put out a version that you have to hack to get it to work so I'd like to resolve this once and for all. Oh, and I assume that you are generating a log file, yes?

Posted: May 25th, 2005, 7:32 pm

tallaron
tallaron's Reps:
It was the first one Watcher.

I'm still having problems with the nodes not getting harvest. I'm guessing it don't happen to you and others, but probably only with the people that have had this EQ2Service problem so I again am looking into the True, False problem. I'm guessing it might be confused with the new trivial code maybe.

Is there a VBScript update we could download so we all have the same version by Microsoft?

Posted: May 25th, 2005, 9:26 pm

sticks_karo

Total Posts: 3
sticks_karo's Reps: 0
I am having an issue with this script as well as all the previous scripts. My character just spins back and forth in a circle. I have gone through the ini veru thougherly and made sure all the key bindings are correct with what i have set in game. It seems to be having an issue getting a heading. Any help would be appreciated. If you need any more info pls ask.

***Problem solved***
Keyboard Turn Sensitivity slider needs to be all the way down.I noticed the turning towards headings is timed while reading the scripts. This is why i was just spinning in circles. slid it down and all is well.

Posted: May 26th, 2005, 6:11 am

redman
redman's Reps:
I couldn't get this working at all last night.

Tried the True/False switch, that got it to print the top 4 lines in the log before exiting. Well... The status bar at the bottom of the script window sais "all scripts stopped" but the yellow text saying press F12 to stop scripts shows that something is still running.

I tried inserting my own log statements and it seems to be dying in the processing of the ini file. This is NOT the DeleteMe thing.

Actually, it seems to die early in the processing of ini files without printing any error which seemed odd. I was messing with it for a bit then realized that today is big patch day which will break the service for sure so I'm just going to put this on the back burner until the new service is up.

If I may make a suggestion though, rather than the DeleteMe thing, configure the shipped ini file so that everything works straight out of the box against standard WASD controls and not using the hotkeys for harvesting. That way simple users can get using it easily without ever having to open the ini file.

RedMan

Posted: May 26th, 2005, 12:06 pm

thewatcher
thewatcher's Reps:
redman";p="65709 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
I couldn't get this working at all last night.

Tried the True/False switch, that got it to print the top 4 lines in the log before exiting. Well... The status bar at the bottom of the script window sais "all scripts stopped" but the yellow text saying press F12 to stop scripts shows that something is still running.

When you see this happen you need to check the XU log, the script aborted and XU thinks it's still running, let me know what the error is and I'll look into it.

redman";p="65709 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
If I may make a suggestion though, rather than the DeleteMe thing, configure the shipped ini file so that everything works straight out of the box against standard WASD controls and not using the hotkeys for harvesting. That way simple users can get using it easily without ever having to open the ini file.

Well, here's the thing, first I don't use the defaults, they suck terribly and have only been adopted by the general public because those are the default keys setup by the makers of DOOM when it first came out and has been used by them, and others, ever since. I use DSFC instead.

Having said that the task of packaging this archive for a release involves me changing all MY defaults to YOUR defaults in the ini file which aside from those keys I really don't know what you want them to be. Even if I did they would be different for every user.

Last but not least, I have put a HUGE number of hours into making this thing and I love doing it so that's no problem but if the user considers it too much bother to read through the INI file to set it up the way they want it and to find out what it can do for them instead of running with MY defaults then they would never realize that they can change this or that neat feature because they don't bother to look at the ini file? What a waste.

In short, if I can put a few hundred hours into making this, you can put an hour into reading the documentation and doing a basic setup.

One more thought, if someone REALLY wants to make this suggestion happen feel free to take my package, edit the INI file to what YOU think would be good defaults and post it as HarvestBotv###_StdDefaults.rar, I'm sure you will get lot's of downloads ... and complaints and of course you'll need to do it for every release that I make.

PS I'm waiting to see the damage from this major update before I release, I'd also like to persue this logfile issue a bit further before release to decide what exactly is causing problems.

Posted: May 27th, 2005, 4:52 am

tazman076

Total Posts: 169
tazman076's Reps: 1
Active User > 50 Posts
thewatcher";p="65693 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
phatfuture";p="65691 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):

Problem with too far away is that it doesn't record that to the log so I would have to integrate graphics routines to look for the message and anyone (like me) who has totally customized their interface with eq2.interface.com the graphic routine won't work either. Not sure what a good solution to that might but but I'm quite open to suggestions.

watcher you could have people set up x,y coords for the text that shows up with "to far away". Build the script with it checking x,y loc. Then when people set up the bot have them run the script to check the x,y loc and program it in. Simple enough to have the text come up. Just manually try to harvest something while your 10 feet away then mouse over where the text is popping up and write down the x,y coords plug them in to the script where you tell them to. Anyways in theory i think that should work for you if you wanted to add that feature.

Posted: May 27th, 2005, 6:27 am

redman
redman's Reps:
thewatcher";p="65737 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
When you see this happen you need to check the XU log, the script aborted and XU thinks it's still running, let me know what the error is and I'll look into it.

Ahhh right, for some reason I didn't think of checking that other log. I haven't played since that night yet so will check that log.

thewatcher";p="65737 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Well, here's the thing, first I don't use the defaults, they suck terribly and have only been adopted by the general public because those are the default keys setup by the makers of DOOM when it first came out and has been used by them, and others, ever since. I use DSFC instead.

Having said that the task of packaging this archive for a release involves me changing all MY defaults to YOUR defaults in the ini file which aside from those keys I really don't know what you want them to be. Even if I did they would be different for every user.

Last but not least, I have put a HUGE number of hours into making this thing and I love doing it so that's no problem but if the user considers it too much bother to read through the INI file to set it up the way they want it and to find out what it can do for them instead of running with MY defaults then they would never realize that they can change this or that neat feature because they don't bother to look at the ini file? What a waste.

In short, if I can put a few hundred hours into making this, you can put an hour into reading the documentation and doing a basic setup.

One more thought, if someone REALLY wants to make this suggestion happen feel free to take my package, edit the INI file to what YOU think would be good defaults and post it as HarvestBotv###_StdDefaults.rar, I'm sure you will get lot's of downloads ... and complaints and of course you'll need to do it for every release that I make.

PS I'm waiting to see the damage from this major update before I release, I'd also like to persue this logfile issue a bit further before release to decide what exactly is causing problems.

Fair enough. I've no prob making the changes er well... haven't in the past and once I get this bugger working for me no problem going forward. I'd have sorted it out the other night but I knew the patch was coming and that I would have been wasting my time due to that.

There's also some merit in making it harder to use to raise the bar of who can use it a bit. Making the install/setup trivial is a 2 eged sword:

- Its REALLY easy to set up, so no(well, fewer) confused posts about how it spins around in place or doesnt do this or that.... Instead you only see real problems that are worthy of attention. The kind of people that would have trouble changing the ini file are also very likely to be running default hot keys.

BUT

- Everyone and their pet monkey can run it and will. Of course there will still be lots that have made some changes from default keymapping and will have problems. However I'd suggest that ability to fix the ini is directly proportional to ability and desire to mess with the default keymappings in the first place.

My point really is that having an ini that uses the default key mappings would reduce the amount of questions who's answer is "did you edit your ini???"

Personally I'm excited as hell to get going with this more natural looking script... and to not have to devote a hotkey bar to it. Kudos for the hard work, it is much appreciated.

RedMan

Posted: May 27th, 2005, 7:02 am

thewatcher
thewatcher's Reps:
tazman076";p="65778 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
watcher you could have people set up x,y coords for the text that shows up with "to far away". Build the script with it checking x,y loc. Then when people set up the bot have them run the script to check the x,y loc and program it in. Simple enough to have the text come up. Just manually try to harvest something while your 10 feet away then mouse over where the text is popping up and write down the x,y coords plug them in to the script where you tell them to. Anyways in theory i think that should work for you if you wanted to add that feature.

In the entire time I've harvested it has happened once, is it worth it? how often is it happening for others?

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online