taultunleashed logoHarvestBot 3.00 is here : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions - Page 4
newtopic  postreply
 [ 74 posts ]  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
blue large dot

HarvestBot 3.00 is here : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions - Page 4

Posted: May 27th, 2005, 7:28 am

tazman076

Total Posts: 169
tazman076's Reps: 1
Active User > 50 Posts
wether it is worth it or not is a different question ;)

i simply supplied a possible solution :D

Posted: May 27th, 2005, 12:48 pm

phatfuture
phatfuture's Reps:
it happens alot in the feerrot, cause nodes are partially inside the trees (and trees are allover).

Posted: May 27th, 2005, 1:12 pm

tazman076

Total Posts: 169
tazman076's Reps: 1
Active User > 50 Posts
I'm going to wait to test the 3.0 once the service is fixed. Once i see how the logic handles the bad nodes i'll give my opinion on wether or not its needed. Only reason i could see it being needed is to make it seem just that much less bot like. Trying to harvest a node in a tree 3 times is very bottish

Posted: May 27th, 2005, 1:50 pm

redman
redman's Reps:
tazman076";p="65800 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
I'm going to wait to test the 3.0 once the service is fixed. Once i see how the logic handles the bad nodes i'll give my opinion on wether or not its needed. Only reason i could see it being needed is to make it seem just that much less bot like. Trying to harvest a node in a tree 3 times is very bottish

Actually not so much so. Many times have I clicked a few times on a node like this. Externally you would simply look like you were standing there same as a normal person would.

If you are harvesting in an area with trees, you are probably exibiting a lot worse bot like behavior as you run into trees and whatnot in any case.

RedMan

Posted: May 27th, 2005, 2:42 pm

thewatcher
thewatcher's Reps:
Actually I was considering going a different direction, instead of looking at the screen for the message look for a lack of any message from the log, which would mean we are effectivly just standing there doing nothing.

I would really like to resolve the log issue that caused the "EQ2Service load error 5 Invalid procedure call or argument, retrying." but since I can't reproduce it I need someone who is willing to assist by testing for me. Anyone willing? If not I may just add the above item, then release 3.10

Posted: May 27th, 2005, 3:21 pm

thewatcher
thewatcher's Reps:
Ok, I have added a check during harvesting that if no log entries, includeing tell etc.. in case you are chatting, have been made for 30 seconds the node will be marked bad and move on to the next node. Does this need to be in the INI or is a hard coded 30 seconds sufficient?

Posted: May 27th, 2005, 3:36 pm

redman
redman's Reps:
redman";p="65780 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):

Ahhh right, for some reason I didn't think of checking that other log. I haven't played since that night yet so will check that log.

Hmmmmm, how about:
(!empty($user->lang['CODE'])) ? $user->lang['CODE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'CODE'))):
Large amounts of what appears to be all the code echoed into the log file, then:
05/25/05 09:32:49 PM   Looking for 3rd Party Service for services\EQ2Service.Service
05/25/05 09:32:52 PM   SCRIPT ERROR:  Type mismatch: 'cBool'
Src:  Microsoft VBScript runtime error
Line:8 Error:0 Scode:800a000d
05/25/05 09:32:52 PM   Failed to Parse the Script.  Check it for errors.

This would correspond nicely with where my manually inserted log statements stopped working.... the first time it would hit a cBool would be:
(!empty($user->lang['CODE'])) ? $user->lang['CODE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'CODE'))):
Avoidplayers = cBool(oINI.GetVal("harvester", "AvoidPlayers", "True"))
oDebug.PrintLog "Avoid players:      " & AvoidPlayers, 1

and this avoid players log statement is the first one that didnt print to the log but should have.

There was discussion of a true/false switch with some library. I did the first one and got this far but never did the second one as I wasnt aware at the time that there were two to find.

RedMan

Posted: May 27th, 2005, 4:00 pm

thewatcher
thewatcher's Reps:
redman";p="65814 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Large amounts of what appears to be all the code echoed into the log file, then:
05/25/05 09:32:49 PM Looking for 3rd Party Service for services\EQ2Service.Service
05/25/05 09:32:52 PM SCRIPT ERROR: Type mismatch: 'cBool'
Src: Microsoft VBScript runtime error
Line:8 Error:0 Scode:800a000d
05/25/05 09:32:52 PM Failed to Parse the Script. Check it for errors.

If your interpretation was correct that would say this means simply that you have made the AvoidPlayers entry in the INI file something invalid, it must be either True or False, had you deleted or misedited the name AvoidPlayers it would have Returned it's default which is True and would not have generated that error.

But you misinterpreted and the actual line that it is complaining about is the DeleteMe line which you have made to something other than the valid entries of True or False.

redman";p="65814 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
There was discussion of a true/false switch with some library. I did the first one and got this far but never did the second one as I wasnt aware at the time that there were two to find.

This is why I hate to see and never post code fixes in the forums, trying to make fixes that aren't broken (as in your case) causes other problems and of course most people neglect to mention that they made these code fixes when they complain about things Breaking.

The error you reported in the quoted text has nothing to do with the code fix reported about the True False thing in the OpenTextFile line. They are completely unrelated.

When in doubt, reinstall the original code and start over.

Posted: May 27th, 2005, 4:20 pm

thewatcher
thewatcher's Reps:
redman";p="65804 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Actually not so much so. Many times have I clicked a few times on a node like this. Externally you would simply look like you were standing there same as a normal person would.

If you are harvesting in an area with trees, you are probably exibiting a lot worse bot like behavior as you run into trees and whatnot in any case.

You bring up a good point (and I agree with you that standing doing nothing is not botlike), I have been thinking about the 'evasive action' routines and the fact that they try to jump their way around trees, very effective but very botlike appearance... maybe an attempt at turning left or right while running first before trying to jump? I'll look into that.

Posted: May 27th, 2005, 11:28 pm

thewatcher
thewatcher's Reps:
Well Ive redone the evasion routines but can't test, it seems Wyvernx is having a few problems, maybe tomorrow. I won't put up the update without testing my changes.

Posted: May 27th, 2005, 11:36 pm

alchymist
alchymist's Reps:
All,

I'm having no trouble with the log file but did have to alter the classes file to get it to work. My only problem is the failure to get a valid zone

Logfile posts this before quitting

Zone undefined rink Exiting script!

Have attempted to alter the defaultzone, comment it out, etc but no luck.
I am assuming that the patch broke EQ2Service, poor Wy... that fellow is constantly battling those changes. Will wait for an EQ2Service update and try again.

Thanks to all for all you do to make this work

Posted: May 28th, 2005, 7:04 am

thewatcher
thewatcher's Reps:
Yea,that is probably also why you had to hack at the classes file to get it to work.

Posted: May 28th, 2005, 9:24 am

wyvernx

Total Posts: 6718
wyvernx's Reps: 21
administrator
premium
Service patched as of 5-28 zone name works again as well as a few other things...

Posted: May 28th, 2005, 1:49 pm

alchymist
alchymist's Reps:
Thanks Wyvern.. apreciate the effort

Posted: May 28th, 2005, 2:11 pm

thewatcher
thewatcher's Reps:
wyvernx";p="65861 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Service patched as of 5-28 zone name works again as well as a few other things...

Appreciate the hard work but until the mob info and find mob stuff works the harvest bots are down... but then you already know that.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online