taultunleashed logoOld EQ2Crafter Threads... : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions - Page 2
newtopic  postreply
 [ 116 posts ]  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
blue large dot

Old EQ2Crafter Threads... : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions - Page 2

Posted: December 20th, 2004, 2:04 am

Guest's Reps:
Hmm.. it might be the 64 bit problem. I'm not sure atm, looking into it.

Posted: December 20th, 2004, 4:00 am

zerokewl
zerokewl's Reps:
just installed it

running a abit nf7-s
3200+ barton CPU
3x 256mb ddr 333
geforce 5200 <---yes i know !@#$%^&* card had to lend it as my card died

Testing in 1024 windowed mode

w8ing for servers to come back up to test it cannot c there being problem tho :)

will edit results in :)

Posted: December 20th, 2004, 11:04 am

silvan
silvan's Reps:
A suggestion:

Currently the best method to crafting successful prestines is to cancel the process if you get failures prior to the blue (progress line) hitting the first grey line (finish crude). When im sitting there in front of this the only thing I do to make prestine on even con's 90% of the time is to use my progress buffs and cancel if I see a failure (durability drops significantly) prior to the progress line hitting the first grey line (finishing the first section - crude).

Since all you loose is the fuel when you kill it early vs almost never getting a prestine if you continue after an initial failure this method works great and fast.

Can you build in a check box to cancel the craft early if it detects a drop of say 15% of the top green bar while the blue bar is still less than 20% across the entire 4 sections. I think its better to use a constant for each based on the full bar because the little grey sectional bars will change as you advance. If those %'s were adjustable (perhaps you mark the threshholds prior to crafting) it would be even better. There is probably an optimal setting that someone could figure out to generate the highest % prestine with the lowest cancel rate.

Hopefully this made some sense. The end result would dramatcially improve the automation to produce more prestine items at a low cost (fuel).

BTW this works great on my system in windowed mode 1024x768 G4 5900 w/1GB RAM 2.4Ghz P3. Remember to set the fuel box on the initial crafting screen where you hit begin. This threw me for a few minutes when I first set it up.

Posted: December 20th, 2004, 3:17 pm

wyvernx

Total Posts: 6718
wyvernx's Reps: 21
administrator
premium
I have another update I need to get out.

It basically will pause the script if you move the mouse away from the begin button.

To resume, just move it back near the button.

I'll try to get this out tonight.

Also, fixed the bugged rank 1,2,3,4 status counts.

Posted: December 21st, 2004, 9:39 am

djvj

Total Posts: 272
djvj's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
darkfire5252";p="51145 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Sht, i tried to do this earlier and couldnt. For the life of me, i cant get windows to let me install something that hasnt passed logo testing (i have xp 64-bit) and this hasnt for that OS. any suggestions?

UPDATE: I installed the windows script host v5.6 for windows 2003 server, and the problem still occurs. the overflow kills EQ2, but not XU

dood get rid of 64-bit windows. As of right now 64-bit does not do ANYTHING for games. And I doubt you are really using any features of even having a 64-bit OS

Posted: December 21st, 2004, 3:10 pm

darkfire5252
darkfire5252's Reps:
Get rid of 64-bit windows? Nothing for games? Wow, if you have an nVidia, DL their 64-bit drivers and use XP64. It's an AMAZING difference in performance and quality. Cept for minor setbacks, I love it.

Posted: December 21st, 2004, 3:14 pm

darkfire5252
darkfire5252's Reps:
Huh, and I'd update the instructions a bit. I have been setting the fuel box in my inventory, on some fuel. Not the craft window. Lemme try that.

EDIT: It now moves the mouse to the begin button, and then overflows.

Posted: December 21st, 2004, 3:59 pm

equinox654
equinox654's Reps:
Yeah, Mine does the same thing yours does. It starts and clicks begin and then eq2 crashes.. If it helps, I have an athlon 64 too (though im not using windows 64-bit).

Posted: December 21st, 2004, 4:03 pm

darkfire5252
darkfire5252's Reps:
equinox654";p="51275 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Yeah, Mine does the same thing yours does. It starts and clicks begin and then eq2 crashes.. If it helps, I have an athlon 64 too (though im not using windows 64-bit).

Search for windows XP 64 for athlons on mircosoft.com, they're running a free beta of it, i'd reccommend it.

Posted: December 21st, 2004, 8:00 pm

wyvernx

administrator
premium
I'm adding some debug's to the code to help find the error and what is causing it. When I update it i'll get somebody that is crashing to send me their log.

Posted: December 22nd, 2004, 3:11 pm

arthgar

Total Posts: 25
arthgar's Reps: 0
Tring this on a new account wyver, Im experiencing problems with the mouse moving to the wrong spot on desktop, im placing the yellow box in the right place , but it clicks on the wrong part of the window and it moves the window when i put the window in the right place for it to hit the begin buttons, it moves the window a small amount so that after crafting for a few minutes the button is out of reach of the place the mouse goes.

Anyone else had a problem with this? If so please post.

Posted: December 22nd, 2004, 4:23 pm

wyvernx

administrator
premium
arthgar, dont move the mouse after you click start crafting on the plugin. That is a bug I'm fixing.

Posted: December 22nd, 2004, 9:21 pm

dionysus
dionysus's Reps:
Wyvern,
I'm probably missing something simple here but it never takes over crafting for me or it does so very badly. I follow the instructions (as best I can) and it either just fires off the buff in number 1 constantly or it eventually finishes the craft and nothing else happens (without it firing off any buffs or restarting the craft). One thing I'm not sure about from the instructions is when you begin the crafting or whether it is supposed to do that somehow. You don't mention the recipe window at all but the only way I've been able to get it to work (if you call using buff one constantly working) is by clicking start crafting then clicking the begin button. Is that right?
Thanks for all your work on this (even if I'm too much of a noob to get it working),
D

Posted: December 22nd, 2004, 11:31 pm

stillwater
stillwater's Reps:
Attemepted a Screen Shot, instantly crashed DX9

Posted: December 22nd, 2004, 11:44 pm

Admin

Total Posts: 1168
Admin's Reps: 4
administrator
premium
The screenshot crash is due to a bug in the compatibility mode that eq2 is running under. I will be addressing that in a future patch for xunleashed.

dionysus, do not move the crafting window at all once you click begin crafting.

Make sure your buff hotkeys are in 1,2, and 3 key positions. WHen the buff comes up, click the 1,2,or 3 keys that correspond to that buff. Do not press any other keys. It will learn what buff to then press.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online