taultunleashed logoItem Duping? : Guild Wars 2 Exploits guild wars 2 logotu winter contest 2012 nintendo wii
newtopic  postreply
 [ 8 posts ] 
blue large dot

Item Duping? : Guild Wars 2 Exploits

Posted: November 4th, 2012, 12:54 pm

molly702

Total Posts: 3
molly702's Reps: 1
So I am fairly sure this is currently possible, either that or some how im the luckiest guy in the world and I magically gained another Greatsaw.

What happened:
I dropped 20g on chests trying to get a skin and I got nothing. I decided since they were selling for roughly 35g I would go the safe route and buy (1). I purchased 1 and threw it in my bank to save for after Halloween. It remained in my bank for 2 days I took it out 1 time to link it to someone to preview the skin and I put it back in my bank after. Now the very next day I logged in and I noticed a greatsaw in my inventory at first I thought !@#$%^&* I got hacked why is my greatsaw in my inventory and not in my bank. I checked my sold/bought/selling on the TP nothing was there that I didn't do so I thought ok maybe I blacked out and forgot I withdrew it again, not likely... I ran over to my bank to deposit some materials to give to my alt and I noticed my greatsaw was indeed still in my bank.

TLDR: I magically gained a second greatsaw in my inventory over night while the one I purchased was in my bank.

Now how could this be possible?

Posted: November 4th, 2012, 1:47 pm

henrygale

Total Posts: 79
henrygale's Reps: 1
Active User > 50 Posts
anet probably rebooted the server or released a patch and you managed to relog as they done it.. doubt this could be replicated easily

Posted: November 5th, 2012, 3:20 am

fadeous

Total Posts: 264
fadeous's Reps: 727
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
In order t test this I would assume you would need you item n the location before the server goes down and before it kicks you move the items to a diff location and when you log back in after patching check to see if they duped

Posted: November 5th, 2012, 12:26 pm

djdakine

Total Posts: 25
djdakine's Reps: 1
man...so now when i'm doing the plinx run...and I see the server reset message..I need to TP back to LA to test this! Could be possible - I mean I sold that greatsaw skin for 65g...yesterday it was 39g. I mean if everyone was truly saving it to sell for mad gold after - why would you flood the market now? Unless there were truly that many skins made, and thousands of them were banked. Duping i'd think would be more realistic answer to the price fluctuation of a supposed rare item.

can you give more info? like were you running gZoom, or something that would put you out of sync with server?

Posted: November 6th, 2012, 3:26 am

henrygale

Total Posts: 79
henrygale's Reps: 1
Active User > 50 Posts
djdakine (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
man...so now when i'm doing the plinx run...and I see the server reset message..I need to TP back to LA to test this! Could be possible - I mean I sold that greatsaw skin for 65g...yesterday it was 39g. I mean if everyone was truly saving it to sell for mad gold after - why would you flood the market now? Unless there were truly that many skins made, and thousands of them were banked. Duping i'd think would be more realistic answer to the price fluctuation of a supposed rare item.

can you give more info? like were you running gZoom, or something that would put you out of sync with server?

Are you molly702 aswell?

Posted: November 6th, 2012, 9:40 am

djdakine

lol I had think about that question at first.

Posted: November 18th, 2012, 3:31 pm

molly702

Total Posts: 3
molly702's Reps: 1
The only notable thing I can say is I logged in and I was in the middle of the water which also made me suspicious I had been hacked. I wasn't running anything like gzoom or any mods nothing at all. I don't remember doing anything notable either besides taking the skin out of my bank to link it to someone and then putting it back in the bank. However the new skin appeared in an odd spot in my bags instead of being at the first open slot it was actually at the bottom where I had previously deposited my Chainsaw the Skeleton mini pet using the deposit all collectables button.

Sorry I can't be more help trust me I would love to be able to duplicate the process and make some money.

Posted: November 20th, 2012, 9:03 am

djdakine

you can send the items to someone - it will dupe it. I mailed 3 8-slot bags I had sitting in the bank to a guildie. It was just before the Lost Shore patch came up. After that long patch when I was able to finally get back online - I noticed the bags still in my bank. Thought to myself, I should've sent him better stuff - not that I was expecting it to happen - nor did I want to give him my 20 slots.

If you have close friends/guildies...you could probably test it out. It seems like everything is broken, and they're patching a lot lately.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online