taultunleashed logoHow to Bot without getting caught. : Guild Wars 2 Bots guild wars 2 logotu winter contest 2012 nintendo wii
newtopic  postreply
 [ 6 posts ] 
blue large dot

How to Bot without getting caught. : Guild Wars 2 Bots

Posted: October 1st, 2012, 12:28 pm

jfareal

Total Posts: 15
jfareal's Reps: 133
premium
Hey guys,

I'm currently writing a bot for GW2, that doesn't use memory scanning, but uses color/pixel detection. I've added the various random keypress/ down/release to input events, but i'm curious if there is more that I need to do to become undetectable by programmatic methods.

Cheers,
Joseph

Posted: October 1st, 2012, 2:17 pm

urguwno

Total Posts: 184
urguwno's Reps: 1120
premium
Use a random process name and window title.

From here I'll just shamelessly copy and paste from another site:

• Running the exact same bot non stop - obvious, no one will do a Sarkoth run for 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
  • Fast and continuously consistent run times - If your runs are the exact same time +- a few seconds all the time this will set of some red flags
  • Clicking the same pixel - if you only click in the same spot, or same small area (you have a random of +- 100 pixels), over and over your point density will be extremely consistent and easy to track.
  • Mouse moving in a straight line - nobody can move their mouse in a straight line, open a paint program and try draw a straight line, it's not possible at normal mouse movement speeds
  • Running to the same spot - if your char goes to the same spot every time you'll raise a flag
  • Doing things in the same order - if your char shoots left 2 seconds then right three seconds, then loots gems, then loots tomes, then loots rares, then loots magic, etc... the same each and every time it's obvious your running a bot.
  • Selling/repairing - if your selling empty squares, or repairing undamaged armor, and doing it each time you vendor, it's obvious your running a bot
  • Having the same program running each time you play - Some of the scripts make a random name for the app, but it's still possible to detect that Autoit or something similar is running each time you play.
  • Not looking at your gear - most scripts just sell as fast as they can, without ever "looking" at the loot

I'm sure there are less obvious things I'm missing but if the above were solved you probably would never raise a red flag.

To make a more effective bot you have to make the bot play the game not just run a series of scripts. Play the game and really watch how you play it, as you write your script make the script do the same thing you do. With that in mind here are few suggestions on addressing the above points.

• Practice self control, only run the script a few hours at a time, and not every day. Your gonna play after supper and your favorite show is over, start the bot before supper and the hour or two your show is on, then end it and play, and if you do the same thing every day, DON'T RUN THE BOT EVERY DAY AT THE SAME TIME!
  • Make the run 50 or so time manually, record your run time. The bot should spend the same amount of time making the runs that you do, and should spend the same amount of time on each screen. You also have to throw in some random breaks, like you ran to the bathroom, like your texting with a friend, things that would take your hands off the keyboard.
  • Don't click the same pixel, pay attention to where how you click while playing and make the script do the same thing, if you hold the mouse down and move it while your char is walking your bot better do the same thing,
  • Make the mouse move in a natural manner, think bezier curves, you can't move the mouse in a straight line, it's pretty much not possible for a human to do this. You also can't hold the mouse still, it needs to jitter slightly when you think your hand is at rest. It's only about 5 lines of code to see if your mouse is moving in a straight line, I believe this gives most bots away.
  • Watch where/how you run, you probably have lots of variability in where your clicking, your bot needs to have the same.
  • This one is obvious you need to shake things up, make your movements actions much more random. vary where you shoot and which weapons. Go to town and randomize the order of stashing, salvaging, and vendoring. When stashing randomize between gems, tomes and gear, Do them different orders each time, (including gems, don't treat them as gems as a whole but as 4 individual items)
  • Obviously don't try to sell empty squares, don't repair undamaged armor, forget to repair occasionally do things you would do when actually playing.
  • Disguise the program you are running, don't have anything in the title the same when you run it, NOTHING! it's 1 line of code to get a list of running apps, you can be sure Blizz is doing it.
  • When you get gear you look at it to see if it's any good. Your bot has to hover on the gear so it can "evaluate" it, a good bot would actually see if it's better than what you have and swap it out or at least stash it. Heck even stash a random item or two.

Posted: October 1st, 2012, 2:53 pm

jfareal

Total Posts: 15
jfareal's Reps: 133
premium
Thanks for the reply urguwno.

As of right now I've been writing the bot in C++/MFC ( even though MFC sucks ). I'm trying to get away with not having any scripts being used. Figured it'd be less obvious to the developers if I just created my own application, that way it's not a well known bot program.

I might try to do memory scanning, although I'll have to research into it. I figure i could do a lot more things if i had the character's XYZ position, and the position of entities within the immediate area. Actually, i'd need the characters rotation in world space so that i could push keys to the game to move him in the correct direction.

Maybe sooner or later I'll post the bot on here.

Cheers,
Joseph

Posted: October 1st, 2012, 3:20 pm

urguwno

Total Posts: 184
urguwno's Reps: 1120
premium
Here's some links that might help you.

How to make a Wow bot for complete newbs!
http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/world-of-warcraft/world-of-warcraft-bots-programs/wow-memory-editing/319172-guide-how-make-wow-bot-complete-newbs.html

Atan2 Player Rotation
http://wowdev.wikidot.com/atan2-player-rotation

Try to keep in mind that this is general guidance and you can apply it to most MMO's using any language.

Posted: January 20th, 2013, 6:56 pm

shurick47

Total Posts: 2
shurick47's Reps: 0
any luck?

Posted: January 23rd, 2013, 12:20 pm

Spitt

Total Posts: 745
Spitt's Reps: 718
premium
As far as ArenaNet is concerned, you also need to have your mouse NOT move to places in a straight line. So use some type of bevel command.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online