taultunleashed logoBan question : Guild Wars 2 Discussions guild wars 2 logotu winter contest 2012 nintendo wii
newtopic  postreply
 [ 4 posts ] 
blue large dot

Ban question : Guild Wars 2 Discussions

Posted: October 29th, 2012, 5:57 pm

mryuck

Total Posts: 137
mryuck's Reps: 21
premium
Ok...so I was running the clocktower and a few playes were jumping around the que area with what looked like low-gravity jump hack. When watching them jump during the puzzle- it looked like again, they were using the low-gravity jump. However, when reaching the fist jump-piece, it appeared as thought they all drifted off of the puzzle and were in the green mist. I could see them jumping there...but I remained 'on the puzzle'.

At any rate, after a few attempts, some of them asked me 'how are you jumping so far?' and 'how can you fail while using a hack?' I was using low-gravity jump.

My question is: assuming they turn me in, how long would it take for them to investigate then ban my !@#$%^&*?

Posted: October 29th, 2012, 7:34 pm

urguwno

Total Posts: 184
urguwno's Reps: 1120
premium
Many players get reported for "gravity" or "jump hacks" on the clock tower that are playing completely legit.

With that said, it's extremely unlikely that enough players filed a report that you rose to the top of ANET's priority list and a GM immediately came to observe.

Further, it's even less likely a GM showed up to observe prior to the annoyed player informing you that you were caught. (how nice of them!)

So, unless you put gZoom on "moon" gravity and were literally flying through the air so that they could capture a screenshot of it with the bug report (while simultaneously doing the clock tower jumps), I think you're probably OK.

With that said, I'm not aware of any delayed-blast bans. It pretty much happens within 30 mins for those whom I know have been caught.

Posted: October 29th, 2012, 7:44 pm

mryuck

Total Posts: 137
mryuck's Reps: 21
premium
good to know. I logged immediately after the encounter and wondered if they would really 'investigate' things or if it was more of a matter of catching them in the act.

urguwno (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Many players get reported for "gravity" or "jump hacks" on the clock tower that are playing completely legit.

With that said, it's extremely unlikely that enough players filed a report that you rose to the top of ANET's priority list and a GM immediately came to observe.

Further, it's even less likely a GM showed up to observe prior to the annoyed player informing you that you were caught. (how nice of them!)

So, unless you put gZoom on "moon" gravity and were literally flying through the air so that they could capture a screenshot of it with the bug report (while simultaneously doing the clock tower jumps), I think you're probably OK.

With that said, I'm not aware of any delayed-blast bans. It pretty much happens within 30 mins for those whom I know have been caught.

Posted: November 22nd, 2012, 2:55 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Yea its really hard to get reported for a jumping hack it seems. Pretty much you have to do it in a populated area to get banned. At least i never have.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online