taultunleashed logoHow to make gold buying and reselling rare dyes : Guild Wars 2 Guides guild wars 2 logotu winter contest 2012 nintendo wii
newtopic  postreply
 [ 3 posts ] 

Did this guide help you?
Poll ended at September 29th, 2012, 5:41 pm
Did this help you make money? 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
this this not help you make money? 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 2
blue large dot

How to make gold buying and reselling rare dyes : Guild Wars 2 Guides

Posted: September 24th, 2012, 5:41 pm

justuhhacking

Total Posts: 81
justuhhacking's Reps: 96
Active User > 50 Posts
Hey guys this is one of the ways i use to make gold and is pretty effective. Go into the black lion trading tab*I recommend being at one of the people doing this* go to trading post tab put in dye and then in filter you want to filter for rare then hit search then sort it by its price i usually go higher price to lower so highest price and then the more pages the lower it gets. You're going to want to find a dye that you can make about 8-20silver on with the place a custom order. So you will want look at what the lowest custom order is compare that to the lowest seller and you're going to want to be able to make a nice profit on it. Once you see there is a profit you got to take in the fact the listing fee and the %15 percent they take off the total when a sale is made. If you're still making a good profit after that place a custom order and put 1 bronze over the custom order that is cheaper than everybody else's. Now once you receive the item you will want to go to sell on trading post tab click on your dye and then select match lowest seller or list it 1 bronze under the lowest seller and then hit sell. Now take in fact people might lower their custom offer so pay attention and make sure to keep raising your custom order 1 bronze above what their's is so you are the highest buyer and will be most likely first to receive the dye. Now making money of this starts slow if you start lets say at 40silver it make take you a bit to reach 1 or 2 gold but once you reach the golds you will start making money faster cause you can buy more dyes at once and today i made about from 40 silver to 1 gold 50 silver and currently waiting on some dyes! Good luck and make the money!

Posted: September 26th, 2012, 8:30 am

hardsell

Total Posts: 703
hardsell's Reps: 1487
premium
kinda looks like this video:

How To Make Gold In Guild Wars 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wl3wZWnp-6w

but as usual people are arguing over the posters math concerning fees

(!empty($user->lang['QUOTE'])) ? $user->lang['QUOTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'QUOTE'))):

Purchases on the trading post must be made using coin and there are two fees applied to sales: 5% of the asking price to list and a 10% tax on purchase.

Fee notes

The listing fee is shown before you press the submit button, but the sales tax is not shown (neither in the sales window nor in the pickup window).
Both fees are mathematically rounded, i.e. fractions less than one-half a coin are rounded down; fractions above that are rounded up.

Rounding examples

Selling one item for 29 Copper coin should generate a 1.45 Copper coin listing fee; you pay 1 Copper coin instead.
Selling another item for 31 Copper coin costs 2 Copper coin, i.e. rounded up from 1.55 Copper coin.

Losing potential earnings

Be careful not to list for so little that you would take home less than you would get by selling the item to a vendor, i.e. never sell for less than ~20% more than the item's value. For example:

An item of 88 Copper coin can be sold on the trading post for 89 Copper coin, but this results in 76 Copper coin (after deducting 9 Copper coin for a successful sale and 4 Copper coin for the listing fee).
If offered for 1 Silver coin 26 Copper coin, you would take home 1 Silver coin 7 Copper coin, 19 Copper coin more than the price the vendor offers (after paying a sales tax of 13 Copper coin, listing fee of 6 Copper coin)

Posted: September 26th, 2012, 2:24 pm

justuhhacking

Total Posts: 81
justuhhacking's Reps: 96
Active User > 50 Posts
hardsell (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
kinda looks like this video:

How To Make Gold In Guild Wars 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wl3wZWnp-6w

but as usual people are arguing over the posters math concerning fees

(!empty($user->lang['QUOTE'])) ? $user->lang['QUOTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'QUOTE'))):

Purchases on the trading post must be made using coin and there are two fees applied to sales: 5% of the asking price to list and a 10% tax on purchase.

Fee notes

The listing fee is shown before you press the submit button, but the sales tax is not shown (neither in the sales window nor in the pickup window).
Both fees are mathematically rounded, i.e. fractions less than one-half a coin are rounded down; fractions above that are rounded up.

Rounding examples

Selling one item for 29 Copper coin should generate a 1.45 Copper coin listing fee; you pay 1 Copper coin instead.
Selling another item for 31 Copper coin costs 2 Copper coin, i.e. rounded up from 1.55 Copper coin.

Losing potential earnings

Be careful not to list for so little that you would take home less than you would get by selling the item to a vendor, i.e. never sell for less than ~20% more than the item's value. For example:

An item of 88 Copper coin can be sold on the trading post for 89 Copper coin, but this results in 76 Copper coin (after deducting 9 Copper coin for a successful sale and 4 Copper coin for the listing fee).
If offered for 1 Silver coin 26 Copper coin, you would take home 1 Silver coin 7 Copper coin, 19 Copper coin more than the price the vendor offers (after paying a sales tax of 13 Copper coin, listing fee of 6 Copper coin)

Yeah you got to take fees and such into consideration I have been making a good ammount of gold of this :D

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online