taultunleashed logoSimple and Easy leveling in a safe environment! [45-55] : Guild Wars 2 Guides guild wars 2 logotu winter contest 2012 nintendo wii
newtopic  postreply
 [ 10 posts ] 
blue large dot

Simple and Easy leveling in a safe environment! [45-55] : Guild Wars 2 Guides

Posted: January 5th, 2013, 7:40 am

zusezuse

Total Posts: 5
zusezuse's Reps: 6
premium
Tired of dying non-stop spending all that money on repairing your armor just so you can back and die and break it again attempting to 'farm' EXP? Well I have got a simple area where you can get pretty good EXP without dying, not even once!
(This location is not a great place to bot, use an auto-clicker, or any of that as there is a good amount of passing people)
(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))
How to get to it in words:
1) If you have them unlocked, which you should, then go to either [Refuge Peak Waypoint] or [Mistriven Waypoint].
(If you have not found them yet then just walk into Lornars Pass and follow the same path described)
2) Go directly SOUTH of either of those following the path that is the most big all the way down until you reach the portal.
3) Go through the portal to Kronargs Pass and walk on that main path all the way down tell you see a big pack of Dolyaks in the pen.
WALA your their!
Tips:
- Stay on the outside of the pen if you have the option as that is the main point of this. Use a bow or gun.
- Stay backed up from the fence as the Dolyaks randomly rush at you and hit you back.
- The Dolyaks aren't allowed to get out of the pen so as long as you stay away and shoot then you will never get hit.
- Stay on the backside of the pen near the icy hill to avoid Furflies and Wolves that occasionally come up to attack. (You will know what I am talking about when you get there :).
Conclusion:
Hope you enjoyed my first guide and I hope it helps out. This is not the BEST or QUICKEST way to get EXP but I find it easy for some EXP to go there randomly and get a good bonus even at my level of 65 when they are level 51(I THINK lol). You can get GREAT bonuses at level 45 maxing this max effective. Bonuses up to 250!
If you have any questions or need personal help then I can answer them in the comments or you can mail me. I would love a video of this and if someone could tell me the amount of EXP you get :). You will for sure be credited. THANKS FOR VIEWING!

Posted: January 5th, 2013, 2:27 pm

kami

Total Posts: 37
kami's Reps: 6
premium
Works a treat, possibly worth moving this to premium?

As a GS mesmer you can cast your phantasm berserker (AOE fighter) into them and he'll start bashing the lot, any AOE spells work well as they bunch up, flick between aggro/neutral so they don't hit phantasms often etc.

You can wipe them out fairly quickly but repop is fairly fast.

Posted: January 5th, 2013, 4:55 pm

zusezuse

premium
kami (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Works a treat, possibly worth moving this to premium?

As a GS mesmer you can cast your phantasm berserker (AOE fighter) into them and he'll start bashing the lot, any AOE spells work well as they bunch up, flick between aggro/neutral so they don't hit phantasms often etc.

You can wipe them out fairly quickly but repop is fairly fast.

Thanks for the testimony :). It means a lot as I personally found it. I am working on a new 45-60 guide which is fairly better EXP than this even. Thanks for the comment on how mesmers can kill them quickly too :).
SIDE-NOTE:
Engineers can use the flamethrower and kill them super fast. Using the main attack then the fireball it will wipe them out in no time, or possibly using the bomb kit and running through blowing them up causing tons of damage.

Posted: January 6th, 2013, 12:55 am

kami

premium
There's a heart and vista just up the hill too, heart is easy - if it's bugged just drink the beer and eat the meat as the water buckets sometimes bug.

Also handy place to sell loot from the Doyaks!

Posted: January 6th, 2013, 11:57 am

zusezuse

premium
kami (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
There's a heart and vista just up the hill too, heart is easy - if it's bugged just drink the beer and eat the meat as the water buckets sometimes bug.

Also handy place to sell loot from the Doyaks!

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that if you are getting all the loot it is okay money if your pretty poor. You get hooves by the dozen so :p.

Posted: January 7th, 2013, 1:47 am

kami

premium
Decent leather/ red meat drops for crafters too tbh. I have seen a few people in the area though so you're very right when you say no botting! It is a rather enjoyable fight though especially if you stay in the pen and dodge like a mad man!

Posted: January 9th, 2013, 5:43 am

mryuck

Total Posts: 137
mryuck's Reps: 21
premium
Anyone know what's the minimum level needed for this to be effective? I'm trying to level an alt (without using underworld exploring) so I can use him in the WvW JPs for badges (84 away from legendary!!). I took a level 10-ish toon here and he did zero-1 damage on the dolyaks.

Posted: January 9th, 2013, 12:01 pm

kami

premium
I did it earlier today on my level 51 Guardian, jumped in and had a blast. Obviously it'd be easier for ranged classes especially any with decent AOE spec. Melee classes can survive though, just need to duck and roll!

Must admit I had far more fun with melee doing it than ranges :D

Melee - probably reasonable gear and level 50+ unless you want to split the pack and only take 2/3 at a time.
Ranged - Probably reasonable gear and 49+

Posted: September 3rd, 2013, 2:57 am

know0negnome

Total Posts: 8
know0negnome's Reps: 2
premium
Decided to take some notes to do something productive while killing here's what I noticed.

Respawn time per Dolyak or group is 2 to 3 minutes
As a level 44 Warrior with Longbow of Fire for 20% crit on AoE killing 7 Dolyaks per group
gives:

Using no buff per dolyak I got 68 exp per kill bonus exp ranges 28-40
Auto attacking using rifle skill 1 on full hp doly 69 exp + 63 bonus next single doly gave no bonus exp, following that one bonus exp of 72 for doly with half hp killed. then 69 exp no bonus. Restarting with fresh spawn doly just auto attacking rifle 69 exp still no food bonus etc for exp on at the moment.Next doly gives 69 exp for next 4 dolyaks after 6 minutes of killing one by one. Ate tuning crystal for +10 exp per kill got 75 exp next kil was 75+13 bonus exp feels like it slows or halts with either food buff or length of time @ spawn. Ate second buff for added +10 exp/kill still @ level 33 auto attacking gives 81 exp for one doly kill

50% exp buff gives me 100 exp/kill 791 exp per group
Food and Crystal (+20 exp/kill) equates to 81 exp/kill or 567 exp per group
50% buff food and crystals give 113 exp/ kill or 791 exp every 2 or 3 mins for the group

Posted: September 3rd, 2013, 9:19 am

shark666

Total Posts: 54
shark666's Reps: 25
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
I missed this guide.
Still works, Thanks [+rep]

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online