top right

TU Chat | View unanswered posts | View active topics  

FoW Chest Run Guide : GW Guide Discussion

All times are UTC - 8 hours

[ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
parkin_m
March 13th, 2006, 5:42 pm 

Cash on hand: Locked
I have been chest running in FoW since I ascended My Warrior at level 4 - Even at lv 15, with the right skills Chest Running really is an easy thing to do!

The best character for running in FoW is Warrior/Monk. The high level of armor u have along with the added abilty to self heal out does any other character combination.

Chests in FoW spawn randomly, so it is impossible for anyone to tell you where they will be and the keys that you will need are obsidian Keys(1.5k from merchant).. 4 will be enough usually.

Note: a good trick is to buy keys from other players that dont need them (they only get 750g each from merchant, so picking them up for as little as 800g can be done :D )

******************************************************************************************************

Armourment:

I have found that it is best for me to take two sets.

A -2dmg + -3 while hexd Shield with a +5 armor fellblade gives me great defensive while running perfect for running past high level enemys.

I also like to take a smiting staff, (u might be thinking wtf but let me explain) The smiting staff has 10% recharge on all of my skills (when u get a half recharge time on sprint/charge/endure pain ur laughing!) +5 armor always and +10 energy.

For normal running I use the sword and shield, if i get into a problem with energy i just swap for the extra 10.

You want a superior absorbtion and a Sup Vigor if you have the cash for them, if not go with the majors, they are more than worth the money.

The best helm for this run is the Leuitennants help from the henge of denvrai (gives u 20% less hexed time - making smite hex not really needed imo)

******************************************************************************************************

A Basic Skill Set u will need compiles of:

Charge {E}
Sprint
Balanced Stance
Shields Up
Healing Signet
Endure Pain
Healing breeze
Rebirth

Attribs:

Max out your Tactics and get your heal area to about 100hp, use the rest for strength to increase the sprint time.

These skills are picked for a reason and I will explain how to use each effectively.

Charge {E} - Use jsut before a agro a group, giving u accelerated speed and the ability to dodgy attacks.

Sprint - use this to BREAK agro from the group (when u are in the middle running from a group, use this to escape)

Balanced Stance - this is for running past trolls, worms and hydra who can knock u down. A knock down will almost definately cause death, because you will get swarmd with enemys.

Shields Up - use this just before agro of a group, or when ur collecting items from a chest, the added armor is usefull to keep you alive

Healing Signet - when u need to heal urself and u have spent all ur energy on charge and sprint this will come in VERY usefull.

Endure Pain - my favour skill in the build. I use this BEFORE u agro a group. If endure pain ends u are left with 1hp which in this place is going to get u killed. I find it best to active before running in (giving u 200 or so extra health) when endure pain ends u are given back the rest of ur hp so u can take 199 damage and still be on full health when finished.

Healing area - a fast quick heal of around 100hp, whats best is that it will also heal other runners with you, if 4 ppl have it (not uncommon) then a heal of 400hp in one second is possible.

Rebirth - its a team run, u HAVE to res party members where u can if u want to make it to the end.

Note: I have not included hex or condition removal in this as there are very few places you will need it if u follow the guild properly. my experience has shown me i get alot further using the skill slots for other things.

Tactics:
THE SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT SKILL IN CHEST RUNNING IS AGRO

Agro: aggrovating an enemy or group of enemys by allowing the white circle around you character (on the map) to touch the dot of a monster.

If you dont agro anything, nothing will attack you. (obvisioly not all aggro will be able to be avoided u will need to run through ememys in some places,but if u can avoid its MUCH better to

How to do the run:
At the start of the run you spawn at rastagan. Move back onto the wall and wait for the other party members to load (and for the noobs to cast mending :P)

**enchantments here arent worth the bother because the mesmers will just rip it off**

From here u run right over the hill past the elementalists and the mesmers. Continue running straight at this point avoiding as much aggro as you can.

This will lead to a small break when u can heal up and regen if needed. u will now be looking to go down a big slope into the large open space where all the patrols of bonders and breakers are. here is where u will find the majority of the chests.

A PRO TEAM WILL HERE SPLIT UP. Search around looking for cheats in every direction and tell other members where they have found them. (Most chests are gold, some can be purple).

The areas are:
Forest (to the left)
Beach Way (to the right before the slope)
Forgemaster Place( to the right after the slope)
Dragon (Forward -(the back))
Passage to the Spider Cave (near the dragon on the right at the back)

After each area is checked and you have ur keys you all meet at the passage. *DONT FORGET TO RES THE FALLEN IF U CAN!**

U wont need directions for this bit as there is only one way to go:
Run past the hydra with charge and balanced, using endure pain for more hp. If u get a quick second slam on a heal area to help u and ur team mates (it wont matter that the enemy is healed because u wont be killing ppl!)

This will lead you to past a small lava river (which u walk throuh) and past a room with fire inside. There are two worms here and trolls, so dont forget your balanced stance. This will lead you to where the spider cave is where you will encounter poisen ( no point in removing as they will jsut add it again) just run run run and grab chests on the way... make it through the cave and you can break free onto the beach - PHEW!!

That would be how to chest run!

I havent included my ingame name, or I will get pesterd 24/7. If u want to ask something tho please feel free to here. Please understand btw that Im an experienced chest runner and i do use this build myself. If you dont agree with it thats fine, but i dont want to hear any newbie ppl flaming me.

Enjoy :)

the_dabhand
March 13th, 2006, 7:50 pm 

Dont use other peoples guides.

shanusone
March 13th, 2006, 7:53 pm 

LOL i do this and farm the spiders in the cave. i get shards and chests.

parkin_m
March 13th, 2006, 8:13 pm 

OMG....

Moderators, could you please ask the_dabhand to provide the guide that I "stole" this from. And then ban him for calling me a thief without reason when he cannot come up with one.

I am a pro Pve Player and guild leader of Divine Purity. I am sharing my knowedge with you because im a nice guy, dont dare be so rude.

Tault_admin
March 14th, 2006, 11:32 am 
administrator
administrator
Mod in Training

Cash on hand:

K well waiting for a link if there is one.

the_dabhand
March 16th, 2006, 1:09 pm 

Well I will go get it, Im sure I read the same guide elsewhere (but this one has been put together with other guides if you follow me)

First of all, if this guy says he is the writer of such guides, why would he be so brilliant at English by using the word "you" and "your" and then in following sections of his guide it mysteriously turns to "u" and "ur"

But again im sure this was posted on guru or another forum I visit. I will search since its been a while.

Oh and just so you know:

"A -2dmg + -3 while hexd Shield with a +5 armor fellblade gives me great defensive while running perfect for running past high level enemys."

Is no use.

While enchanted is much better.

the_dabhand
March 16th, 2006, 1:25 pm 

parkin_m (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
And then ban him for calling me a thief without reason when he cannot come up with one.

OMG OMG OMG OMG /end sarcasm

Ban me for what I believe is a stolen collection of guides from other forums?

Oh Lordy.

firekil
March 16th, 2006, 2:11 pm 

Dabhand, would u please provide reasons in all your eternal wisdom as to why an -dmg whiel enchanted shield is better than -dmg while hexed? and also, please do not double post.

PS: would u already provide a link, to the already written gude on guru? Im pretty sure this guy didnt steal anything and maybe the reason it turned from your to ur is that it took him a long time to write this guide so he slacked off a little at the end? Just giving him the benefit of a doubt :D.

shanusone
March 17th, 2006, 10:57 am 

I tend to not use enchantments in fow because just about every mob has a mesmer or necromancer in it that can strip your enchantments off. Shatter enchantment does 100 dmg whereas with no enchants they don't use shatter. i use the collectors carapaces... both stance and hexed

the_dabhand
March 17th, 2006, 5:02 pm 

firekil (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Dabhand, would u please provide reasons in all your eternal wisdom as to why an -dmg whiel enchanted shield is better than -dmg while hexed? and also, please do not double post.

PS: would u already provide a link, to the already written gude on guru? Im pretty sure this guy didnt steal anything and maybe the reason it turned from your to ur is that it took him a long time to write this guide so he slacked off a little at the end? Just giving him the benefit of a doubt :D.

I do give people the benefit of the doubt, as for double posting check out the reason in another thread.

The guide was familar in wording to one ive read, but trying to find it on guru when the search is down is like a needle in a haystack. But I will try and find what I read but this was weeks ago.

If I cant find it, then I will apologise to the guy, but I still stand on the fact its very possibly been rewritten from an existing guide.

For the reason of the shield, your more likely to come up against non-hex mobs in FoW than hex-able mobs.

So it would be best to have enchant since you will have some sorta enchant on most of the time, be it sprint, mending etc

shanusone
March 17th, 2006, 6:29 pm 

i dont think you understood.... his shield -3 dmg while hexed... that would be mobs with hex casters which there are alot..

Zone in:

Shadow Mesmers (mesmer)
Shadow Beasts (necro)

The plains area:
etherbreaksers (mesmer)

burning forest:
Ancient Skales (necro) (life transfer |E|

Area by tower of strength
Shadow Beasts
Shadow Mesmers

Spider cave
Doubters Dryders

Beach Area
Doubters Dryders
Ancient Skales.

the_dabhand
March 18th, 2006, 1:29 am 

I know what the mod is.... For the chest runs ive been on, you mostly run into non-hex mobs (since you will avoid hexers if need be unless chest is near them)

firekil
March 18th, 2006, 4:52 am 

Are u kidding me? Im hexed 24/7 if I'm running through a mob and enchantments just make you receive 100 dmg. A -2/stance -3hexed is way better than any enchantment shield.

shanusone
March 18th, 2006, 6:29 pm 

sprint is a stance

i run with the collectors carapaces....both stance and hexed depending on where i am decides which i am using.

the_dabhand
March 19th, 2006, 10:05 am 

So is battle rage a stance, but its somehow considered an enchantment also, try it out with a +hp while enchanted shield.

[ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next