All times are UTC - 8 hours

[ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
farts_mcgee
September 14th, 2005, 4:32 pm 
Active User > 50 Posts
Active User > 50 Posts

Cash on hand:

AND TO MAKE THIS FINAL:

NO YOU CAN NOT MAKE WHITE DYE IN GUILD WARS.

blackop7
September 15th, 2005, 1:02 pm 

Cash on hand: Locked
doccorp (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Thank you, would love a little apology from BLACKOP7. The color White is the lack of color, hench...COLORLESS.

I apologize if it sounded like I was flaming, but not for the info I gave. Black is the lack of color becuse black occurs when their is no light. Color is caused by light reflecting of objects, and an objest is a certain color because it absorbs all the others. If something reflects no colors it is black. White light carries colors so if something reflects all the colors it just remains white.

http://webexhibits.org/colorart/bh.html
http://www.fi.edu/color/color.html

da dutchy
October 29th, 2005, 2:56 pm 

their are some way to make some weaps look a bit whiter then they normaly are...

use silver dye on a bone staff and look at the change off color :)
no need for dye remover on that one ;)

white light is a bundle off all collors, a white or silver underground will deflect this bundle off light and consume less off thus collors in that white light bundle.
black underground will consume all the light what is shining on it, leave nothing to deflect from it and the lack off light will show it as black.
red, blue and yellow are the primary collors, but some old tv use the colors red, blue and GREEN. it can make yellow out off it, but it is a ugly kinda yellow.

deadlyblowfish
October 30th, 2005, 2:58 pm 

Cash on hand:

aye, this is an old topic, but i you can produce verry white chaos axes.

chingaling
November 8th, 2005, 10:09 am 

Yes you can make white dye. 2 silver Dyes and a Black Dye makes a white dye.

kfor247
November 11th, 2005, 7:21 pm 

ericd014 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
does anyone know if there is actually a way to make white dye, or if it even exists?

someone told me mix up the colors orange(or yellow) and 3 times silver looks almost like white

r3dn3ck
December 4th, 2005, 5:34 am 

I heard that mixing together silver & yellow is the closest thing to white.

winfast
December 25th, 2005, 7:09 pm 

I did see a monk in ember light camp with white armor, i kept askin how she did it but wouldnt reply grrrrr.

gumpei
January 3rd, 2006, 7:10 pm 

Mix Silver+Yellow+Silver et it makes a nice shade of white, et tis cheaper than with black. Here's a pic of my necro with it.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

heavycannon127
January 7th, 2006, 6:09 pm 

my guildees looked into this after we finally were bored enough to get the money for dyes.

for tatoos/scar patterns: it is impossible to get white with a white skinned character, using silver will (depending on shade of skin) get you a light grey or bluish. but using silver+yellow or silver+orange on a dark skinned character's tatoos will give you the closest shade to white possible. and considering it's contrasted against dark skin it will have the appearence of pure white.

for CLOTH related armor: please note using these combinations on armor other than clothy based armor such as platemale, wyrven, tatoos, and some necro goth junk will have a different effect.

before starting make sure you use dye remover on every piece of armor if it has been dyed before.

ok now the combination for clothy whitish dye is either yellow+silverx3 or orange + silverx3 it depends on what type of color your armor is without dye. I found that most ranger armors look good with the orange mixed in and that monk armor (specially the 15k types) look good with the yellow.

this will give you the closest possible color to white. the only difference between it and true light is how it reflects light from other sources in the game. If it is very bright out it will appear a light silver such as in the desert or shiverpeaks. In a dark area it will appear slightly darker than true white. Anyway to those of us who tested the dyes those were the best choices we could come up with. Feel free to smack me in the face with a better combination should one appear.

(i'll try and put up a picture of white dyed armor soon)

heavycannon127
January 8th, 2006, 10:40 am 

k here's what my monk looks like with the following combination
1. double click a silver and apply it to a yellow
2.add another silver to the new mixture
3.add the last silver

so silver yellow + silver + silver

(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

dave3030
January 11th, 2006, 4:56 pm 

Heavycannon127, one silver looks more white with collectors monk armour in my opinion. I think this is one of the closest to white armours in the game.
(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

heavycannon127
January 12th, 2006, 4:39 am 

dave3030 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Heavycannon127, one silver looks more white with collectors monk armour in my opinion. I think this is one of the closest to white armours in the game.

you're right that looks pretty good. I think the reason that collector's looks the most white is because it has a very large area being dyed, where most of the other ones the dye only acts as an accent. Anyway i've never gotten collector's armor for my monk so i'm kind of clueless as to how the dye system works for it.

PS: i guess the bluish tint in your armor is from the IDS?

brandonw231
February 25th, 2006, 7:03 pm 

white is not actually a color, neither is black. You cant make black dye it has to drop. and you cant make white dye and it doesnt drop. but if u find some white dye tell me about it

leet haxors
March 9th, 2006, 10:11 pm 

*Cough* Yellow YEllow Yellow Silver *Cough*

Clsoe as you'll get I heard rumors white is made with black but it makes no sense

[ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next