top right

TU Chat | View unanswered posts | View active topics  

white dye? : GW Guide Discussion

All times are UTC - 8 hours

[ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
ericd014
August 16th, 2005, 1:24 pm 

Cash on hand: Locked
does anyone know if there is actually a way to make white dye, or if it even exists?

bammargera
August 16th, 2005, 2:08 pm 

nop no such way

think of it

in real life can u make white from colors?

8)

check this link for a list of lots of colors

http://www.taultunleashed.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=23470

ericd014
August 16th, 2005, 2:25 pm 

i didnt think so, and about the real life part. can you cast magic, or do most of the stuff you do in guild wars in real life?

tault_danceofthedead
August 16th, 2005, 5:31 pm 

yes, I have been known to throw objects at people from acrossed the room with my mind, also when I dance I get this glittery light that falls from my hands, and all the lighting in florida... All me.

carefoot
September 2nd, 2005, 6:32 pm 
Active User > 50 Posts
Active User > 50 Posts
premium

Cash on hand:

bammargera (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
nop no such way

think of it

8)

yes actually, white is just all 3 of the primary colors: magenta amber azul or more commonly called red yellow and blue

but this does not work for pigments (paints and such) so you could not make a white dye from the dyes with primary colors. i just felt smart, i stayed at a holiday inn last night...

deadlyblowfish
September 3rd, 2005, 2:03 pm 

Cash on hand:

tault_fireworks (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
bammargera (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
nop no such way

think of it

8)

yes actually, white is just all 3 of the primary colors: magenta amber azul or more commonly called red yellow and blue

but this does not work for pigments (paints and such) so you could not make a white dye from the dyes with primary colors. i just felt smart, i stayed at a holiday inn last night...

Technically you might be able to get white dye if you mixed all the dyes into a wash. although you would probably get the pigment problem.

tault_greybok
September 10th, 2005, 4:58 pm 

Why not just start as an albino and dont wear any armor...lol

deadlyblowfish
September 11th, 2005, 5:30 am 

Cash on hand:

Tault_greybok (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Why not just start as an albino and dont wear any armor...lol

It defeats the purporse.

doccorp
September 12th, 2005, 3:50 am 

Actually the color WHITE is the LACK of color, or pigments, as in albino, they are white because they do NOT have any pigments. So there is NO way to get WHITE by mixing colors.

blackop7
September 12th, 2005, 4:15 pm 

doccorp (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Actually the color WHITE is the LACK of color, or pigments, as in albino, they are white because they do NOT have any pigments. So there is NO way to get WHITE by mixing colors.

Now, think about what you just said, white is the lack of pigment, but yet when you shut your computer down or cut off the monitor, the screen is black, DUH!!!! Second of all, don't go in say "well in real life whit is lack of color", cuz black is lack of color, tha's why things go pitch black when there is absolutely no light in an area.

dustinmroberts
September 12th, 2005, 7:16 pm 

(!empty($user->lang['QUOTE'])) ? $user->lang['QUOTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'QUOTE'))):
Now, think about what you just said, white is the lack of pigment, but yet when you shut your computer down or cut off the monitor, the screen is black, DUH!!!! Second of all, don't go in say "well in real life whit is lack of color", cuz black is lack of color, tha's why things go pitch black when there is absolutely no light in an area.

actually...black is the absence of light...not color...there is a difference...and there's a rumor going around that if you dye your stuff silver and use 3 dye removers on it it'll look white...haven't tried this yet...but it might be something to look into

deadlyblowfish
September 13th, 2005, 8:31 am 

Cash on hand:

dustinmroberts (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
(!empty($user->lang['QUOTE'])) ? $user->lang['QUOTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'QUOTE'))):

actually...black is the absence of light...not color...there is a difference...and there's a rumor going around that if you dye your stuff silver and use 3 dye removers on it it'll look white...haven't tried this yet...but it might be something to look into[/quote

surely white dye would be mroe of a bleach?

dustinmroberts
September 13th, 2005, 11:37 am 

I'm not quite sure...all I was saying is that I heard that somewhere but haven't been able to test it out...so I thought I'd share just in case somebody wanted to try it...and just to clear things up...

black

1. Being of the color black, producing or reflecting comparatively little light.
2. Having little or no light

white

1. The achromatic color of maximum lightness; the color of objects that reflect nearly all light of all visible wavelengths.
2. Being of the color white; devoid of hue, as new snow. (ie colorless)

deadlyblowfish
September 14th, 2005, 12:20 pm 

Cash on hand:

dustinmroberts (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
I'm not quite sure...all I was saying is that I heard that somewhere but haven't been able to test it out...so I thought I'd share just in case somebody wanted to try it...and just to clear things up...

black

1. Being of the color black, producing or reflecting comparatively little light.
2. Having little or no light

white

1. The achromatic color of maximum lightness; the color of objects that reflect nearly all light of all visible wavelengths.
2. Being of the color white; devoid of hue, as new snow. (ie colorless)

I didnt mean to crit your suggestion man, btw what dictionary site did you use for your black and white definitions? i could do with one that doesnt insert all that crap about dictionary types etc.

doccorp
September 14th, 2005, 1:18 pm 

Thank you, would love a little apology from BLACKOP7. The color White is the lack of color, hench...COLORLESS.

[ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next