taultunleashed logo1.0? : LOTROExtreme - Page 2
newtopic  postreply
 [ 55 posts ]  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
blue large dot

1.0? : LOTROExtreme - Page 2

Posted: August 4th, 2007, 2:48 pm

narniac
narniac's Reps:
for the love of god, just release it already!

Posted: August 5th, 2007, 8:07 am

wayward
wayward's Reps:
ultimately I guess the question is, which is worse?

1) to run the risk that someone hacks your precious bot framework?
2) to have no product at all to sell and a handful of dissatisfied customers?

personally i feel ripped off.

Posted: August 5th, 2007, 8:13 am

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
The first one actually. Because we have something that will make it up to customers easily.

Posted: August 5th, 2007, 11:11 am

zelindar1
zelindar1's Reps:
You keep saying that but for goodness sake show us the money! Honestly, I am trying to be patient but hearing how wonderful your program is has grown stale. SURELY there can be SOME kind of timeframe announced. Are you anticipating a release any day? Mid-August? September sometime? How many times can you say "we have something stupendous for you" "it works flawlessly" "OMFG we are so amazed at what we have you won't believe it" etc etc etc and then stonewall for months about a ballpark release date before you lose even your diehard fans? So please, for your own sake, stop telling us how great it is unless you have some concrete information about a release date. Your responses are starting to fall on deaf eyes. Say what
?? I can't hear you!

Posted: August 5th, 2007, 12:13 pm

antareus

Total Posts: 297
antareus's Reps: 11
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
zelindar1 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
You keep saying that but for goodness sake show us the money! Honestly, I am trying to be patient but hearing how wonderful your program is has grown stale. SURELY there can be SOME kind of timeframe announced. Are you anticipating a release any day? Mid-August? September sometime? How many times can you say "we have something stupendous for you" "it works flawlessly" "OMFG we are so amazed at what we have you won't believe it" etc etc etc and then stonewall for months about a ballpark release date before you lose even your diehard fans? So please, for your own sake, stop telling us how great it is unless you have some concrete information about a release date. Your responses are starting to fall on deaf eyes. Say what
?? I can't hear you!

Trust me, these kinds of "comments" do not help the developer(s) whatsoever.
Also, might I remind you that lotroextreme is still currently being developed for free by wyvernx ( who has graciously offered his time to develope programs such as lotroextreme ), and that the current updates to the program are being put into place for security reasons? Anyway do you honestly think that anyone would want to promote a special program for their site, if they know that its going to be cracked open and used/sold by competiting sites? Ofcourse not, you would want to make sure that its secruity is tight as possible to ensure that no one else gets their greedy hands on your work and that your customers arn't cheated of their money. If a little downtime is what it takes to ensure this then tault_admin, wyvernx and everyone else involved in the project, has my full support.

Posted: August 5th, 2007, 2:54 pm

zelindar1
zelindar1's Reps:
(!empty($user->lang['QUOTE'])) ? $user->lang['QUOTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'QUOTE'))):
Trust me, these kinds of "comments" do not help the developer(s) whatsoever.
Also, might I remind you that lotroextreme is still currently being developed for free by wyvernx ( who has graciously offered his time to develope programs such as lotroextreme ), and that the current updates to the program are being put into place for security reasons? Anyway do you honestly think that anyone would want to promote a special program for their site, if they know that its going to be cracked open and used/sold by competiting sites? Ofcourse not, you would want to make sure that its secruity is tight as possible to ensure that no one else gets their greedy hands on your work and that your customers arn't cheated of their money. If a little downtime is what it takes to ensure this then tault_admin, wyvernx and everyone else involved in the project, has my full support.

First of all, I'm not making a comment about the developers. I'm saying by this time there should be SOME idea when paying subscribers can expect SOMETHING. It's just getting old to continually hear YES it exists, YES it's great, blah blah... I work for a large IT department and if we strung our deployment timeline out like this has been, we'd all be looking for new jobs.

Yes, we all know Wyvernx does this for free. Maybe LOTROextreme shouldn't be depend on a volunteer to be do take care of this. I respect him greatly and am not making a comment about him - but someone is making money from premium memberships and it seems rather odd that when we (premium members) question the lengthy delay in a working release, it's pointed out that a volunteer is doing the work and we need to be patient.

I apologize if I am too blunt but we HAVE been waiting a rather long time and it doesn't help the Powers-That-Be to stonewall about where they are in the process of getting 1.0 ready. Like I said earlier, mid-August? September sometime? Christmas? SURELY there has to be SOME kind of timeline. If not, then tell us you have no idea whatsoever. Sounds reasonable doesn't it?

Posted: August 5th, 2007, 3:46 pm

amu9308

Total Posts: 128
amu9308's Reps: 3
Active User > 50 Posts
What I don't understand is why they didn't just fix the offsets in the .90 release so that at least the radar was working.

Posted: August 5th, 2007, 8:03 pm

dildog
dildog's Reps:
Is it possible to get a Feature Sheet and some Screen Shots? or Possibly what the Suprise incentive is for people that.. did have the account propr to release.. I personally am completely able to be patient but to drop the Debates and Sooth the conflicts is there any way to release the to-date progress or specs in some fashion?

Posted: August 5th, 2007, 10:36 pm

kim2222
kim2222's Reps:
i came from using wow glider,the support and info there is great,if blizzard change something then glider is usualy down for a day or 2.
i quit wow some time ago for lotro (since beta).

i did a search google for ltro bots,and your website came up,it advertised bots for lotro.nowere did it say these bots are currently not working or you have to learn to programe them yourself until you got my money and i found out for myself.i saw lotroexterme was in development so i thought ok i will wait a while.so you got my subcription fee.now 3 months later and lotro extreme is still not here,im a pateint man
but this is now getting rediculious,and dosent inspire much confidence in the ability to get it working promtly(once and if you ever do) again should turbine
change any offets ect.....

Posted: August 6th, 2007, 10:55 am

wyvernx

Total Posts: 6718
wyvernx's Reps: 21
administrator
premium
I am just getting back to working on this. This is my own app. It is not TaultUnleashed's. I offer it to TU members because I want to, not because I have to. This is one reason I have been considering moving it to my own site and charging for it seperatly. Which I might do for the next release to stop these kinds of posts. No I dont have an ETA, but I do have a couple of people that have tested the next beta and it is very close to a public release.

Part of the problem Is that I had to do a total framework conversion to move from a stand alone app to a injected application to make it harder for crackers. These kind of things take time. These kinds of problems you run into during a beta. Thats why its a beta and not a final release. To find the things that need major changes before a general public release. That said, the next version will be the 1.0 release and I cant forsee any long term problems bothering it again in the future.

Posted: August 6th, 2007, 11:02 am

Tault_admin

administrator
Mod in Training
For the last time ill post the things we have.

- Wyv creates scripts and is not an employee of the site. He wanted to release this and so we helped.

- A site was stealing some of the stuff from us and selling it as their own. That is why you dont see any other LOTRO Bots they tend to steal everything from us.

- Wyv is recoding things for the entire bot to add in security. Redone how it hooks to the game ect ect. Plus side this will make using it much better.

- We aren't scamming people we allow the site to be freely viewed for all without joining, furthermore we offer refunds if people want. I know i have said when it might be released just things come up and that is what holds things back. The offset problem wont be there with this don't worry. Its not a case of if the game updates it will be down again. The main problem is redoing most of the entire bot for a release.

- Also we do have a version that is fully working it doesn't have the protection we need to release it to the community so thats the only problem. We have some beta testers we have with secured sources that are testing it but thats all i can say.

- You seem to blame us for having the bot down. But frankly we are tried of junk sites stealing our work claiming it as their own and then people say things like you can find this stuff for free at xxxx.com when in actuality it was here first and just stolen. Blame those people that have forced us to take these new measures to ensure the stuff isnt taken.

NOTE FLAMING AND JUST SAYING JUNK COMPLAINING DOESN'T DO SQUAT. YOU WILL GET WARNINGS FOR JUST COMPLAINING I KNOW ITS BEING WORKED ON AND WE WANT IT OUT. THAT IS ALL.

Posted: August 8th, 2007, 6:31 pm

tautau
tautau's Reps:
Nice... my post got deleted (and no, I wasn't just complaining about it not being ready)

Posted: August 8th, 2007, 8:31 pm

Tault_nefarious403

Total Posts: 32
Tault_nefarious403's Reps: 3
premium
Don't worry, so did mine, and I didn't even name any specific sites.

Posted: August 9th, 2007, 6:33 pm

Tault_admin

administrator
Mod in Training
Responded to both of you as to why.

Posted: August 10th, 2007, 7:41 am

Tault_nefarious403

Total Posts: 32
Tault_nefarious403's Reps: 3
premium
At least there's one active thread on the LOTRO forums.. I was really hoping to get more tips/exploits/tools out of my sub!

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online