taultunleashed logo1.0? : LOTROExtreme
newtopic  postreply
 [ 55 posts ]  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
blue large dot

1.0? : LOTROExtreme

Posted: July 29th, 2007, 8:19 pm

narniac
narniac's Reps:
I check this site everyday, I'm very excited and in anticipation of the radar for LOTRO. When should we expect it to be released?

Posted: July 30th, 2007, 2:40 am

amu9308

Total Posts: 128
amu9308's Reps: 3
Active User > 50 Posts
Next Friday. Not sure which next Friday...but Next Friday.

Last edited by amu9308 on July 30th, 2007, 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: July 30th, 2007, 3:39 am

zelindar1
zelindar1's Reps:
amu9308 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Next Firday. Not sure which next Friday...but Next Friday.

Heh good one narniac. I've been a premium member off and on for years and have been waiting quietly for SOMETHING to released for a long time now. While I understand the need to make sure the ducks are all aligned with the moon and the cart doesn't run over the pony, the lack of a release date of week, or month is growing stale.

I humbly urge the Powers That Be be honest when questions are asked by interested posters. Nothing ever works "flawlessly" and there IS no LOTROExtreme at this time.

To those interested in lotroextreme, pay now for the opportunity to check daily for a long-anticipated release of 1.0 or hold your money until you hear from premium members that 1.0 is out, works for the most part, and is worth your money. The forums are "nice" but we all know the paying members are here for the programs and apps.

That said, I still wait patiently and look forward to the radar feature. That's what I'm here for.

Posted: July 30th, 2007, 7:32 am

karich

Total Posts: 3
karich's Reps: 0
Amen Zelindar1

I am sure patience is running a little short but I am sure they are trying to make a quality product with as little issues as possible. I applaude that and totally understand. I am looking forward to the release but am still playing and enjoying Lotro totally as the rest I am sure are. I would offer help but I am a Systems Enginner not a programer so would be in the way more then not.

Dont pay till its out and if you like it then put up the cash. Anyway CYA all in the game and most of all HAVE FUN.

This is from an Old Codger :P

Posted: July 30th, 2007, 8:32 am

snickers1976
snickers1976's Reps:
This is the second website I have paid money for that does nothing more than send it's members in circles searching for a product or product documentation that isn’t going to be found or produced. I have downloaded Exhume and Xunleased. Both products either hide their usage documentation very well or have a webpage that states, "product documentation under construction."

I am not a programmer, but very fluent in scripting languages for numerous macro applications. If I could find some damn documentation for exhume or xunleased, I'd be happy to write some scripts and share.

I would bet the farm that this website is nothing more than a "wait and see" website that offers its customers "hope" and nothing more.

I have also noticed that EQ2 section of this site still offers promises. EQ2 has been out for 4 years.

The last website I joined would have instantly kicked a member for posting anything negative about the site itself. Not only that, the usage of its products guaranteed a kick and ban from the game; and that product claimed to be undetectable.

I hope that I am wrong and LOTROExtreme will be released before I switch to playing Conan.

Posted: July 30th, 2007, 8:46 am

paxenon
paxenon's Reps:
These guys did some good work for EQ2 back in the day, so I have tried to be a patient customer... But I must say that I wish at this point that I did not renew my subscription recently as the "right around the corner" spiel is really getting old.

It's been what, months now, and we've seen nothing but .9 that doesn't even work.

To the staff here - you guys have done good work in the past so people are willing to be patient, but you need to realize we are customers and don't tell us "one more week" if there is a chance it might turn into "one more month"

Posted: July 30th, 2007, 9:26 am

zelindar1
zelindar1's Reps:
Yep, I came to XUnleashed from EQ2 years ago. Back then, the radar feature was an extremely useful tool - a bit of a pain if you use AMD processor but they created a work around. It was buggy but most things are. I'm hopeful that a radar app will work in LOTRO soon.

As for documentation, I have to agree that - for the most part - the "how to" is generally obfuscated and hard to find. If you do find it, it is written for programmers and not the layperson. If you don't know scripting only the very basic function is usable (again radar comes to mind).

That being said, I don't believe that website "is nothing more than a "wait and see" website that offers its customers "hope" and nothing more. " I'm still waiting for the 1.0 release before I make any judgment about that. In the past they've worked hard to keep the EQ2 apps going.

Posted: July 30th, 2007, 10:44 am

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
LOTROExtreme works. I have used it. It needs some extra protection as i said earlier. While we where making it we worked on the XU and XUM clients some some extra nice features for both developers and users. And as well it will be fully working with vista on release. Good things take time. We have released plenty of working apps. FFXI, EQ2, VSOH to just name a few.

Dont worry we arent a scam hence we leave our forums open for people. Its just the matter of the fact that we want certain things required before release and some other things get in the way. Also remember no way to please everyone haha.

Release something now and people complain its not vista compatible or its far to buggy and we didnt make it very user friendly.

Wait until we have those in order then we get complained that we are taking to long and it doesn't exist.

Basically its a double edged sword and we felt using the second one will please people. It will be nice to shut people up that have been complaining saying it doesn't exist :)

Anyways theres your little update. XU 5.0 and XUM 1.0 are coming out soon so look forward to that on top of the lotroextreme release :)

Posted: July 31st, 2007, 3:01 am

narniac
narniac's Reps:
could we get a rough date on when it will be released so we can check back then? I'm getting tired of checking everyday to be disappointed. If it's going to take a long time, can we at least get some demos of it?

Posted: July 31st, 2007, 3:14 am

amu9308

Active User > 50 Posts
Next Friday. Soon. In time for the weekend. After wyvernx gets back from vacation. When we get it figured out so Vista users can use it too. When we make it user friendly.

Vista compatable, user friendly?

I beleive most people would be happy with the map!

Throw us a bone and release the map.

Posted: July 31st, 2007, 6:28 am

Tault_nefarious403

Total Posts: 32
Tault_nefarious403's Reps: 3
premium
The idea is they can't just do a partial release with the security holes because other people could further steal their work.

amu9308 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Next Friday. Soon. In time for the weekend. After wyvernx gets back from vacation. When we get it figured out so Vista users can use it too. When we make it user friendly.

Vista compatable, user friendly?

I beleive most people would be happy with the map!

Throw us a bone and release the map.

Posted: July 31st, 2007, 11:43 am

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Nef said it in a nutshell we have the whole part for lotroextreme done i can tell you that 100% and don't worry we worked out something so CURRENT premium members will get a bonus and not be disappointed for joining early. Hint Hint.

As for a rough date its programming which is something very hard to give a percise date. Hah Wyv was all ready but our main coders told him to wait because they just wanted to update some things with xu and xum to a version that people should enjoy more. Also some login issues will be fixed which will make more people happy.

amu9308 that next friday was the release date then wyv left then it was going to be that following friday before we got working on XU 5.0. Dont worry its just about done as much as i know you want to hear that line haha. Sorry also we dont want to waste anymore time on this and spend time getting just the map portion out. We want to get a fully working version out.

Those are updates for ya :)

Posted: July 31st, 2007, 8:21 pm

dildog
dildog's Reps:
Hmm.. Very Exciting I Cant wait! I have been waitin a while and definitely look forward to another fine release!~ :)

Posted: August 1st, 2007, 5:01 am

kidpunk

Total Posts: 28
kidpunk's Reps: 1
premium
"sounds" great... only problem is, I mainly wanted to use it for leveling up, but 3 days after I bought it, it didnt work anymore.. so never got the advantages I wanted to there..

now I've been level 50 for a few weeks... and I'm afraid when LOTROEXTREME finally gets released I would have quit the game already :|

Posted: August 1st, 2007, 1:32 pm

amu9308

Active User > 50 Posts
kidpunk (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
"sounds" great... only problem is, I mainly wanted to use it for leveling up, but 3 days after I bought it, it didnt work anymore.. so never got the advantages I wanted to there..

now I've been level 50 for a few weeks... and I'm afraid when LOTROEXTREME finally gets released I would have quit the game already :|

I have pretty much quit playing too, it is amazing how much more fun it is to use a bot or map hack than to actually play an MMO.

Why not just fix the offsets on the .9 release and give back the map? That way no one is hacking 1.0's security.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online