taultunleashed logoSetup of the radar? : LOTROExtreme
newtopic  postreply
 [ 50 posts ]  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
blue large dot

Setup of the radar? : LOTROExtreme

Posted: August 19th, 2007, 5:05 pm

narniac
narniac's Reps:
can someone please put some details on how to setup the radar? I have it running and the mobs are so clustered it's hard to see. is there a way to see the whole zone or just space it on greater distances?

Also, I tried to unclick all the NPCs and it didn't work. Also, when I hit the I button and that window comes down with all the info, how do I close it off again?

Thanks for any help! Much appreciated!

Posted: August 19th, 2007, 9:20 pm

jazz215
jazz215's Reps:
Im having problems closing that window as well. (lotroextremeRadar settings window)

is there a small tutorial on using it? I see some small line in the middle of the screen... but nothing else :oops:

unchecking options in the settings doesnt seem to do anythign either.

Posted: August 19th, 2007, 9:25 pm

wyvernx

Total Posts: 6718
wyvernx's Reps: 21
administrator
premium
need screenshots so I can see what you are talkinga bout.

Posted: August 20th, 2007, 9:00 am

pulseriver
pulseriver's Reps:
I get the error message caused by timeout,...again. Whats wrong?

Posted: August 20th, 2007, 12:15 pm

wyvernx

administrator
premium
pulseriv... did you have it working yesterday? Or it is because of the patch? Did you delete all files and run the update.exe?

Posted: August 20th, 2007, 4:20 pm

zelindar1
zelindar1's Reps:
I had the radar running before patch but it usually took to attempts to start it. Tonight, I I followed the instruction for registering the .dll files and now I crash every time I start the LOTROExtreme. Here is the error:

LOTROExtreme has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

AppName: lotroextreme.exe AppVer: 1.0.0.0 AppStamp:46ca1250
ModName: kernel32.dll ModVer: 5.1.2600.3119 ModStamp:46239bd5
fDebug: 0 Offset: 00012a5b

I deleted files and reinstalled everything. I registered the .dlls, I reinstalled the debugger.

Any idea what the problem is or do I bug this?

I forgot to mention that I did get the radar to run once but was nothing on the radar except me.

Posted: August 20th, 2007, 7:32 pm

wyvernx

administrator
premium
Make sure it was after I put out the patch toay.

The Book10 patch broke the old version.

Posted: August 20th, 2007, 10:42 pm

gthomas1
gthomas1's Reps:
I know it doesn't help a whole lot, but I was experiencing the same thing many others with the radar only showing ones self. This was pre-book 10.

After book 10 patch (and your annoucement that you fixed the offsets), I was getting the error mentioned by zelindar1. Running WinXP Pro, deleted all files (yes, including the dlls), and ran the updater (a few times).

Now, I just deleted everything again, ran the updater, and I'm now getting the login screen again, and seem to be back at the point that I only see myself in the radar.

I did try different options as far as the +/- goes, and changing the auto-align, max search distance, refresh, checking and unchecking different items, etc.

Attached is a screenshot (took the ss with f12 although same effect with hud enabled).

btw, same problem as others with options window that will not close (no close button/"X" doesn't work)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted: August 20th, 2007, 10:47 pm

wyvernx

administrator
premium
I JUST posted a couple of new files. That should fix the self only radar. I was getting that a couple of times and was able to fix it with this last patch.

I only updated the LOTROExtreme.exe so you should be ale to just delete that file and get a new one.

If you still get self only after that, I can tweak it a little. I know what is causing it or atleast I think I do. I did a little hack this last update that fixed it when it happened to me.

Posted: August 21st, 2007, 12:27 am

narniac
narniac's Reps:
please fix the npc box as well. In pvp there are WAY too many npcs around and it gets very cluttered.

Posted: August 21st, 2007, 5:25 am

zelindar1
zelindar1's Reps:
wyvernx (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Make sure it was after I put out the patch toay.

The Book10 patch broke the old version.

I deleted the entire folder and re-downloaded the files again - this was after you posted the updated file that fixed the old version.

To be sure I'm not missing anything. I created a folder called LOTROExtreme and downloaded UpdateLOTROExtreme.zip into it - unzipped and ran it. I did not launch the app but closed it after it installed the various files.

I then installed Regsvr32.rar into the same folder. It created a folder that contains the Regsvr32.exe file. I followed the instructions to register the files and got a 'registered successfully' pop up after each. I tried both dropping the Regsvr32.exe file into the same folder as UpdateLOTROExtreme.exe and also leaving it in it's own folder and used the shortcut to register the files.

I then launched LOTROExtreme using the icon but got the error noted
below.
-------------------
LOTROExtreme has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

AppName: lotroextreme.exe AppVer: 1.0.0.0 AppStamp:46ca1250
ModName: kernel32.dll ModVer: 5.1.2600.3119 ModStamp:46239bd5
fDebug: 0 Offset: 00012a5b
--------------------

I also get the error launching UpdateLOTROExtreme.exe - I DO NOT get the error if I use the zipped UpdateLOTROExtreme.exe file - it launches and updates again. However, it then crashes if I run the program using the button on the updater.

I will try again when I get home tonight but any suggestions appreciated. I deleted the old XUnleashed folder (that's where I was able to run LOTROExtreme from) Since I deleted it and created a new folder, I get the errors and crash.

Last edited by Guest on August 21st, 2007, 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: August 21st, 2007, 5:34 am

Tault_mississippi

Total Posts: 257
Tault_mississippi's Reps: 0
Lifetime Member (Scripting)
premium
Same issues as gthomas1 and the screen shots above.

Posted: August 21st, 2007, 11:14 am

icfire6
icfire6's Reps:
lotroexteme patched to the latest version, eu client on xp pro and radar still empty (like screenshots above)

Posted: August 21st, 2007, 3:46 pm

zelindar1
zelindar1's Reps:
I was finally able to get radar working but alas, nothing shows up but me like the others are reporting.

Posted: August 21st, 2007, 3:58 pm

gthomas1
gthomas1's Reps:
Looks and working great. :)

For those that dont have the "OK", "Cancel" buttons on the options window, click on the radarsettings.vbs tab in Exhume and find m_oSettingsWindow.SetHeight (y:69 in bottom left corner) and change 534 to 564. (it increases the hieght of the window by 20px, allowing you to see the buttons).

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online