TU Chat | View unanswered posts | View active topics  

Guide to Healing : GW Submissions

All times are UTC - 8 hours

[ 4 posts ] 
stvt32
December 3rd, 2005, 2:37 pm 

Cash on hand: Locked
Short description:
Mo/N. Why the Necromancer as a secondary proffesion? I can tell you why, Offering of Blood. Most Healing monks forget one thing, Energy management. Most Healing monks just think 'Lot's of Energy! Now I won't run out of Energy!', but I don't even get why you'd ever think like that. In long battles, you will run out of Energy, and you can't afford to regain Energy with just some Energy regenaration, it's simply not enough.

Items:
Judge's/Censor's Set
Servant's Scalp (+1 Healing Prayers)
Superior Rune of Healing Prayers
Superior Rune of Divine Favor
Superior/Major/Minor Rune of Vigor
Rockmolder (can be replaced by anything with the mod 'Improves skill recharge using Blood Magic skills (chance XX%)
Gordac's Needle (can be replaced by anything with the mod 'Improves skill recharge using Blood Magic skills (chance XX%)

Attributes:
Healing Prayers (10+3+1)
Divine Favor (10+3)
Blood Magic (10)
Protection Prayes (1+1)
Smiting Prayers (0+1)

Skills:
The skills depend on what you're doing. I'll tell you 2 builds of the things I love to do: 5 man Sorrow's Furnace Farming and Competition Arenas. Why? In things like Hall of Heroes, Team Arenas, questing etc. you'll have to change your build so it fits your team, it's kinda hard to make a build for this, since my build changes alot depending on the team I'm playing with. If you're doing one of these things, your build can always be the same.

Competition Arenas:
Dwayna's Kiss
Orison of Healing
Healing Touch
Mend Ailment
Smite Hex
Offering of Blood
Divine Boon
Ressurection Signet

5 man Sorrow's Furnace Farming:
Dwayna's Kiss
Orison of Healing
Healing Touch
Healing Seed
Essence Bond
Offering of Blood
Divine Boon
Rebirth

Skill explanation:

Competition Arenas:
Dwayna's Kiss and Orison of Healing. These two skills are the skills your main Healing skills. You'll be using these the whole battle to heal others. Try not to over heal (healing more then the target you're healing actually needs), though, don't wait too long either, letting party members drop too few % of their Health and they start to panic, and do things they shouldn't be doing (like running), so over healing is sometimes needed (when healing someone with much Superior Runes for example).
Healing Touch. This is mainly for healing yourself. If Healing Touch alone isn't enough, you can also use Orison of Healing. Since you don't have that much Health (380 with Superior Rune of Vigor), don't try to overheal yourself. Monks don't have much Armor (even though you'll be using Judge's/Censor's), so you can't afford to overheal, since sometimes, you need every single healing point you can heal yourself with.
Mend Ailment. This is something you won't be using alot, but if someone is for example, crippled or dazed, and really wants to get it of him, this should definitly be in your bar, every help you can give is great.
Smite Hex. You'll be using this a little bit more then Mend Ailment. Even though the recharge time is alot more then that of Remove Hex you shouldn't be using Remove Hex. The 2 seconds casting time of Remove Hex might sound like nothing, but in 2 seconds, a party member could be long dead. If you notice someone (including you!) has a hex that really messes them up, use it. Keep in mind, you can only use it once every 15 seconds. Getting Backfire of yourself is also very important. Though, before you use it on yourself, check how much life you'll lose because of Backfire, since you could die because you cast Smite Hex.
Offering of Blood. The energy managing skill of this build. Offering of Blood should be cast when you're on about 20 or more Energy away from your maximum Energy. When it's nearly recharged, try to use some extra energy so you can get the maximum out of your Offering of Blood skill.
Divine Boon. Try to have this on at all time, it makes your healings alot better. Most people don't like this skill, but together with Offering of Blood it's great. In most builds, Divine Boon makes you run out of Energy too quickly, but Offering of Blood won't make that hapen. If it gets removed, try to get it up again.
Ressurection Signet. Quite simple, any permanent ressurection skills of the monk takes too long to cast, and is nearly impossible to use during battle.

5 man Sorrow's Furnace Farming:
Dwayna's Kiss. This is the skill you'll use most of the time. The tank will have two Essence Bonds, Life Bond and Life Barrier on him non-stop (since you'll have a Protection Monk is your team too), and hexes are a common thing in Sorrow's Furnace too and this makes Dwayna's Kiss very strong.
Orison of Healing. You won't be using this that much, but if Dwayna's Kiss is still recharging, and the tank is running low on Health, you'll need to use this.
Healing Touch. This is mainly for healing yourself. If Healing Touch alone isn't enough, you can also use Orison of Healing. Since you don't have that much Health (380 with Superior Rune of Vigor), don't try to overheal yourself. Monks don't have much Armor (even though you'll be using Judge's/Censor's), so you can't afford to overheal, since sometimes, you need every single healing point you can heal yourself with. When you're inside Sorrow's Furnace, the tank (which is always in your team) you won't be using this alot, so this is more likely for the part you're still outside Sorrow's Funace.
Healing Seed. This is a skill I personaly don't like a much as most Healing monks, but it's quite nice during this. Only use this at the beginning of the battle, it costs too much Energy to cast it during battle.
Essence Bond. Keep this on the tank at all time. The tank will be hit alot, so this helps you run out of Energy even less. At some points, you'll be spamming Dwayna's Kiss/Orison of Healing non-stop, so this helps.
Offering of Blood. The energy managing skill of this build. Offering of Blood should be cast when you're on about 20 or more Energy away from your maximum Energy. When it's nearly recharged, try to use some extra energy so you can get the maximum out of your Offering of Blood skill.
Divine Boon. Try to have this on at all time, it makes your healings alot better. Most people don't like this skill, but together with Offering of Blood it's great. In most builds, Divine Boon makes you run out of Energy too quickly, but Offering of Blood won't make that hapen. If it gets removed, try to get it up again.
Rebirth. Nice to have with you. If one (or more) of you teammates dies (which shouldn't be happening, but it can happen) this is nice to have with you. This is a nice way to get them up without aggroing anything.

sp3ct3r
December 4th, 2005, 11:17 pm 

Cash on hand: Locked
err.. 5man sorrow farming? lol read the article I wrote for guildwiki:

http://www.guildwiki.org/wiki/Sorrow%27 ... ayer_build

lethal
December 8th, 2005, 9:17 am 
Lifetime Member (Guides)
Lifetime Member (Guides)

Cash on hand:

you need a guide to healing ?, btw nice guide Specter

Have any questions? Email me: lethal.tault@gmail.com