blue large dot

August 2010 Contest - Free Membership For A Year : Site News

Posted: August 5th, 2010, 9:16 am

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Its a really simple contest. We have some new style discussions to ask the memberbase. Just reply to this post and answer the questions.

1) If you havent notice the main pages are redone. They are located at the side of the page. We know the norm is the be centered. Is the left side fine for you? Or would you like it centered because it causes a problem?

2) The forums are set to max width. So when you visit them they expand your entire monitors width. Does this cause problems to you? Would it be easier if it was a fixed width like the main pages? If its a fixed width would you want it centered or on the left side?

3) What do you think the best thing for tu would be? More guides, cheats, hacks, or bots? Pick one category.

4) Do you use the news section we have posted on the mmo blog now? If you havent noticed its here http://www.taultunleashed.com/blogs/ and we are updating one new game a day with it. If you dont use it why not please tell us why. Layout of it, ease of use. Ect ect.

5) EXTRA - We are always after new suggestions to improve the site. What is something you think we can do. Saying more cheats is not a valid one hah.

Posted: August 5th, 2010, 4:27 pm

kamelot91

Total Posts: 1
kamelot91's Reps: 0
1: i think it is good at the left side, it done think it causes any problems.
2:this doesnt cause any problems for me, i like it the way it is :)
3:i would like to see more hacks, because its many peoples out there that is looking for it.
4:i dont use it, because im new on the site, and still trying to get used to the site. (it is a good site)
5: maybe make the MMO FUll list in alphabetic order :) THAT woulde be much easier to go and find the correct game then :P

Posted: August 5th, 2010, 10:52 pm

Tault_admin

administrator
Mod in Training
WEll kamelot with number 1 what size monitor do you have? We are always trying to add new hacks because people love them. I believe the side is in alphabetical order. Is it not for you?

Posted: August 5th, 2010, 11:52 pm

sathyro

Total Posts: 9
sathyro's Reps: 1
1* no problems

2* no problems

3* more guides would be nice, high quality guides are always sought after.

4* no, I haven't used it yet, as I simply haven't noticed it :D I'll probably start to do so though, sounds interesting.

5* Maybe a chat box for each game? people can talk, discuss and co-operate on discovering things easier.

Posted: August 6th, 2010, 4:04 pm

ebarana

Total Posts: 280
ebarana's Reps: 6
Million Dollar Member
premium
1) no problems, looks better
2) no problem
3) better support for the existing stuff, esp. the "platform" stuff like exhume etc.
4) not used yet
5) maybe better "how to" instructions. for new people getting the stuff for eq2 set up and running is probably frustrating. stuff here may not have huge user numbers but still

Posted: August 6th, 2010, 6:18 pm

dragonaged

Total Posts: 64
dragonaged's Reps: 4
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
1) Yea i like it.
2) No problems for me.
3) More mods would be great.
4) Yea its nice but maybe ease on the ads they dont play well with my comp.
5) Maybe 2 types of currency. 1 is tu bucks for joining the site. The other is cash bucks where you get them for submitting new stuff to the site. Then for every 1k cash bucks you can trade it in for real life cash. Maybe every 1k is 5 bucks. Then it keeps people posting just to keep their premium and makes people money for sharing stuff. Also make cash bucks only available to people that already have premium and you can always trade in 1k cash bucks for premium.

Posted: August 6th, 2010, 11:45 pm

hokuto78

Total Posts: 421
hokuto78's Reps: 441
premium
1) I use 1920x1200 resolution and I prefer to the left side

2) I do not have any problems with viewing the page at all. Again I prefer the left side.

3)Bots

4) I use other commercial MMO sites to get my news. I come here strictly for exploits and game info.

5) I would suggest more mods for sure. Its pretty bad when submissions stay up for over 2 weeks so that everyone can view them before they get moved to confirmed. It might be time to take down the shadowbane forum as well. :)

Posted: August 7th, 2010, 8:04 pm

Tault_admin

administrator
Mod in Training
Ebarana - yea with eq2 stuff most of the time its apps the creators make. We cant dictate their guides it sucks but its life. Yea exhume will be getting an update.

Dragonaged - We are planning something like that in the near future.

hokuto - Thats good the left side works for you. Why do you pick other sites for your news? Yea well alot of that depends on the game. I mean some games just arent very popular due to the game itself nothing we can do to fix it. We are always working on ways to bring in new people but the problem is the developers lack of advertising that hurts them and hurts the sections :(

Posted: August 7th, 2010, 9:11 pm

hokuto78

premium
Massively, MMORPG, and Ten Ton Hammer(to name a few) are already established places to go for the most up to date MMO news. No offense intended. I just think you shouldn't split your resources. Just stick to what you do best and focus on the latest exploits, hacks, bots, guides ect...

Posted: August 7th, 2010, 9:16 pm

Tault_admin

administrator
Mod in Training
We arent splitting at all. We have it set up so the news is gathered from multiple places and we give them credit as well. So for example all those sites are included in our news feed. So you are getting news from all the sites at once place. :)

Posted: August 7th, 2010, 9:21 pm

hokuto78

premium
Some people are just going to go to their main site for all the news instead of visiting your page for a few selected pieces. I'm sure a lot of people enjoy the blog page, but personally I don't use it.

Posted: August 7th, 2010, 9:26 pm

Tault_admin

administrator
Mod in Training
Yea i totally agree. Maybe some people wont but for those that do they might like it. Example our wow one a lot of people enjoy using.

http://www.taultunleashed.com/blogs/category/world-of-warcraft/

But always room to be done. Darkfall as well will be getting a new layout soon to help with the main navigation and other parts. Also this monday we have another feature being added :)

Posted: August 7th, 2010, 9:30 pm

hokuto78

premium
Yeah the WoW dedicated news page is very nice. Adding and updating one for each game seems the route to go.

Posted: August 8th, 2010, 2:17 am

splashman

Total Posts: 1
splashman's Reps: 0
[quote="Tault_admin"]Its a really simple contest. We have some new style discussions to ask the memberbase. Just reply to this post and answer the questions.

1) I like the table on the left, it works well with my widescreen monitor.

2) This is fine. I'm on 1920x1200 and am having no problems.

3) I think more macros/bots would be awesome, or more tutorials on how to make macros/bots.

4) Hey a new site to check out, thanks!

5) I don't like the way link text gets bigger when you hover over it. It moves the rest of the text and just looks really ugly.

I'm always up for more questions if you have any more :)

Posted: August 8th, 2010, 7:50 am

dai_kun

Total Posts: 7
dai_kun's Reps: 2
premium
1. no problems, look very good
2. centerd i think is better
3. more guides
4. i will use it in future, its great to look for updates every time
5. a new for free section and pay section and maybe a chatbox for every game to talk about the guides and hacks or something else.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online