taultunleashed logoDid the dupe, sent friends 1mil each, they got WIPED! : SWTOR Discussions tu winter contest 2012 nintendo wii
newtopic  postreply
 [ 30 posts ]  1, 2  Next
blue large dot

Did the dupe, sent friends 1mil each, they got WIPED! : SWTOR Discussions

Posted: January 18th, 2012, 7:44 am

youzme

Total Posts: 38
youzme's Reps: 1
This will not be too surprising if your mule accounts got nailed too and you're totally broke, but it will really suck if you sent creds to friends and they got wiped out.

Everyone was talking about how if you moved the credits to mules you'd be fine. Well, double-check again!

Yesterday I received the updated message about how they are taking the credits out of my account for participating in the dupe. I'm sure you've all seen it, it looks something like this:

(!empty($user->lang['QUOTE'])) ? $user->lang['QUOTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'QUOTE'))):
Dear Customer

We are contacting you regarding your account for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.
We refer to our recent correspondence to you regarding the 1 week suspension of this account due to your participation in the exploit, specifically exploiting the vendors within the game to generate currency or items in a way that is unintended by design.
Given the nature of this exploit it was deemed necessary to investigate the matter further, having reviewed your account we can see that your account used this exploit to generate excessive amounts of credits and as such we will now be removing the said credits from your account with immediate effect.

I sent each of my buddies newbie empire toons 1 mil each after doing this to help them level up. They already had 50 republic alts on the same account, same server.

One of my buddies (who did not receive a 1-week ban, NONE OF THESE GUYS DID THE DUPE), logged on this morning to find that both his 50 republic toons and the lowbie empire alt were completely wiped out on credits. His republic 50 (which received no credits from me) was reduced from about 350K to 0 credits, the lowbie alt empire toon had about 650K and was reduced to 71K (yeah, odd huh, they reduced that one to more credits than the 50 republic toon that received none).

The other two guys haven't logged in yet, but I'll update on if their credits were modified as well.

I'm still banned with the rest of you guys until Saturday (support said the accounts that received the ban emails on the 13th are re-enabled on the 21st), so I have no clue what they reset my characters credits to, but if you guys have any friends you sent creds to, or your mules, and you've received the email about how you're having credits removed, post here.

ADDENDUM - Things to note:

1.) These 3 friends received their 1 million credits each through the trade window, face to face. Not through mail, not through AH.
2.) One of the 3 friends who has not logged on yet, was given an additional million to his republic 50 from my empire 50, he put up an item on the neutral Nar Shadda GTC for 1 million credits which I bought.

UPDATE: Friend 2 of 3 logged on, he is the one who received a million in trade window, and also a million to his republic 50 from me buying an item through the Nar Shadda GTC. Friend 1 and 2 were both wiped to 0 (ZERO) credits, including their legit credits, on their 50 toons. Friend 1 had about 350K legit, friend 2 had about 650K legit. The 2500 I mentioned earlier was actually not what the devs left on his account, but what he picked up off the mailbox this morning from an ended GTC sale. They were both set to 0 credits, and had to queue for WZ's, couldn't even travel off planet.

These devs are morons IMO.

Last edited by youzme on January 18th, 2012, 9:11 am, edited 5 times in total.

Posted: January 18th, 2012, 7:49 am

phelan1777

Total Posts: 348
phelan1777's Reps: 9
premium
There will be a lot of !@#$%^&* directed at bioware from legit players that lost credits. Bioware is over reaching and they will lose real world mmoney from this. All because they !@#$%^&* up.

Posted: January 18th, 2012, 7:55 am

youzme

Yes. I wanted to post this because I think it's fair that players know what they will be logging in to on Saturday before they have to pay money to resub and find out.

Bioware strategically made it 1 week because that is exactly after the resub period, and they wanted the tons of players who did this public dupe that was posted on multiple boards and done by whole guilds to pay for the resub and log back in hoping it wasn't too bad.

I've still not decided whether or not I'm resubbing on Saturday to log in and find out, but I can already tell that I'll be completely broke to a ridiculous level.

Posted: January 18th, 2012, 8:35 am

samrat

Total Posts: 1
samrat's Reps: 0
I participated in the dupe also guys. We got caught, it sucks but we all knew the risk when we did it. I figured I duped around 12 mil. I spent half that on opening up inventory slots, bays, training, gear, etc...

If I log in and all my credits are gone but everything else is there I'm not going to complain. I'm still ahead.

Posted: January 18th, 2012, 8:43 am

lordpadding

Total Posts: 12
lordpadding's Reps: 2
phelan1777 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
There will be a lot of !@#$%^&* directed at bioware from legit players that lost credits. Bioware is over reaching and they will lose real world mmoney from this. All because they !@#$%^&* up.

I totally agree on this one - overreaction is the right word, mate!

Posted: January 18th, 2012, 8:59 am

youzme

Updated OP with info on second friend, who was also wiped to 0 credits, including his legit 650K he made from crafting, etc. He's stuck on Ilum now until a warzone pops so he can get some credits to travel... What a joke.

Posted: January 18th, 2012, 9:45 am

phelan1777

Total Posts: 348
phelan1777's Reps: 9
premium
youzme - Tell your buddy to grab chests on Ilum, insta credits and items to sell.

I farmed 3-4mil creds before the dupe and getting more, so I am not sweating it.

Like Samrat said if we still got our bank slots/tabs and gear/craft mats then we still come out ahead. I stock piled rare crafting mats so I wouldn't have to hunt for them later. Have at least 10 of each level/type.

So we shall see.

Posted: January 18th, 2012, 10:49 am

youzme

Yeah, they're already chest farming Ilum, competing with a bunch of others lol...

Posted: January 18th, 2012, 12:26 pm

wohast

Total Posts: 32
wohast's Reps: 0
did you personally call support to see when accounts would be reactivated? or just sharing what someone else said?

Posted: January 18th, 2012, 12:40 pm

hokuto78

Total Posts: 421
hokuto78's Reps: 441
premium
wohast (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
did you personally call support to see when accounts would be reactivated? or just sharing what someone else said?

1 week from when you get your email would be safe to assume.

Posted: January 18th, 2012, 12:47 pm

youzme

wohast (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):

I emailed support and they said the 21st, which is a full 7-day ban from the 13th when the suspension email went out.

They didn't give me an exact time.

Posted: January 18th, 2012, 12:52 pm

wohast

Total Posts: 32
wohast's Reps: 0
looks like they sent another wave of "credit deletion" emails. got 1 today.

Posted: January 18th, 2012, 4:28 pm

dimascus

Total Posts: 319
dimascus's Reps: 423
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
I got the email saying they would be wiping my main of his credits last night. Still havent seen anything on my alt accounts yet. We will see.

Posted: January 18th, 2012, 5:44 pm

attoy

Total Posts: 27
attoy's Reps: 1
dimascus (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
I got the email saying they would be wiping my main of his credits last night. Still havent seen anything on my alt accounts yet. We will see.

I got a similar mail stating they are going to wipe credits from my account, not main or alt specified...

Posted: January 19th, 2012, 7:33 am

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Yea thats why after a dupe you always buy items and send them to a mule. They rarely remove items and thats the trick :)

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online