taultunleashed logoI'm somewhat disappointed : SWTOR Discussions tu winter contest 2012 nintendo wii
newtopic  postreply
 [ 24 posts ]  1, 2  Next
blue large dot

I'm somewhat disappointed : SWTOR Discussions

Posted: July 14th, 2009, 9:25 pm

nsidrs

Total Posts: 4
nsidrs's Reps: 0
Wouldn't this game be the death of SWG? A game I know and love? I'm sure many of my friends are gonna leave (along with MANY of the game's subscribers) and it won't be as fun to play anymore. Does anyone else believe this?

Posted: July 15th, 2009, 6:36 am

biogenesis

Total Posts: 1
biogenesis's Reps: 0
Yep, I kind of want it to launch and I kind of don't for the exact reasons you pointed out, SWG was the only Star Wars MMO... tbh I think it's all SOE's fault, if they didn't mess SWG up from the beginning w/ CU/NGE then no other company would risk sponsoring another SW MMO. ='(

Posted: July 15th, 2009, 6:24 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Well it will be the death of swg, but i think it will only move things in the right direction. SWG is fun dont get me wrong, but i feel the life swtor will bring is not only going to get you and your friends to a new world, but get a bunch of new people and swg can finally hit the level it should have from the start.

Posted: July 15th, 2009, 8:23 pm

vinnyboy32

Total Posts: 1872
vinnyboy32's Reps: 3
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Tault_admin (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Well it will be the death of swg, but i think it will only move things in the right direction. SWG is fun dont get me wrong, but i feel the life swtor will bring is not only going to get you and your friends to a new world, but get a bunch of new people and swg can finally hit the level it should have from the start.

This. In my opinion, SWG has been dead for the last few years.

Posted: July 15th, 2009, 10:16 pm

knowmadd

Total Posts: 15
knowmadd's Reps: 0
How many times has some one proclaimed game XYZ will be the death of SWG? Yet still we are here.

SWTOR will not offer as much as SWG in many areas.

IMO, SWTOR will be a trimmed version of SWG ready for console with some improved graphics, for the most part.

While the fancy new trailer looks cool, that is not game play.

I'll believe it when I see it and I think it won't be until at least 2010 before we see squat.

Everything atm is hype and more hype IMHO.

Posted: July 16th, 2009, 12:43 am

vinnyboy32

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

I have been following this game ever since it was a rumor on the Bioware forums. I loved KOTOR 1&2, and there has never been a game that I loved as much as those two. (1st was better by far)

If Bioware can make a MMO, that gives me the same immersion, amazing stories, awesome characters and add in some PvP......Then I will never cancel my subscription hahah :)

I played SWG for 5 years, for one reason......It was Star Wars. I had almost everything you could get in game, I was good at PvP, and was with an amazing guild. I did it all, and yet the game was still dull and boring, and just felt like a grind more then a game.

I have confidence that Bioware will make a MMO that feels the way, that a Star Wars game should.

Just my opinion. :)

Posted: July 16th, 2009, 5:04 am

mk86

Total Posts: 107
mk86's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
vinnyboy32 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
I played SWG for 5 years, for one reason......It was Star Wars.

I have confidence that Bioware will make a MMO that feels the way, that a Star Wars game should.

Ditto!

Posted: July 16th, 2009, 11:55 am

vinnyboy32

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
mk86 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
vinnyboy32 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
I played SWG for 5 years, for one reason......It was Star Wars.

Ditto!

Sir, I believe the correct term for this situation is "Nuff Said" lol :)

Posted: August 5th, 2009, 9:09 pm

foyer

Total Posts: 36
foyer's Reps: 0
biogenesis (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Yep, I kind of want it to launch and I kind of don't for the exact reasons you pointed out, SWG was the only Star Wars MMO... tbh I think it's all SOE's fault, if they didn't mess SWG up from the beginning w/ CU/NGE then no other company would risk sponsoring another SW MMO. ='(

Well you think wrong it was lucas arts that told soe to dumb it down. But this is a common mistake that people make when talking about swg not knowing what thay are talking about.

Posted: August 5th, 2009, 11:57 pm

pursuited112

Total Posts: 224
pursuited112's Reps: 24
SWG was a great game when it FIRST came out, but it had so many flaws and bugs that it was on a harsh down fall QUICK. Then they decided to make it so ANYONE could be a Jedi... After ALL MY HARD WORK TO BECOME ONE TOO!!! After that, I upped and quit. So I too believe the game was falling a long while ago. Almost as close to a year to when it came out.

It could of been a great game... If not one of the best...

Posted: August 6th, 2009, 2:57 pm

rugburn

Total Posts: 376
rugburn's Reps: 4
premium
In the past, SOE pride themselves by stating they have never shut down an mmo. I use to take comfort in that fact. However.. With the recent shut down of matrix online, I cant say for sure SWG "will" remain.

Shortly after ToR was announced, a spokesman for lucasarts stated SWG and ToR would coexist. Well, in a recent interview with LucasArts Executive Producer Tom Nichols was asked..

Are there still plans to have SWTOR and Galaxies live alongside each other?

His answer: We’ll see how things go. We still have a very dedicated Galaxies base, and we’re still providing updates, content packs, and other such things to the game. So far they seem to be loving it and the response has been positive, so as long as the community is there and as long as it works for us and Sony we’re willing to keep the game alive.

This isnt the yes answer we got when it was first announced.

Posted: September 24th, 2009, 10:33 am

knowmadd

Total Posts: 15
knowmadd's Reps: 0
While I too hope that the new KOTOR will be good, I am not assuming that it will kill SWG.

Based upon what the KOTOR devs are saying I don't think this will be what you expect from an MMO.

IMO all we have seen so far is eye candy and until the game goes into beta with real players testing and playing on a live server with 100s of others, it's all vapor ware.

This will be another choice for a SW game, and in the end it will not kill SWG and I think many will try KOTOR only to come back to SWG.

Time will tell, IMHO.

Posted: September 24th, 2009, 10:55 pm

cold30

Total Posts: 14
cold30's Reps: 0
Both games will have their fan-base.
But surely SWG will loose lotsa players.

Posted: October 8th, 2009, 9:45 am

lulzhai

Total Posts: 132
lulzhai's Reps: 1
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Just another WoW clone, just like SWG...

Sadly..

CU>Pre-CU>NGE

Posted: December 13th, 2009, 6:41 pm

aamirus

Total Posts: 4
aamirus's Reps: 0
The good thing about SWTOR is that it has made a slight increase in the number of SWG players, because many people who saw SWTOR wanted at least something to have for there expectations.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online