taultunleashed logoVanguard Bot - VGExtreme Scritping Service : VGExtreme General Discussion - Page 2
newtopic  postreply
 [ 483 posts ]  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 33  Next
blue large dot

Vanguard Bot - VGExtreme Scritping Service : VGExtreme General Discussion - Page 2

Posted: February 16th, 2007, 1:42 pm

Tault_mississippi

Total Posts: 257
Tault_mississippi's Reps: 0
Lifetime Member (Scripting)
premium
Oh yea - once I can figure out how to get it running I'll write a how-to guide to help get people started.

Posted: February 16th, 2007, 1:55 pm

tault_stigma

Total Posts: 136
tault_stigma's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
There are a few things that I cant figure out how to do in VBscript that I can do in autoit, which I find more flexible, so unless someone has a more direct approach im thinking abiut just writing some basic VBscript to write the data to a file every time the primary autoit script request a data update, and that way forwarding all the data to the autoit script.

I find autoit easier to sript in and it has a ton of prebuilt functions allready for manipulating mouse and keyboard, reading pixels checksum ect. Also I cannot find a way for VBscript to create a tooltip overlay, and I use this extensively in my current script to display what the script is "thinking". Does anyone know how to do that in VBS or if its at all possible?

Anyway, i think the data forwarding via some simple txt files should work fine and quick enouhg to not be a problem. Il definately give it a shot as soon as I can just get the sripting service to work.

But since we all (as far as I can tell) are getting the same error when running the scripting service, i guess we're stuck until wyvernx can help us out.

So please wake up soon wyvern hehe... I wanna get started on this! :)

Sidenote: I wonder if the bugs that cause mobs to display health incorrectly will also report health incorrectly via the memmory offsets, or if its purely a GUI bug in VG... any thoughts on that?

Posted: February 16th, 2007, 3:00 pm

wyvernx

Total Posts: 6718
wyvernx's Reps: 21
administrator
premium
For those with CLSID errors:
This a special exhumehelper.dll that is beta that hasnt been pushed to live yet. Do you will need to delete the exhumehelper.dll, run vgextreme.exe and let it extract the beta dll. THen you can run regsvr32 on it.. or alternately you can place exhume.exe in that folder and it will register the beta file.

Posted: February 16th, 2007, 3:04 pm

wyvernx

Total Posts: 6718
wyvernx's Reps: 21
administrator
premium
Question #1) Do we have to run this in windowed moded? NO, choice is yours.

Question #2) Can we use J-script with yourservice or only VBS? Yes, but the current default loader is for vbs. You nust need to do a File->New and select JS to run JS scritps. Also the included includes/service.vbs will not work with it. You will need to analyze it to get the direct API commands.

Question #3) YOu say we can't over write that file, How do we make our own script? You just cant modify the 1 file in includes/VGService.vbs. You can the other vbs file.

Question4) Does anyone know if there is any examples in it? There are numerous exhume exampples on this site for sendkeys etc.

Request #1) Can you put some examples of what it can do and how do to them in the initial script? THere is a .rar on the site with like 50 sample scripts and demos. There is also tons of scripting documentation on the site.

You mentioned autoit was easier to use. why? So I can add that to this and make it easier to use. There are tons of functions that are included in xum.. see the functions drop down. Just let me know what is missing and I can add it with my plugin or get admin to add it to the helper.

Posted: February 16th, 2007, 3:33 pm

bluemoose
bluemoose's Reps:
uhmm is there going to be a tutorial on how to set a script like this up because for the life of me I dont know how to use it and if I try it will take many an hour and I will probably piss myself

Posted: February 16th, 2007, 3:46 pm

sinshar

Total Posts: 199
sinshar's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
Thanks Wyvernx, On the response's to all of my questions.

could you post a little walkthrough on how to Switch it over to J-script?
I am just more comfortable with j-script then i am with VBS , if not i guess i can learn
vbs .. I just prefere the other..

Thanks and Ofcourse, awsome. work.

Posted: February 16th, 2007, 3:48 pm

Tault_mississippi

premium
For those of you who are as dense as I am.

1) Download VGExtreme.
2) Place it in the same directory as Exhume.exe.
3) Delete the Exhumehelper.dll in that directory.
4) Run VGExtreme.exe (This will extract the new Beta DLL for you).
5) Log into eXhume as you normally would.
6) You will see a script openened automagically that is a Demo.
7) Hit F5
8) You should be looking at WyvernX's mega cool window populated with the correct data.

Now - go write a script that makes use of it! ;-)

Last edited by Tault_mississippi on February 16th, 2007, 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: February 16th, 2007, 3:59 pm

tault_stigma

Active User > 50 Posts
wyvernx (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
You mentioned autoit was easier to use. why? So I can add that to this and make it easier to use. There are tons of functions that are included in xum.. see the functions drop down. Just let me know what is missing and I can add it with my plugin or get admin to add it to the helper.

Well I guess I just find the syntaxt more comprehensible as a whole, but there is one spesific prebuilt method that I really miss, and thats the Tooltip() function. it uses winodows own tooltip thing and lets you place it anywhere, and write anytihng to it. Basicly it makes a REALLY nice overlay on the game to run debugging information and such through. Its a heck of a lot more comfortable to see what the bot is doing every step of the way than having to guess, or going through text-logs after the fact.

Oh, and as for what other other information would be useful to read from memmory is:

- Some way to determine is spell X is active on yourself (and party members too?)
- Some way to determine is spell X is active on current target
- Some way to determine if ability X is ready for use (or perhaps how long the timer has left to run).

EDIT: Misisippi, do this:
- Delete or rename the current helperfile
- Run the Exhume
- Run the service (it will now start)
- Notice that the service has created a new helper file now
- Register the new DLL (I don't know why that was needed as it seemingly started well even before regging it, but im following wyvernx's recommendation on this :) )

Runs fine for me now, and I must say I am impressed. If I can only figure out either how to code effeciently in VBscript or import the data into autoit, then the possebilities are endless. Especially the availability of loc's are a very very welcome resource.

Posted: February 16th, 2007, 4:05 pm

tault_stigma

Active User > 50 Posts
Wyvern (or anyone else who has worked with VBscript before), I have a small request.

Can you give me an example code of how to write down a single piece of captured data (say mob health for example) to a .txt file? I just need a little something to get me started desciphering VBscript since Ive never worked with it before :) I can figure out how it works from there and later it to meet my spesific needs I am sure.

------------------------------------------

EDIT: I figured out how to do it, so now I have a working bridge between the two different scripting languages.

I have one big hurdle yet to overcome, and I'd appreciate some help figuring it out:

Sometimes the VBscript will try to access a file at the same time as autoit. Normally this will cause a crash in VBscript. Otherwise if i use on error resume next then it keeps running, but the data for that message isnt updated on the file as it should. Obviously neither is acceptable.

So, how the heck do I make VBscript keep trying to access the file if it fails the first time? In autoit this was easy as the fileaccess function simply returned -1 if it got an error, but I don't know if there is anything similar in VBscript?

Help me out guys ;)

Last edited by tault_stigma on February 16th, 2007, 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: February 16th, 2007, 6:16 pm

tault_stigma

Active User > 50 Posts
*deleted doublepost*

Posted: February 16th, 2007, 6:30 pm

slam666

Total Posts: 1184
slam666's Reps: 1
premium
Hi Wyvernx,

player health and power is the max health and power, we need the current one.

Thanks.

Author of EQ2Ultrabot, NOW WITH CRAFTING!!!
Read this before asking for help

Posted: February 16th, 2007, 6:37 pm

Tault_mississippi

premium
Stigma - check out the eXhume samples on the wiki - I believe I posted some file IO samples in both JScript and VBScript.

Posted: February 16th, 2007, 6:47 pm

morken
morken's Reps:
well i got everything figured out, and am now trying to learn how to script this to make an actual bot out of it =) anyone have any advice or techniques as to how i can actually get my char to start owning while i sleep?

Posted: February 16th, 2007, 6:51 pm

raccoon117
raccoon117's Reps:
what exactly is this?

Posted: February 16th, 2007, 7:02 pm

sinshar

Total Posts: 199
sinshar's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
OK... someone tell me how to send the Enter Key press
Heheh thanks

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online