taultunleashed logoEVE Bot: MaxCote Red Moon Rising Updated Mining Bot : EVE Online Bots Hacks | EVE Bots Hacks - Page 2
newtopic  postreply
 [ 77 posts ]  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
blue large dot

EVE Bot: MaxCote Red Moon Rising Updated Mining Bot : EVE Online Bots Hacks | EVE Bots Hacks - Page 2

Posted: March 9th, 2006, 7:42 pm

tault_buckw1
tault_buckw1's Reps:
Yes, the ship selection option in this macro only changes the warp to distance and a few other minor things related to a bigger ship.

Posted: March 26th, 2006, 5:39 pm

blackmoon

Total Posts: 695
blackmoon's Reps: 9
Lifetime Member (Scripting)
Not sure... havent looked at this for a while....

JUST A TIP FOR NEWBIES.....

This is a very complicated macro..... I have looked at the code and decided not to try fixing it on my own and to just let the others do it themselves. They know this script so much better than me... soooooo.... everything will take a little longer to fix and work... read everything very carefully when setting it up and do not get upset if it takes a while to get an answer to your question because these guys are working more on getting it all working and stuff.

Posted: April 11th, 2006, 5:51 pm

thegamecat
thegamecat's Reps:
The program seems to operate as its supposed to for me, except for when rats come. Instead of running away the bot just sits there and lets the rats get me into structure b4 I manually have to warp out?

I have ninja mining on and set to '0' - which according to the help button is supposed to avoid rats? Am I doing something wrong?

Posted: April 11th, 2006, 8:07 pm

tault_buckw1
tault_buckw1's Reps:
Nope, rat detection is not fully functional at the moment. Got broke with Red Moon update. I'm hoping to post a working solution this "soon".

Last edited by Guest on May 7th, 2006, 11:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

Posted: April 12th, 2006, 5:48 am

thegamecat
thegamecat's Reps:
The script seems to be working as intended for me (thanks for the update on the rat detection being borked) - however, I am trying to use it to bot-mine an osprey in .6 space and I get the feeling that the bot is going to be spending more time jumping from belt to belt avoiding spawns than actually mining....

Are my suspisions correct? Will I be using COTE inefficiently by trying to mine a crusier with a small cargohold vs. an all-out mining APOC that has good resists and a larger cargohold?

If COTE isn't right for this mining setup, can one of the experienced miners here point me in the right direction to running an efficient script for a mining cruiser? I am new to scripts completely and would appreciate the guidance. -gamecat

Posted: April 12th, 2006, 9:01 am

tault_buckw1
tault_buckw1's Reps:
No, I use a Scythe and as long as you have over 10 belts to select from you don't move from belt to belt too much. The typical scenario is you warp to a belt, it sees rats in the 1st check and immediately warps to another belt, check rats, repeat till no rats found. Once mining cycle is complete it will return to that same belt and continue mining unless rats appear. It works fairly well. I do outfit with a full load of expanders though

Drone deployment is not being considered due to the current unpredictablity of drone actions.

Shield boost and armor repair are both inlcuded in the macro but ship type limits there use. The general consensus is that armor repair is the way to go since it gives the most repair with the least loss of energy/cap.
Still, my biggest issue is the macro not recognizing a attack, which results in ship loss. We have rat detection to look at the top target icons, the overview icons and the shield/armor bars in the hud and yet it is still unreliable.
I can mine for over a week 23/7 if I'm in 1.0/.8 space with little or no rats but let me drop to a .7 or lower and I will surely die within 2 days. Frustating and yet kudos to CCP for making it hard, because simply put if everyone had a macro like this that DID work perfectly then game would be ruined.

Buck

Posted: April 19th, 2006, 1:04 pm

roninrun
roninrun's Reps:
also is there a way I can setup a file that has all the window positions and colors ... the settings ... from within eve. because i run this on multiple computers throughout the day??

Posted: April 19th, 2006, 7:39 pm

tault_buckw1
tault_buckw1's Reps:
I'm not clear on what your asking.
If your running on multible computers then MacroScheduler and MaxCote has to be set up or copied to each one. If you run different characters on each PC then you have to run the Macro from the start so as to do another fresh setup. If same character then you can copy the whole MaxCote folder over to the other PC.

Posted: April 20th, 2006, 1:08 pm

roninrun
roninrun's Reps:
I think I am asking if I can have my personal window settings saved else where ... like positions, colors ...etc. and then have the window positions and colors for the macro saved else where so that when i play the game without using the script ... i dont have to change the CLEAR CACHE value when i want to run the script again

Posted: April 20th, 2006, 6:22 pm

tault_buckw1
tault_buckw1's Reps:
You could, but it's not worth the trouble. You would have to use Loupe to nail down the window locations. Positions are critical down to one pixel variance.
Easier to make 2 installations of Eve, one for the macro only and one for regular game play. I use the default install location for the macro and then copied that to a "eve2" folder and changed my screen shortcut to point to that for normal game play. IE:C:\Program Files\CCP\Eve2\eve.exe

Posted: April 21st, 2006, 1:22 pm

roninrun
roninrun's Reps:
that is an awesome idea ... thank you very much buckw1

Posted: April 23rd, 2006, 10:38 pm

kekerush
kekerush's Reps:
If you can not make your computer resolution 1280 x 1024, will the macro not work?

Can someone please post steps to increase the resolution? I tried to get 1280x1024 for my resolution, but about 75% of the screen was off my screen.

Thanks.

Posted: April 24th, 2006, 6:24 am

tault_buckw1
tault_buckw1's Reps:
Must have 1280x1024. Your computer specs and monitor?

Usually if you right click on desktop screen you get the graphics properties page. If you made the change there and its messed up then your monitor or refresh rate needs adjusting. Most monitors use 60hz at 1280x1024.

Posted: April 26th, 2006, 2:49 am

kekerush
kekerush's Reps:
My computer stats:

Windows XP Home Edition
Version 2002
Service Pack 2

Hewlett-Packard
Pavilion
Intel Pentium 4 CPU 1700MHz
1.69 GHz, 512MB of RAM

Video Card:

Radeon 9200

I know how to get the computer to change resolutions, but my monitor doesn't support that specific resolution. Heck, I can make my resolution 1920x1080 with 85Hz if I wanted to, but it doesn't support 1280x1024. I don't know my monitor specs, it's some fancy dancy LCD from LG. :/ The length of it is ~12 inches, while the height is ~9 inches.

Posted: April 26th, 2006, 5:44 am

tault_buckw1
tault_buckw1's Reps:
12x9 screen size? Sounds like a 15" LCD and they only goto 1024x768. That would be your problem. have a regular crt monitor you can use for a second display?

BUck

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online