taultunleashed logoMaxCote Questions and Answers : EVE Online Bots Hacks | EVE Bots Hacks
newtopic  postreply
 [ 134 posts ]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
blue large dot

MaxCote Questions and Answers : EVE Online Bots Hacks | EVE Bots Hacks

Posted: April 27th, 2006, 6:55 am

tault_buckw1
tault_buckw1's Reps:
Please post your questions and issues with MaxCote here.

MaxCote Download is 1st post, 3rd topic of this forum.

Buck

Last edited by Guest on February 18th, 2007, 12:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Posted: April 28th, 2006, 10:15 am

tault_buckw1
tault_buckw1's Reps:
System Requirements:

01)-Windows DeskTop @ 1280 x 1024. This means no 15" LCD's and some laptops.

a) Windows must be US Character set per this post:

*** The problem with getting these errors:

-------------------------------------------
Invalid parameters to Round

Cannot read String as Float.

Very simple...but not still...lol

Go to Start-->Settings-->Regional and Language Options.
There you should select English(United States)

Because the problem lies in the use of , or . to separate decimal numbers.

I was using Croatian and that sqruuuued up my script.

Now it works fine. ********

02)-ControlPanel/System/Advanced/Performance must be set to "Adjust for best performance". Noncompliance will alter pixel/color detection.
This means set up as windows classic with NO eye candy.

03)-Wallpaper should be set to "None". MaxCote samples background to test for game crashes. Actually any solid color is fine except white and black.

04)-Screensaver must be set to "None". Macro wil be interrupted if screen saver is activated.

05)-Power down of Monitor is safe to use...but you won't know if all is going well.

06)-The Eve game @ Default 1024 x 768 Windowed Mode (Will Be Set By Macro!)

07)-Must Have Station and Asteroid Field Locations Saved in "PEOPLE & PLACES"

08)-Recommended To Have 3 or More Plentiful Asteroid Field Locations Saved To "PEOPLE & PLACES"

09)-Other Bookmarks in People & Places are permitted, as long as:

A)-None of the listed System BookMarks for mining are listed lower than the 27th line of P&P After Configuration

B)-All of the System Asteroid BookMarks for mining are listed Contiguously

Sample Extreme Setup:

System Station is Listed on #20 Line.
3 Asteroid Fields are listed on Lines #7, #8, & #9.

This setup is just fine. Variable setup would be:

vPPSlot_Station_X=20
vPPSlot_First_System=7
vNumber_Asteroid_Fields=3

Notes: ONLY Asteroid Fields have to be contiguous,although they all can be.

10)-Must Have Mining Lasers Fitted in High Power Modules starting with #1.

11)-Must Have MWD or AfterBurner Fitted in Medium Power Module #1. AfterBurner is highly recommended. Actually MWD might be faster for docking purposes, but it causes a lot of overshoot/stuckage issues in Asteroid Fields.

12)-(OPTIONAL) Have ArmorRepair Unit Fitted in Low Power Module #1.

13)-Recommended to have no programs running, except for AntiVirus/FireWall software. It is further recommended that these or any other running background programs have their auto-update features disabled. You can manually update them, and make sure to turn off the notifications too, or they will interrupt the macro. Its very aggravating to wake up, check the macro and see that your dead cause defrag or virus scan popped up a "finished" notice. If MacroScheduler is not registered it restarts with a pop-up every 24 hours. Same result, macro stops or errors out.

14) Can I use Insta Dock BM's?
Yes! Instadock code is in, look in the hard coded variables at the start of the macro script and change to YES. Sucess of instdock varies greatlydepending on you BM skill and where you warping in from. Setup menu will be updated a later time.

15)-The EVE install uses a default install of "C:\Program Files\CCP\EVE". While it is not necessary to install EVE to your "C" drive to run the macro, you must have the "\CCP\EVE" Directory Structure intact. The macro wil look for the installation starting in "C:\Program Files\CCP\EVE", then "C:\CCP\EVE", then "D:\CCP\EVE", then "E:\CCP\EVE", etc, all the way to "Z:\CCP\EVE". The macro will not find the game if it is installed in a non-default directory structure. Duplicate Eve Install is recommended, rename it to say: "Eve2" make a shortcut and use that for your normal game play.

16)-The macro running program: "Macro Scheduler" must be installed in it's default installation directory of "C:\Program Files\MJT Net Ltd\Macro Scheduler".

17)-The "MAX_COTE.zip" package must be downloaded and unzipped to the default Macro Scheduler installation directory: "C:\Program Files\MJT Net Ltd\Macro Scheduler" creating the Directory Structure: "C:\Program Files\MJT Net Ltd\Macro Scheduler\MAX_COTE". This is vital to the running of the macro. You can place the "MAX_COTE.zip" file in the default directory of Macro Scheduler and unzip it there, or from an Archive, if you are used to working with zip files. The package includes the main macro itself along with help files, support files, changelog, images for the new interface, a link to the Greenwich Mean Time Web Site, an encryption/decryption program, and registry tweak to optimize the sizing of notepad for optimal viewing of the interface help files.

18)-You must open up "Macro Scheduler" and "import" the macro to use it. You can run it right from where it sits in "C:\Program Files\MJT Net Ltd\Macro Scheduler\MAX_COTE" or put a copy in the Macro Scheduler directory, whichever you prefer. There is also a "BackUp" directory under MAX_COTE, that contains backups, in case of an accident, of the macro and some vital files.

19)-You must assign a hot key to the macro. Just open up Macro Scheduler, and right click on the MAX_COTE macro, and select "Macro Properties". There is also a place to specify logging if you are having trouble with the macro. Best setting is to Select: "Log Progress of Macro", "Empty Log File Before Each Run", & "Log start and completion of each step".

*****WARNING*****
*****WARNING*****
*****WARNING*****

BEWARE POSTING OF LOGFILES...

Encryption is used for writing private data to the hard drive in the form of an "INI" config file.

HOWEVER, if logging is used, the log will reflect interpreted variable values, including usernames, passwords, character names, AND the encryption password, which is system specific.

DO NOT POST LogFiles, unless you have coding experience and you are comfortable editting LogFiles, and searching for variables. LogFiles can be extremely long, and data may not seem readily accessible.

*****WARNING*****
*****WARNING*****
*****WARNING*****

20)-Kick The Tires & Light The Fires...First Time Run...

Functionality of Standard Initial Run:

A)-Hot Key Trigger the macro...Wait about 10-30 secs, depending on system specs...

-MAX-COTE runs install check to find EVE install

-MAX-COTE runs "Variables" Subroutine to check for existance of MAX_COTE.ini File.

-MAX_COTE Loads default Variable Values, Writes "Default.ini" for possible interface reset.

-MAX_COTE opens the default background for the new interface

-MAX_COTE opens the new MAX-GUI Interface

B)-First Interface Menu - General Variables:

-MAX-COTE displays several coloumns of variable data:
"Variable Label, Variable Value, Variable Current, Variable Change, & Variable Help"

-First, you can use the "Help" buttons by each Variable to learn about each variable.

-Next you can make choices in the Column Marked: "CHANGE".
The drop down values eliminate errant/unsupported choices.

-The Macro Will Only Update it's memory values if you hit the "Update Current" button after you make choices.
The column "CURRENT" will show memory values updated in realtime.

-Next You should save your values to a NON-Default "INI" File ("MAX_COTE.ini" File).
By pressing the "Write Current" button, a NON-default "INI" file ("MAX_COTE.ini" File) is written.
A popup will verify this, and show you it's contents.

-You may press "CHANGE", "Update Current", or "Write Current" as many times as you like.

-If you press "CANCEL", you will be dropped out of the Configuration without further changes.

-If you press "RESET DEFAULT" values, default values will be loaded.

-If you press "Next", and MAX_COTE will update your changes, write the "INI" file, and continue the configuration.

C)-Second Interface Menu - Secure Logon Window:

-Here You must enter your private data.
Functionality is similar to First window, but with secure enhancements.

-UserName,PassWord, and Character Name are entered in a secure masked input box, by pressing each's button.

-Pressing "Update Current" Button, encrypts and loads private data.
Success Status is displayed in "CURRENT" Window.
Failure prompts an error message.

-Pressing "Write Current" Button encrypts and loads data, then writes encrypted data to the "MAX_COTE,ini" file.

-Pressing "Next" Button encrypts, loads, and writes the encrypted private data to the "MAX_COTE,ini" file.

-Succes will be verified by a popup displaying "MAX_COTE.ini" File contents & Secured data encryption.

-Error Will be indicated by message popup describing problem.

Notes:Basically you can change values, and either press the "Update Current" & "Write Current" Buttons or, press the "Next" Button which does both. The 1st choice was designed for reassurance of the process.

D)-After Pressing "Next" on the 2nd Window (Secure Logon), macro will prepare and start EVE.

-This may take a short while as MAX-COTE must also reload the newly finished "MAX_COTE.ini File"

Notes: The MAX-COTE Miner Macro will set up your game environment and game windows as they need to be during the running of the macro. Please remember to leave the default setting of "VClear_Cache=YES" for initial macro setup. On subsequent startups, you can edit the "MAX-COTE.ini" File and Change to NO, or delete the MAX_COTE.ini File and recreate a new one using the new interface, but with "vClear_Cache=NO" to preserve your settings. The initial setup of the macro can be very time consuming (5-10 mins), as many checks and rechecks occur to ensure stable running of the macro.

You will need to take some time and read the help files concerning all the variables available in the macro. PLEASE READ THEM. They are your 1st line of support. This is an extermely complex and all inclusive macro, that does require some savvy and skills with regard to setting program options, setting, running, and reading logs, and pretty decent windows system skills to ensure optimum running of your machine. If you are already having problems running EVE or other programs, or your system runs sluggishly and problematically, chances are the macro will only increase your troubles. EVE itself, is quite a resource hog, and some might find that while they are able to get by running EVE fairly decently, that the additional resource draw of the macro slugs their systems down to the point of graphic lag/buffer errors/cursor hourglasses/game crashes, etc...

On a higher note, I will say that I myself run this macro on a plethoria of systems, from a Intel 3.4EE, SCSI Raid, ATI 850XT PE AGP, 2 GB DDR, all the way down to a Dual 1 GHz, IDE, NVidia 5700 Ultra, 256 MB PC 133. I use both WinXP Pro and Win2000 Pro, Basic Power User Settings, No exceptional tweaks, just eye candy turned off, only AntiVirus/FireWall running.

Last edited by Guest on April 30th, 2006, 2:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Posted: April 28th, 2006, 1:33 pm

tault_buckw1
tault_buckw1's Reps:
What Ships Can MaxCote control?

Currently MaxCote has been tested with most every ship up to and including a Covetor Mining Barge, however, barge code IS NOT currently in the macro.

Frigates, all races
Cruisers, all races
Destroyers, Minmatar and Gallente
Battleships, Minmatar,Gallente someone reported issues with the Apoc.
Industrials, All Iterons and a Badgers

If anyone has tried a ship NOT listed here (and it works ok) let me know so I can update the list.

BTW, Ship selection in the Macro ONLY changes warp to distance, other things were planned for ships classes but it has proven to be not needed. The barge is the exception, when I finally code it in.

Buck

Posted: April 28th, 2006, 1:55 pm

tault_buckw1
tault_buckw1's Reps:
1. What is jetcan mining?
2 Can you jetcan mine?

Jetcan mining is where you find a asteroid field you like, mine enough to fill you cargo hold and then you either jettison that can or you bring along a secure container that you jettison. Either way, you start transferring ore from your cargo hold to a jettisoned can. Another ship, usually a hauler then makes regular back and forth trips from jet can to base. This allows the miner to stay in place mining contiuously. Very, very efficient and profitable. However, you need 2 accounts/2 pc's or a trustworthy friend.

MaxCote has jetcan AND hauler code written in. It DOES NOT work very well and I have disabled several sections in my Red Moon update. The current implimentation requires 2 computers on a network with a common shared folder which MaxCote then writes the roid locations to. This lets the hauler know where to warp to and what cans are full/empty. The Jetcan routine is buggy and usually does not remember that a can is already out so it throws out another. The jetcan naming is unique and very good.

I hope to make a seperate hauler macro that MaxCote can link to.
I also want to be able to run 2 accounts on ONE pc with dual screens, one mining, one hauling. MacroScheduler does allow more than one script to be running at a time, so this "should" be doable.

Buck

Posted: April 29th, 2006, 7:17 am

tault_bmg
tault_bmg's Reps:
Thank you for the nice script its quite an achievement.

While plaing around making it work with huge ice fields(sorting of overview) I stumbled on this :

Line ~2704 version v6.04.7.1100 RMR BETA/2006-04-7 11:00 CST

Label>ORETYPE_DETECT_END
remark>Make sure sort is back standard
GPC>104,173,vColor

I changed 104->1040 and it seems to sense the sort arrow correctly.

Do you want bug reports on this version at all ?

Regards & Thanks
G

Posted: April 30th, 2006, 2:49 pm

tault_buckw1
tault_buckw1's Reps:
You bet I do! That was a good catch, noted and corrected.

Buck

Posted: May 10th, 2006, 4:09 pm

ecormian
ecormian's Reps:
The macro keeps closing my program (end game) it seems that it does NOT turn off station environment (which it should) I think some of the green colors are messing it up.

Also when the macro first detect a pirate... it continuously keep jumping from roid to roid (I have only 8) even continue to jump even when there are no pirate at all :(

what am I doing wrong?

Posted: May 10th, 2006, 7:23 pm

tault_buckw1
tault_buckw1's Reps:
Macro shutting down program is the auto log off feature.
Check your time zone setting or turn off auto log off by editing the MaxCote.ini file

Never have messed with station enviroment, will check into it.

Havn't seen the rat issue either but then again I have not done any extensive testing in rat infested systems :)

If it is a regular occurance can you PM me a log? Be sure to search it and edit out your log-on info or just send me the last half.

Buck

Posted: May 11th, 2006, 4:40 am

ecormian
ecormian's Reps:
will do that after the maintence :) (I'll be at work anyways so it is perfect)

The area I'm mining is only .7 so it is not too bad with rats, but what is weird is when there are no rats in the area, the ship still warps to the next roid.

I have all logoff feature turn off and set my computer to GMT just to be safe :) (it is my spare after all)

Posted: May 11th, 2006, 8:02 am

tault_buckw1
tault_buckw1's Reps:
Ship will warp to next belt if ANY object except roids shows on 1st line of overview OR there is not enough roids to occupy, I think, 12 lines upon arrival.
Rat detect itself cheks the 1st 5 or so lines during the mining cycle and warps out if a ship appears in those lines.

Buck

Posted: May 26th, 2006, 9:32 am

rethlen
rethlen's Reps:
I followed instructions to setup the Macro, with the proper resolutions and performance settings, etc, but some of the mouseclicks are off. It works fine up until it adjusts the sliders for window colors and transparency. It misses those, but then properly turns off audio and assigns the cargo shortcut. After that, though, all hell breaks loose. It misses the 'close window' button, and even if I do it manually, other mouseclicks are off.

How can I fix this?

Posted: May 28th, 2006, 5:51 am

evenfall
evenfall's Reps:
Everything seems to being working with the MAX_COTE miner except it never enters warp. Here's what I am seeing it do:

-Launches Eve and logs in
-Sets up initial configuration items (ie. no sound, window mode, etc.)
-Positions all windows
-Undocks ship
-Sets overview so it only displays the 6 sentry guns local to me and nothing remote along with some other minor display changes.

Now eveything appears to be setup and it enters the following loop; never warping.

-Right clicks first PnP BM.
-Left clicks line 6 of overview.
-Left clicks line 1 of overview.

It repeats this sequence forever with the only change being the BM in PnP it right clicks and never warps anywhere.

From what I understand I have the BM line numbers entered in the INI correct and have tried several different variations with no difference in behavior.

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted: May 29th, 2006, 5:53 pm

nicky1987
nicky1987's Reps:
where do i download this maxcote?

Posted: May 29th, 2006, 8:13 pm

tault_buckw1
tault_buckw1's Reps:
Couple topics down, 1st post.

Posted: June 5th, 2006, 11:10 pm

darknatured
darknatured's Reps:
edit: Just wanted to point out that this is the same problem as the one evenfall posted before me. He just put it in better words haha.

It may seem redundant to say I've set up everything according to the directions since I am here asking a question but here goes...

The macro sets up all the windows/overview settings and what not perfectly, up until the point where the mining loop actually begins. At first I thought it was part of the macro process to check "things" for 5-10 minutes, but I left it on for about half an hour and it didn't budge.

Problem in detail:
The mouse chooses my asteroid fields accordingly and right clicks it to show the submenu. Just as I expect it to choose the "warp to" option, the mouse clicks on a sentry gun or what not in the overview setting. (Note: i'm undocked and stationary right outside my station) It clicks on the 4th or so slot on the overview, then clicks on the first, then moves back to the PnP and selects the next asteroid field. It right clicks it once again, and then the problem occurs again. And this loop goes on endlessly.

Is there a setting that I'm supposed to make?

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online