taultunleashed logoMaxCote Questions and Answers : EVE Online Bots Hacks | EVE Bots Hacks - Page 5
newtopic  postreply
 [ 134 posts ]  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
blue large dot

MaxCote Questions and Answers : EVE Online Bots Hacks | EVE Bots Hacks - Page 5

Posted: July 6th, 2006, 10:25 am

tault_buckw1
tault_buckw1's Reps:
You are correct about command bar.
Was your ship docked when you started the initial run of MaxCote?
To reset maxCote and do fresh setup delete MaxCote.ini file found in the programfiles\mjtnet\maxcote folder.
Make sure ship is docked, run MaxCote, enter all requested info and after you clik last "ok" or "next" remove hands from keyboard and mouse and let MaxCote take over control. Let me know what happens. If not resolved I'll check your log against Eve when I get home tonite...after 7:00pm CDT.

BTW, if this is widescreen laptop MaxCote will probably fail regardless if Eve is set for 1024x768. Next major revison will be screen independant. Possibly client size independant also.

Buck

Posted: July 6th, 2006, 1:42 pm

psyclone
psyclone's Reps:
I`ve already done that. And if I remove my hands from keyboard will stop sooner, because channel windows isn`t minimized. I minimize channel window manually and then it goes further. The rest you know already

Last edited by Guest on July 7th, 2006, 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: July 6th, 2006, 4:20 pm

tault_buckw1
tault_buckw1's Reps:
Please download Screen Loupe and give me the coordinates of the double arrows (the tip) in the command bar when open and closed. and hex color of same.

[/url]

Posted: July 7th, 2006, 9:23 am

psyclone
psyclone's Reps:
0x282825

Posted: July 7th, 2006, 10:06 pm

tault_razorwing

Total Posts: 196
tault_razorwing's Reps: 1
Active User > 50 Posts
Tault_buckw1 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
System Requirements:

01)-Windows DeskTop @ 1280 x 1024. This means no 15" LCD's and some laptops.

a) Windows must be US Character set per this post:

*** The problem with getting these errors:

-------------------------------------------
Invalid parameters to Round

Cannot read String as Float.

Very simple...but not still...lol

Go to Start-->Settings-->Regional and Language Options.
There you should select English(United States)

Because the problem lies in the use of , or . to separate decimal numbers.

I was using Croatian and that sqruuuued up my script.

Now it works fine. ********

02)-ControlPanel/System/Advanced/Performance must be set to "Adjust for best performance". Noncompliance will alter pixel/color detection.
This means set up as windows classic with NO eye candy.

03)-Wallpaper should be set to "None". MaxCote samples background to test for game crashes. Actually any solid color is fine except white and black.

04)-Screensaver must be set to "None". Macro wil be interrupted if screen saver is activated.

05)-Power down of Monitor is safe to use...but you won't know if all is going well.

06)-The Eve game @ Default 1024 x 768 Windowed Mode (Will Be Set By Macro!)

07)-Must Have Station and Asteroid Field Locations Saved in "PEOPLE & PLACES"

08)-Recommended To Have 3 or More Plentiful Asteroid Field Locations Saved To "PEOPLE & PLACES"

09)-Other Bookmarks in People & Places are permitted, as long as:

A)-None of the listed System BookMarks for mining are listed lower than the 27th line of P&P After Configuration

B)-All of the System Asteroid BookMarks for mining are listed Contiguously

Sample Extreme Setup:

System Station is Listed on #20 Line.
3 Asteroid Fields are listed on Lines #7, #8, & #9.

This setup is just fine. Variable setup would be:

vPPSlot_Station_X=20
vPPSlot_First_System=7
vNumber_Asteroid_Fields=3

Notes: ONLY Asteroid Fields have to be contiguous,although they all can be.

10)-Must Have Mining Lasers Fitted in High Power Modules starting with #1.

11)-Must Have MWD or AfterBurner Fitted in Medium Power Module #1. AfterBurner is highly recommended. Actually MWD might be faster for docking purposes, but it causes a lot of overshoot/stuckage issues in Asteroid Fields.

12)-(OPTIONAL) Have ArmorRepair Unit Fitted in Low Power Module #1.

13)-Recommended to have no programs running, except for AntiVirus/FireWall software. It is further recommended that these or any other running background programs have their auto-update features disabled. You can manually update them, and make sure to turn off the notifications too, or they will interrupt the macro. Its very aggravating to wake up, check the macro and see that your dead cause defrag or virus scan popped up a "finished" notice. If MacroScheduler is not registered it restarts with a pop-up every 24 hours. Same result, macro stops or errors out.

14) Can I use Insta Dock BM's?
Yes! Instadock code is in, look in the hard coded variables at the start of the macro script and change to YES. Sucess of instdock varies greatlydepending on you BM skill and where you warping in from. Setup menu will be updated a later time.

15)-The EVE install uses a default install of "C:\Program Files\CCP\EVE". While it is not necessary to install EVE to your "C" drive to run the macro, you must have the "\CCP\EVE" Directory Structure intact. The macro wil look for the installation starting in "C:\Program Files\CCP\EVE", then "C:\CCP\EVE", then "D:\CCP\EVE", then "E:\CCP\EVE", etc, all the way to "Z:\CCP\EVE". The macro will not find the game if it is installed in a non-default directory structure. Duplicate Eve Install is recommended, rename it to say: "Eve2" make a shortcut and use that for your normal game play.

16)-The macro running program: "Macro Scheduler" must be installed in it's default installation directory of "C:\Program Files\MJT Net Ltd\Macro Scheduler".

17)-The "MAX_COTE.zip" package must be downloaded and unzipped to the default Macro Scheduler installation directory: "C:\Program Files\MJT Net Ltd\Macro Scheduler" creating the Directory Structure: "C:\Program Files\MJT Net Ltd\Macro Scheduler\MAX_COTE". This is vital to the running of the macro. You can place the "MAX_COTE.zip" file in the default directory of Macro Scheduler and unzip it there, or from an Archive, if you are used to working with zip files. The package includes the main macro itself along with help files, support files, changelog, images for the new interface, a link to the Greenwich Mean Time Web Site, an encryption/decryption program, and registry tweak to optimize the sizing of notepad for optimal viewing of the interface help files.

18)-You must open up "Macro Scheduler" and "import" the macro to use it. You can run it right from where it sits in "C:\Program Files\MJT Net Ltd\Macro Scheduler\MAX_COTE" or put a copy in the Macro Scheduler directory, whichever you prefer. There is also a "BackUp" directory under MAX_COTE, that contains backups, in case of an accident, of the macro and some vital files.

19)-You must assign a hot key to the macro. Just open up Macro Scheduler, and right click on the MAX_COTE macro, and select "Macro Properties". There is also a place to specify logging if you are having trouble with the macro. Best setting is to Select: "Log Progress of Macro", "Empty Log File Before Each Run", & "Log start and completion of each step".

*****WARNING*****
*****WARNING*****
*****WARNING*****

BEWARE POSTING OF LOGFILES...

Encryption is used for writing private data to the hard drive in the form of an "INI" config file.

HOWEVER, if logging is used, the log will reflect interpreted variable values, including usernames, passwords, character names, AND the encryption password, which is system specific.

DO NOT POST LogFiles, unless you have coding experience and you are comfortable editting LogFiles, and searching for variables. LogFiles can be extremely long, and data may not seem readily accessible.

*****WARNING*****
*****WARNING*****
*****WARNING*****

20)-Kick The Tires & Light The Fires...First Time Run...

Functionality of Standard Initial Run:

A)-Hot Key Trigger the macro...Wait about 10-30 secs, depending on system specs...

-MAX-COTE runs install check to find EVE install

-MAX-COTE runs "Variables" Subroutine to check for existance of MAX_COTE.ini File.

-MAX_COTE Loads default Variable Values, Writes "Default.ini" for possible interface reset.

-MAX_COTE opens the default background for the new interface

-MAX_COTE opens the new MAX-GUI Interface

B)-First Interface Menu - General Variables:

-MAX-COTE displays several coloumns of variable data:
"Variable Label, Variable Value, Variable Current, Variable Change, & Variable Help"

-First, you can use the "Help" buttons by each Variable to learn about each variable.

-Next you can make choices in the Column Marked: "CHANGE".
The drop down values eliminate errant/unsupported choices.

-The Macro Will Only Update it's memory values if you hit the "Update Current" button after you make choices.
The column "CURRENT" will show memory values updated in realtime.

-Next You should save your values to a NON-Default "INI" File ("MAX_COTE.ini" File).
By pressing the "Write Current" button, a NON-default "INI" file ("MAX_COTE.ini" File) is written.
A popup will verify this, and show you it's contents.

-You may press "CHANGE", "Update Current", or "Write Current" as many times as you like.

-If you press "CANCEL", you will be dropped out of the Configuration without further changes.

-If you press "RESET DEFAULT" values, default values will be loaded.

-If you press "Next", and MAX_COTE will update your changes, write the "INI" file, and continue the configuration.

C)-Second Interface Menu - Secure Logon Window:

-Here You must enter your private data.
Functionality is similar to First window, but with secure enhancements.

-UserName,PassWord, and Character Name are entered in a secure masked input box, by pressing each's button.

-Pressing "Update Current" Button, encrypts and loads private data.
Success Status is displayed in "CURRENT" Window.
Failure prompts an error message.

-Pressing "Write Current" Button encrypts and loads data, then writes encrypted data to the "MAX_COTE,ini" file.

-Pressing "Next" Button encrypts, loads, and writes the encrypted private data to the "MAX_COTE,ini" file.

-Succes will be verified by a popup displaying "MAX_COTE.ini" File contents & Secured data encryption.

-Error Will be indicated by message popup describing problem.

Notes:Basically you can change values, and either press the "Update Current" & "Write Current" Buttons or, press the "Next" Button which does both. The 1st choice was designed for reassurance of the process.

D)-After Pressing "Next" on the 2nd Window (Secure Logon), macro will prepare and start EVE.

-This may take a short while as MAX-COTE must also reload the newly finished "MAX_COTE.ini File"

Notes: The MAX-COTE Miner Macro will set up your game environment and game windows as they need to be during the running of the macro. Please remember to leave the default setting of "VClear_Cache=YES" for initial macro setup. On subsequent startups, you can edit the "MAX-COTE.ini" File and Change to NO, or delete the MAX_COTE.ini File and recreate a new one using the new interface, but with "vClear_Cache=NO" to preserve your settings. The initial setup of the macro can be very time consuming (5-10 mins), as many checks and rechecks occur to ensure stable running of the macro.

You will need to take some time and read the help files concerning all the variables available in the macro. PLEASE READ THEM. They are your 1st line of support. This is an extermely complex and all inclusive macro, that does require some savvy and skills with regard to setting program options, setting, running, and reading logs, and pretty decent windows system skills to ensure optimum running of your machine. If you are already having problems running EVE or other programs, or your system runs sluggishly and problematically, chances are the macro will only increase your troubles. EVE itself, is quite a resource hog, and some might find that while they are able to get by running EVE fairly decently, that the additional resource draw of the macro slugs their systems down to the point of graphic lag/buffer errors/cursor hourglasses/game crashes, etc...

On a higher note, I will say that I myself run this macro on a plethoria of systems, from a Intel 3.4EE, SCSI Raid, ATI 850XT PE AGP, 2 GB DDR, all the way down to a Dual 1 GHz, IDE, NVidia 5700 Ultra, 256 MB PC 133. I use both WinXP Pro and Win2000 Pro, Basic Power User Settings, No exceptional tweaks, just eye candy turned off, only AntiVirus/FireWall running.

Why do you have to have the US keyboard configuaration installed? Is your program some how only using keys which only a US keyboard has? To me it shouldnt really matter whether its a US or any other countries keyboard, the only difference is the layout and to a macro program, it shouldnt matter what layout it uses as it only emulates keyboard control rather than pushing the keys.

I just wondered why Max Cote is dependent on US keyboards, sounds kinda werid lol :P

You dont work for a keyboard company like Logitech do you? lol ;)

Posted: July 8th, 2006, 12:03 am

bildur1
bildur1's Reps:
cant seem to find the download link...is it still available?

Posted: July 8th, 2006, 8:21 am

tault_razorwing

Active User > 50 Posts
You can download the latest version of MaxCote here:
http://www.taultunleashed.com/phpbb2/vi ... hp?t=27985

Posted: July 8th, 2006, 11:07 am

tault_buckw1
tault_buckw1's Reps:
tault_razorwing (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
[

Why do you have to have the US keyboard configuaration installed? Is your program some how only using keys which only a US keyboard has? To me it shouldnt really matter whether its a US or any other countries keyboard, the only difference is the layout and to a macro program, it shouldnt matter what layout it uses as it only emulates keyboard control rather than pushing the keys.

I just wondered why Max Cote is dependent on US keyboards, sounds kinda werid lol :P

You dont work for a keyboard company like Logitech do you? lol ;)

As noted in the help file you quoted.....

"Because the problem lies in the use of , or . to separate decimal numbers."

Not keyboard specific but character set specific.

Posted: July 8th, 2006, 11:15 am

tault_buckw1
tault_buckw1's Reps:
psyclone (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
0x282825

I don't see any way those readings are possible if PC and MaxCote are setup
correctly.
Please check these 2 attached screen shots and note the red pixel. Also note the style of the Eve title bar. Let me know how your readings compare.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted: July 8th, 2006, 11:55 am

tault_razorwing

Active User > 50 Posts
Just to confirm what you said, you carnt use . or , in macro scheduler? thats annoying. Just wondering though (sorry for so many questions :( ) but what do you use the . and , for?

Posted: July 8th, 2006, 3:51 pm

tault_buckw1
tault_buckw1's Reps:
tault_razorwing (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Just to confirm what you said, you carnt use . or , in macro scheduler? thats annoying. Just wondering though (sorry for so many questions :( ) but what do you use the . and , for?

It's not about using those 2 characters, my undertsanding is that they are used differently in other languages, example being the date... See the windows help info on Country

US is July 8, 2006 7/8/06
Euro is 8 July, 2006 8/7/06 and some are

Most macro also send keys literally, so if Russia use the . in place of the , then script unworkable.

Posted: July 10th, 2006, 5:27 am

chinswain
chinswain's Reps:
Just a quick question, why do the mining lasers get switched on and off constantly? this drains the cap within a few seconds. Is it possible to have them stay on for a londer period?

:P

Posted: July 10th, 2006, 6:09 am

zx9r
zx9r's Reps:
ok at this point then the "detection system" for you is messed up. the code is open source but with out understanding it no way to tweak it. In other words the pixel it is testing may be 1 off.

Eve Dev's seem to be pretty good about moving things a few pixels in either direction to throw off the macro'er

I am working on modifing v.10's version of the macro to help with 90% of these issues. I think it just needed a fresh set of eyes!

Posted: July 10th, 2006, 7:23 am

chinswain
chinswain's Reps:
I have a little programming experience in OOP, could you tell me the location of the pixel that is being checked? (guessing its the lasers on the target?) and what line to change?

Many thanks.

Posted: July 10th, 2006, 4:22 pm

tault_buckw1
tault_buckw1's Reps:
Are we still discussing MaxCote?

MaxCote turns on the lasers and thats it, nothing in script to turn off lasers.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online